Lies on Line...I always thought JWD was a forum for Honesty

by restrangled 154 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

My son had ADHD as a child. So did my sister. We wished they would lie! They were so bluntly honest all the time it was embarrassing. I used to lie a lot as a kid. Mostly out of fear and self-preservation. We got no brownie points for telling the truth as kids. It was a beating either way, so might as well try to lie and get out of it! As soon as I got away from my parents, I stopped lying. Go figure.

There are lots of reasons people lie, fear, attention, low self-esteem, immaturity. I think when the reason goes away, the lying will often stop.

Cog

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

This thread seems to be very topical at the moment. Some thoughtful stuff in here.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    ..Me,seven006 and a few others were trying to figure out a poster named Danni..

Wow I remember this one !

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I lie- my avatar shows me to be the gorgeous Rachel Ray - I am not. I also show that I live in some location at the other side of the world - I dont etc

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

................and I am neither a Bee nor particularly Bizzy. Gawd! I hope that doesn't narrow it down so much that I've given away my true identity!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit