Well, The Elders & Circuit Overseer Came By Tonight To See If We Are Celeb.

by Lady Liberty 110 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

This made my day.... Good for you & hubby for facing up to them....
    Have a very happy Christmas...

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

LL, that was great!!! I'm still laughing as I try to picture the CO's face!!! (They're not used to being TOLD anything!)

As far as the 23,000 number goes...I think it's low! I just found out this weekend of 3 more JW sisters that were molested when they were small....I personally now know of 15 in this area that have NEVER been reported!!! I think it's happened way more than any of us realize, it just takes a long time for many to get up the courage to say it, and I'm sure there are many that will never talk about it.

Swalker

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Woohoo!! Good for you! I wish I could have been there to see it!!

• Robert7
    Robert7

The abuse cases are an eye-opening event. Does anyone have any credible links you can send me that provides more general info? I am looking for (if possible) something that describes the number of known cases, suspected cases, and how much has been paid out in the last x years... I am trying Google queries but I get a lot of message boards and discussions. I am looking for real ammo here.

• chickpea
    chickpea

posts like this inspire me to prepare for the possibility of a shepherding call, altho i doubt it is likely, as we have been not just inactive but ABSENT for over 3 years without so much as a postcard!!

too right the lack of love displayed that the 1 is left to the ravages of the world..... guess it is getting harder by the month to herd the 99 in the KH

sincere wishes that the fallout from your encounter is marginal and an ultimate gain for you

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Great job LL - good for you!

nj

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Friends,

Thank you again for your encouraging words!! We really appreciate all your kindness!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

You should have asked him about his pagan wedding ring.

• bebu
    bebu

WOW, LL, you simply astound me!

First off, you have made me truly sorry that I have not got the outside of my home full of lights (we do the inside, though). I don't think I've ever been so impressed and inspired by Christmas spirit before. Last year's troubles only fueled your fire, instead of cooling your jets. I'm going to "do more" over here by way of decorating, on account of you. -- And I really want to see a picture of your house! Can you post it? Or email it if I give you my address? Blowing a fuse means your place must be bright!

And then, your ability to stand up to the company men... bravo! kudos!

And BlackPearl, your aplomb in handling all of the drama--during a dinner party, no less--holy smokes...!

You are both really inspiring!!

bebu

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Thank you for your inspiring story Lady. Last Friday I had 2 sisters come to the door to tell me about the one day assembly. You can see my tree from the road, and we have a few lights outside. Nothing like your impressive display though. I told them thank you, but I was going to be in AL for a concert on Saturday. I am still waiting for the elder squad to come over...

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit