Well, The Elders & Circuit Overseer Came By Tonight To See If We Are Celeb.

by Lady Liberty 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello dear friends...

Well..the saga continues!! As many of you know last New Years the JWs attacked our "Frosty" and egged our home. It went to court..and you know the rest. I vowed as I was cleaning up the frozen egg in 10 below weather..that if they didn't like our frosty..they are going to hate what we do next year!!

Well..here we are..our house is decked out as much as we could! We have already blown the circut breaker once..and had to readjust our lights. We were able to then add a "Merry Christmas" sign, holographic candy canes, snowflakes, giftboxes, 2 deer, a "Santa stops here sign", and of course, "frosty". The whole house has red and green C9 bulbs, with clear mini iclicle lights below. Every window and door has been outlined in lights. The front coloums are wrapped in garland and lights. There is a Christmas tree in the front window of our bedroom as well as in the front livingroom.....

OK...now the stage is set..for the rest of the story.

So a few of days ago someone drives by at night and stops and takes pictures. It is a man, alone. Thought it was weird, and thought it maybe a JW..but who knows.

Then 2 days ago, a car of 3 men in suits and ties..JWs drove by (during the day) as we were putting in the candycane lights. My daughter was helping me and she had her santa hat on...we just laughed as they about broke their necks starring as they drove by.

Then this afternoon...I was looking out the window as I was going downstairs, and saw two elders, and the new circuit overseer get out of the car. Our cars were both here, and my husband was on a business call, so I didn't answer the door with out him. They rang the doorbell twice, and sat out in the car and when leaving they actually backed up and almost saw me....anyhow... I just knew they would be back.

So..about 2 hours later, my JW father in law drops in. In shock that we have all the Christmas stuff up. I invited him in and he about croacked when he wallked in and saw the tree and the whole inside decked out too! Of course we got the "pagan " lecture, and he wouldn't listen to any reasoning what so ever. He told us that he had been at work, and one of the elders who came by came to see him asking if he knew if we were celebrating Christmas or not. He said he had no idea, but after they told him about how our house looked he had to come by and see for himself.

So...after he left..about 20 minutes later, there was another ring on the doorbell. I thought it was my brother in law as we were expecting him. I opened the door and about crapped! I had my little dog in my arms who was going balistic, and I said just a minute, let me put my dog away. I left them on the porch to get my husband.

So we both came back to the door. The elder said we stopped by because we saw all your Chrismas decorations. We said.."Yes...." The cuircut overseer said, "So are you celebrating Christmas??" (Ahh...no shit Shirlock!!) (Excuse my french!)

I said a firm, "YES!" My husband said.."Ah..yeah we have a few cute things..." (not wanting a confrontation, but I was ready!) The circuit overseer said.."Ok..would you be willing to meet with a judicial comittee..?" I said "Absolutely NOT! At least I wouldn't! They asked my husband and he said, " I see no need to meet. You see clearly what we are doing, there is no need to meet and discuss it." The CO said, "So you are both not willing to meet with the elders..?"

I said.."You know there was a time 3 years ago we were willing to meet to have our questions (re: 607) answered. But we waited and waited and waited for the elders to reply and they NEVER came!" Then real cocky & with a smirk on his face the CO said," Sometimes we just have to wait..don't we!?" I said, "Yeah, well you waited a little too long!" (Oh he was a JERK! Fairly young and a smart ASS!) (Excuse my french.)

He then said.."Well, its clear you are going back to the pagan ways of the world." ( My husband and I have NEVER been in the world! We were both raised very strong JWS!) Then I said.."You know I find it funny how you can talk to us about worldy ways when....Did you happen to watch the NBC news the other night about Pediphiles in the organization?" They both said "Yes". I asked, "How is it the elders are harboring pediphiles in the congregations?" Oh you should have seen the look of the CO!!! He was pissed! The elder that was with him had the deer in the headlights look. But the CO pointed his finger at me and said, "We are NOT going to have this conversation!!" Then he begins to walk away. I say.. "Well you can't ignore the fact that the society is paying out over 13 million dollars in settlements to the victums, can you?! !

Then he stopped and shook his finger at me and said, "THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN IN JEHOVAHS ORGANIZATION!!" Instantly pissed off, I swung the door open and went outside and said "Excuse me?!!!! Did you just say it doesn't happen?? He then said, "There are only a few isolated cases." I said "A few?? How about over 20,000 files of cases of child abuse within the congregations!!!! And you say it's not happening?? Infact thats why you have had the "Keep on the Watch campain cancelled haven't you?!??" He said," I don't know what your talking about! I placed that brochure just last month!" I said.."Well regardless, I cannot and will not belong to an organization who harbors pediphiles!!!

And as I was walking back inside as they left the CO says in a real cocky attitude, "Have a great Christmas!!"

I said "Thank you! We CERTAINLY WILL!!!

End of story.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd be calling HIS boss ( district overseer?) and tattle he wished you a "great christmas" !

another comment i thought was typical " WE ARE NOT HAVING THIS CONVERSATION" why? cuz he knows it wont go his way thats why.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Good for you Lady Liberty!!!

I'm sure they were surprised when you stood your ground and refused to meet with them. They think that all should crumble to their authority!

Have a great Christmas!!!

Babygirl...

• journey-on
    journey-on

I felt so empowered reading this. How good it must feel to be yourself and just run with the freedom! MERRY CHRISTMAS, LADY LIBERTY!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Thanks you guys!! I forgot to tell you that the first time I saw them I was so suprised to see them that I bonked my head on the wall as I tried to scurry myself out of site! I got a big lump on my forehead! I could have kicked myself all over for being a big chiken. There were 3 of them and one of me since my husband was unavailable. They were trying to catch us off guard, and that they did. I knew they would be back..so I was trying to think of what to say when they did.

I had called my parents telling them how mad I was at myself, and my dad said "Do NOT be afraid of them sweetie!!" That stuck with me.

They just returned sooner than I thought they would. So before we reopened the door I prayed a quick prayer asking for Holy spirit and courage..which God gave me!!

I have to say..they came they to catch us off guard and make us feel uncomfortable. But when they left it was us who had the upper hand of the conversation, asking the questions, wanting answers, and it was the who left uncomfortable!! I am sure they weren't expecting that!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

You GO girl !! and another one down, another one down, another one bites the dust

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's amazing to me that they are so petty - so you celebrate Christmas, so what? I think you ought to warn them that further attempts to contact you would just be harassment and you'd have to bring the police into it again. They need to leave you alone!!!

• shell69
    shell69

Lady, that was brilliant!, you and hubby were so brave to stand up for yourselves like that when they were obviously set on 'stalking' you both.

You are aware that they will df you now with or without your presence?

You have been stitched up; they have ensured that they have 'two or more witnesess' to your wrongdoing ! (), they can df you in your absence.

IMVHO; I'd get a d/a letter in before they have the satisfaction! TO$$ERS!

Shell69

• rache31
    rache31

Thanks for sharing your courage. What a trip these people are! I look back and think of the times I heard people talking about elders snooping or doing "drive-by" investigations. What nerve! It's like the damned secret police or something. Oh, I loved how the CO wished you a great christmas. He might get df'd...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

That was FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I remember all the trouble you had last year!!! poor thing

While reading I just had to laugh at all your decorations and circuit breaker blowing!!!

This is the best thing I have read here in awhile!!!

Thanks for sharing!

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit