Lies on Line...I always thought JWD was a forum for Honesty

by restrangled 154 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Junction Guy, I just have to say you are one of the most confllicted men I have ever met. Please work out who you are before you bring anyone else in to your mess.

If you are honest, really having problems, and a genuine type person, most people dont want to listen to you, I have found that out the hard way.

On the contrary, I have always been myself, if a little reserved sometimes. I found out very quickly if I share the real parts of my life, the board comes alive. It's because deep down, we spot the genuine, really.

Anyone can be fooled for a while. I've allowed myself that weakness for some time. I am therefore not offended if I get "taken". It happens in real life. It happens here, too.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbkRe: I spoke with BlakeSeeley

Post 9844 of 10850
    since 19-Feb-07

9 m 22 d

You worry me, Dave.

Post 9845 of 10850
    since 19-Feb-07

9 m 22 d

You've known this guy for how long?

IP: qQN3rBcuUd1vXW1D

Post 9846 of 10850
    since 19-Feb-07

9 m 22 d

Knock yourself out.

Junction-GuyRe: I spoke with BlakeSeeley

Post 3380 of 3654
    since 02-Jan-03

37 y 29 d

Thank you, I will
    IP: +EUqCjTRqHqsipLK

Post 9848 of 10850
    since 19-Feb-07

9 m 22 d

Really watch what kind of personal information you may give.

Not everyone is as sincere as you are.

Post 9850 of 10850
    since 19-Feb-07

9 m 22 d

Good, Dave.

We disagree on much, but you know I care about you, right?

There's more. But, I'm tired. My point in posting all of this is to point out to you, Dave, that there are many here, dozens and dozens of posters that have shown an interest in your personal story, invested in you emotionally. But because you disagree with them on religion or politics, you seem to dismiss them and want to keep returning to sing the same sad song.

I think you should be embarrassed by the accusation you made against me and the people of this forum in general.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Dave, I have never seen nvrgnbk call you names here, I have seen him on plenty occasions express care and concern for you ( as he has already demonstrated). You have said:

You have offered nothing but critisicm, not even constructive criticism at that. You have no clue what empathy is, you just want to attack people who have different religious and political views as yourself.

So what's your latest thread all about then? *steals outlaws's dog* Laughing Mutley

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I got your back nvr.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I got your back nvr.

22.5 hours and counting, brother.

• steve2
    steve2

Sensitive egos hurt easily. Roll with it. Why bend over backwards to explain yourself? Some people get it, others don't, no matter how many words are expressed.

It's pretty much like the "real" world: Some people empathize, some are indifferent and who knows how many others are overtly or covertly critical. It ain't the way I'd like it, but that's the way it is. Sounds like my local neighbourhood!

• beksbks
    beksbks

I've only recently had a chance to get to know you Dave. I have but one suggestion. Read. A lot. Laughing Mutley I'm sorry Outlaw, I just had to.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Along the lines of the original intent of this thread, a couple of negative experiences have taught me to take everything with a grain of salt. I don't have the time to scrutinize all the posters and their posts, so instead I make a conscious effort to avoid getting too close to anyone online. That way, if something goes wrong I really don't care too much. It cost me too much in my "real life" in the past, so I'm very careful about who I'll care about.

W

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I forgot about JG hooking up with, like a total stranger and nvr's concern for JG in giving out personal information to him

JG, wow, you really have a hard time seeing who you real friends are or can be.

It's ok to have friends.

purps

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

It's pretty much like the "real" world: Some people empathize, some are indifferent and who knows how many others are overtly or covertly critical. It ain't the way I'd like it, but that's the way it is. Sounds like my local neighbourhood!

Wow, New Zealand sounds pretty harsh...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit