Lies on Line...I always thought JWD was a forum for Honesty

by restrangled 154 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nvrgnbk..You took my Dam Dog!..It ain`t right!!.............I`ll see you at High Noon..Outside the Saloon..Clint Eastwood..Nobody steals my Dooooug and lives to tell about it!..Coffin And Smoking.....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Carmel, the Richie Rich fiasco is what spurred this topic on, the thing between me in Nvrgnbk is totally different to what this topic was started on.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    You purposefully came onto my "gay issue" topics to cause trouble, if you dont like my whining (as you put it), then by all means avoid any topic of mine that involves that subject in my life. That was a very big issue for me and I remained silent on it for way too long. Nobody held a gun to your head to make you read my topics.

You're really sad or you have a terrible memory.

I have a very good one on the other hand.

I'll be back to show you what I'm referring to, since you're unable or unwilling to examine your troubling tendency to ignore the kind and constructive words offered to you by others so as to be able to continue whining.

It would appear that that's what brings you happiness.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

This belongs here, because the thread is about honesty...

nvrgnbkRe: For those who have been reading my posts

Post 153 of 10841
    since 19-Feb-07

9 m 22 d

Dave,

I feel I have very little in common with you in the personal circumstances of our lives, excepting our previous association with JW's. Having said that, I care about you as a fellow human being and wish you the best. I think success in life, in all aspects, is about making good decisions and making the best of decisions already made. I hope you're able to clear any and all obstacles in your path.

Love and respect,

Nvr

IP: zmn/3BXt9yccYYjI
    avidbiblereaderRe: Re: For those who have been reading my posts

Post 1123 of 1822
    since 04-Dec-06

46 y 7 m 3 d

FYI, I was one of three that replied to you on that thread.

Well put nvr, I couldn't have said it better and was waiting for someone else to put it out there, feel the same.

abr

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

For every good thing you pull up, there is a negative one too.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I'm kinda shocked that somebody would actually have the balls to say that nvr is unkind and doesn't have empathy.....sheesh....nvr's like one of the nicest, most supportive guys on this board.

I mean sure, nvr can call people on their crap like the best of 'em, but he's always polite about it.

If I had to take an opposing position on any topic with any poster, it would be nvr that I would want it to be because at least when I got my ass handed to me he wouldn't make me feel bad about it. He'd be so nice about it that I'd prolly thank him for the ass wupping...LOL

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

My opinion on the matter is that lying is genetic to a large degree. Everyone is capable of lying, of that there is no doubt. However, some people virtually never tell a lie, while others lie constantly, not always about big things, but even about little unimportant things. I believe this has an evolutionary explanation. For example, in nature there are many examples of species that use deception when trying to acquire a resource or a mate for themselves. There are many great examples of how this works in nature I would recommend reading 'The Selfish Gene' for some very details cases of how this exact kind of survival mechanism is used in nature. Often times species will have some members that are honest in the fact that if they challenge another member to a fight they will go through with it, while others only bluff and never fight. If every member of the species always fought then one member if not both would be seriously hurt or killed limiting the growth of the species. If everyone bluffed then all it would take is for a mutant to arise that will always fight to win every battle and always get the best resources and mates, thus passing the lying gene. Therefore these genes tend to work out in mathematic relationships which allow for maximum growth of the species.

Think of it this way, if all humans were honest and no one ever lied all it would take would be for one mutant to arise who had the ability to deceive people and he could take advantage of anyone because no one would have any defences against this sort of attack. If everyone was a liar then we would not be able to have a stable society, because we would not be able to pass on reliable information that could be used to benefit others.

It could very well be argued that such a gene is no longer required in humans and perhaps one day we will be able to get rid of it. However, in the mean time it is best to remember that while most people can be trusted most of the time, everyone has the ability to lie and it should never surprise us when they do.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbkRe: Sometimes I feel unwanted

Post 2199 of 10850
    since 19-Feb-07

9 m 22 d

I have respect for you and validate your feelings.

Having said that, my personal, albeit rather direct, observation is that you could stand to lighten up a little and not take yourself, or anything else for that matter, so seriously.

We only get one shot at this life thing brother. Better start enjoying it!

If that makes me jaded or apathetic, so be it. I'm tired of investing in vain pursuits.

Open yourself up to the goodness in The Universe, and it shall find you.

Love you junction-guy!

Nvr

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks for all of your wonderful responses:

Oompa, Outlaw, Nvr, Purps, and all others who have written in. It is posters like you who keep this forum going. Thanks for your great responses.

and PS to Outlaw if you need some real dogs: My fellas would be happy to help you out! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u205/aomeara/IMG_2297.jpg

Call on us if you need us.

r.

• Sawyer
    Sawyer

altI lurv Outlaw! I'll be hiding on top of the saloon to help you out!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit