Sorry?

by RichieRich 174 Replies latest jw friends

I, apparently in the minority, never cared for Richie . I just didn't get his outlandish life-choices [from my perspective]. The stories that he told made him look like a selfish brat who was rubbing in his parents' Jw faces, flaunting his body-artwork and far left liberal positions as superior to those more mainstream. It seems completely juvenile and garnered a ton of praise here, which likely excaberated his activity. Likely all that cyber-fame lead him down a path seeking more. AK-Jeff

I don't care for many of the life-choices Richie made either, but they are his choices to make, not yours, not mine, not his parents', and not the Watchtower's. Personally, I think tattoos are a bad mistake, hence my comments in that regard to Seth. But I also consider the fact that Richie is still a kid, and at his age, I made lots of stupid mistakes as well. I'm not going to condemn him for making mistakes.

I have a few other points I'd like to bring up in connection with this situation.

First, Seth's motivation. If Seth's shop owners claims are true, they could obtain legal help to deal with Richie. Why use this discussion forum for this purpose? Seth could have pm'd Simon or one of the moderators and all threads complained of would most likely have been removed by this forum. The tone of Seth's posts, in my opinion, are indicative of an intent to go far beyond clearing up the alleged misrepresentation; rather, they appear to be calculated to inflict as much reputational damage to Richie as possible.

Second, assuming Seth's claims are true, lying about one's job is an indicator of low self esteem. And low self esteem is a pervasive problem for those who have been exposed to the Watchtower cult. So assuming Seth's claims are true, and that Richie's conduct is indicative of low self esteem, such low self esteem is most likely attributable to exposure to the Watchtower cult. So should I bash Richie for the manifestation of symptoms relating to damage inflicted upon him by the Watchtower cult, the same cult that added a lot of misery to my childhood and devastated my family? I think not. If it's proven that Richie lied, I'll forgive him for it. Right now, that has not been proven to my satisfaction, so there's no need for forgiveness.

Third, some have suggested that those standing up for Richie don't care about being lied to. Wrong again. If Richie is proven to have lied, I would forgive him, but I would assess the credibility of any future comments/claims he made in light of everything I know about him, including his past veracity. Forgive yes, forget no.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

there are many ways to say this, but, it has been my experience that whatever you put out, will sooner or later, come back to roost or slap you in the face..........no judgement meant........for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction..........I like the current phrase going around: "god don't like ugly". so, if there's been "ugly" sooner or later, it will come home to the perpetrator. it's been interesting to read all the various responses to this situation.........some have made me laugh, some have surprised me and some have made me feel sad. that said, i also feel that there are more important things to be concerned with in life, as at least one poster has mentioned: children dying of hunger, women being beaten, raped, etc........perspective is important in the grand scheme of things............

Terri

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"The tone of Seth's posts, in my opinion, are indicative of an intent to go far beyond clearing up the alleged misrepresentation; rather, they appear to be calculated to inflict as much reputational damage to Richie as possible."

That's pretty much the appropriate response when you see someone building a false persona, especially when they've used you as a prop to build their "reputation".

• SixofNine
    "The tone of Seth's posts, in my opinion, are indicative of an intent to go far beyond clearing up the alleged misrepresentation; rather, they appear to be calculated to inflict as much reputational damage to Richie as possible."

That's pretty much the appropriate response when you see someone building a false persona, especially when they've used you as a prop to build their "reputation".

Six of Nine,

You believe that an appropriate response to Richie's conduct is for Seth to inflict as much reputational damage on Richie as possible?

I don't agree with your assertion that vindictiveness is an appropriate response to this situation, and your claim that it is speaks volumes about what type of person you are.

• Kudra
    Kudra

6of9:

That commercial is HILARIOUS!!!!! heh heh.

I remember those...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't agree with your assertion that vindictiveness is an appropriate response to this situation, and your claim that it is speaks volumes about what type of person you are.

You're a cutey patootie!

Destroying a false reputation is not vindictive, it's merely having a respect for authenticity. A false reputation is the not same as a good reputation, even though they both utilize the word "reputation", you do get that, don't you?

It's not that I think Richie should be permanently humiliated by his actions, it's just that I think he should be appropriately humiliated by his actions, because let's be honest, it's pretty pathetic, and it will w/o question hold him back from having a good life. The only people who will accept that kind of behaviour are people who aren't worth having as friends in the first place, so it is already becoming a vicious circle for young master Richie.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Holy shit, this thread is still going?

Man, Richie is soooo yesterday. How does that Kingdom Song go? Move Ahead! Move Ahead Bla Bla Bla Bla!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Sorry? Sorry my arse! Looks to me more like he's sorry he got caught........I was almost feeling, hum....pity for Richie but then I saw his new avatar. Nope he looks like a spoilt brat to me I'm not buying his pathetic apology with the disclaimer that "he owes us nothing".

Cry me a river will ya!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Holy shit, this thread is still going?

Man, Richie is soooo yesterday. How does that Kingdom Song go? Move Ahead! Move Ahead Bla Bla Bla Bla!

This is the best part of this thread so far. Especially the song lyrics. Good form, Nos!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit