Well, The Elders & Circuit Overseer Came By Tonight To See If We Are Celeb.

by Lady Liberty 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Randy..

Thanks. No problem.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Amazing how they have all the time in the world to spy on and go after someone who celebrates Xmas, but they don't have the time to deal with you when you have honest questions.

Another example that shows they don't make time to try to offer any assistance to those
    that are asking questions or missing meetings even over a period of years, but let them
    think there is something judicial and they are making trips over there again and again to catch
    you in the act.

That's all they have to offer- there are no good answers to questions, so they don't bother
    trying to offer assistance.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    Truthsearcher said: But....what is the fall-out going to be with your inlaws? And are you ready for that?

Well I suppose it's time for me to chime in, since Lady Liberty and I are husband and wife. Truthsearcher, you ask a very painful question. LL's family is all out of the org. and I love all of them dearly, just as if they were my own family, but most of my family are still in, except for my aunt and uncle. When my Dad stopped over last evening to "discover" our wicked, but very Merry Christmas ways, my Mom happened to call during his visit. We haven't spoken, she and I, for quite some time, and it bothers me that we don't comunicate. Anyhooo....she proceeds to tell me how much she misses us (LL our daughter and I) and how much she would love to get together again and repair our relationships. End of story there, he leaves, she hangs up with me, all is well....sort of.

Then the elders and the CO show up and that whole bit that LL told you about. Then..Dad calls back after they've gone, (kinda makes me wonder if it was all a set up) and says, "Son I have a last chance idea if you're willing to hear me out." I said "Sure." He said, "Would you consider talking with the CO as a last ditch effort to share your thoughts and concerns about 607 and other things?" I said, "Sure...... but we already talked about some things." He said, "You did?" I said, "Ya, he just left here about ten minutes ago." You coulda heard a pin drop........... Then Mom get's ahold of the phone, and all hell breaks loose. Now remember, just about 45 minutes prior she was spouting, "I love you son", "let's work on our relationships son". Ok, so then, she starts in on me cuz' pops musta told her, "They're celebrating Christmas over there, but it's really cozy and inviting too"

Now back to she gets ahold of the phone, she starts in on me and says, "How dare you? How dare you celebrate that pagan holiday, Christmas, do you realize that you're going to die for this?" She started screaming at me, now mind you, we had guests over, (brother and sister in law for dinner) and I thought to myself, I can let this affect either positively or negatively, I can either have a great evening or a horrible one. I'm thinking this as the wire leading up to the handset is turning red, so I just hung up on her. No more screaming, just a peaceful quiet.

A year and a half ago my brother told me never to call his house again, so that over. It's kinda sad since he has a daughter, and I'd like to have a relationship with her. His wife is a bitch, and he's a limp pansy, bowing to her every whim and desire.

So, dear friends, this is it. The end of a long era. I was born into the Organization, and now some 40+ years later, I'm out. No regrets, no looking back. I have some good memories and some not-so-good memories. I still love Mom and Dad and my Brother, but it will never be the same now. I've got a whole life ahead of me to love my God, Jehovah, my wife and daughter, her family, and to love my neighbor.

Love to you all,

BP

• flipper
    flipper

Black Pearl- Guy, I am 48, was raised in it like you, and have gone through similar stuff with my witness relatives . I'm sorry your mom treated you that way. Sucks, big time. You did the right thing hanging up on her and keeping the peace. A year ago right before Mrs. Flipper and I married , my self-righteous ex-gilead graduate sister wrote me a nasty, mean card saying how could I not be in the organization and make our mom and dad suffer, blah, blah, blah . But ny mom and dad witnesses for 55 years respect my fade, we do fine ! Jusy my self appointed elderette sister and my older brother told me ( he's an ex-bethelite elder ) that I was not welcome in his home until I came back to Jehovah ! And I have 2 witness daughters who will not talk to me or return my letters or phone calls . So, I feel for you. My son and I are real close he is 22 and going to college. Black Pearl- Give it some time. your dad may reason with your mom and tell her what an insensitive person she has been, and she may mellow out in time. A year later my brother is now acknowledging me and my wife now, as we showed support for my mom when she had an operation in September . Just continue being loving, I know it's hard, but remember they are under "cult mind control". they are freaks, and they don't even know it , the worst kind. So keep your chin up bro and sis, you guys will make it ! your friend, peace out, Mr. Flipper You have a p.m.

• Mary
    Mary
    she starts in on me and says, "How dare you? How dare you celebrate that pagan holiday, Christmas, do you realize that you're going to die for this?"

Ya.....funny how all the people who are celebrating Christmas in this picture were all (supposedly) rewarded with eternal life in heaven as the Bride of Christ......but if you or me celebrate it------it'll cost us our eternal life.

• jambon1
    jambon1

As I said on another topic I started, they don't like it when you turn things on them.

"We are not having this conversation". "Things like this don't happen in Jehovah's organisation". The same replies I get from my wife & others when discussing what is CLEARLY wrong about 'Jehovah's organisation'. They don't like to discuss matters such as these.

My advice to you would be along the lines of blatantly ignoring them in future. If they d/f you, so what?

Thanks for sharing.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    our house is decked out as much as we could! We have already blown the circut breaker once..and had to readjust our lights. We were able to then add a "Merry Christmas" sign, holographic candy canes, snowflakes, giftboxes, 2 deer, a "Santa stops here sign", and of course, "frosty". The whole house has red and green C9 bulbs, with clear mini iclicle lights below. Every window and door has been outlined in lights.

In response to the CO's "Are you celebrating Christmas", my reply would've been "Oh no, my brother, this is our simple celebration of 'new light'.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

LADY LIBERTY----Good for you, for standing your ground. Always be yourself, go celebrated Christmas and be Happy.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Again..thank you everyone for your encouragement!!! (((HUGS)))

We are going to take a photo of the house tonight when the lights are on so you can see the house!! Hee Hee Hee or should I say, Ho Ho Ho!!!

"MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!"

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Why does this bogus number of 20,000-23,000 keep popping up?

Where did you get it Lee? Is it reliable?

Randy

I certainly could be wrong but I believe the 23,000 figure comes from Barbara Anderson who had access to such information.It should be noted that since the congregation isn't informed as to the presence of any pedophiles in the congregation they might find the numbers rather surprising.However, for any who were elders and had access to cong. records, like myself, the number isn't unbelievable at all.I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the figures were considerably higher, especially since 23,000 is specifically regarding the U.S., Canada and Europe.

I know there are some out there, like company man "thirdwitness", who try to claim this number includes large numbers of "non-jw's" who were associating or accused family members; but not only do I find that doubtful- it still doesn't change the fact that the cong. isn't informed and that proper legal and moral action isn't administered.Sorry to go a bit off topic here, just wanted to answer this question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit