Lies on Line...I always thought JWD was a forum for Honesty

by restrangled 154 Replies latest jw friends

• Rooster
  • sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Wow that was profound Rooster, lol!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Too many bogus posters in too short of time.....I'm getting sick of this.

Try living the life of a moderator. It can be a weekly occurrance.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"I guess my opinion is biased in that I have a brother who has ADHD, and for any of you who know anything about the disorder, they often lie, ALOT."

Since I exhibit many of the symptoms of ADD, I've done quite a bit of research on ADD/ADHD, and this statement didn't line up with anything I remember from my research. To confirm, I checked google, searching "adhd symptoms" and did not find "lying" listed as a symptom or warning signal on any of the following sites:

Mayo clinic

CDC

http://www.adhdnews.com/adhd-symptoms.htm

Some children lie more than others, and some do it to the point that it is a clinical pathology, but I don't know of any link between adhd and lying.

To lie on this forum to all of these members is horrible and I am questioning why I am so honest here. Too many bogus posters in too short of time.....I'm getting sick of this. Restrangled

There has been no shortage of drama here over an alleged lie that appears to have been harmless in effect, given that no one here has claimed to have been injured as a result of the purported lie.

Lies here, and elsewhere in life, are more commonplace than many would like to believe. But the alleged lie at the bottom of all the drama in recent days is juicier as it involves allegations against a very popular poster.

Do people simply overlook the lies of posters who aren't popular? For example, just last week, "XJW4EVR" lied to this forum in a lame effort to attack my character. He claimed that I sent him a pm, and in that pm, challenged him to fight. I posted my own pm, which was my words only, in an effort to refute his lies, only to have my post edited because I posted a pm, albeit a pm that was authored by me. See http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/148209/2691005/post.ashx#2691005 for further details. I never at any time, implicitly, or explicitly, challenged "XJW4EVR" to a fight. His claims to the contrary are lies. Pure and simple. And his lies were communicated on this forum as part of a malicious effort to damage my reputation.

Which lie is worse; an alleged lie about one's personal career that in any event caused no harm to anyone other than the person who was accused of lying, or a lie like that communicated by XJW4EVR, a lie that was obviously devised with the malicious intention of damaging my reputation? Assuming Richie did lie, and I have no basis for believing that he did or didn't, a lie about one's personal background that doesn't harm anyone else is far less troubling than a lie made with a specific intent to defame someone else, such as XJW4EVR's claims that I challenged him to a fight.

So why is so much time spent on a harmless lie like the one Richie is accused of, yet no one even mentions a lie that was clearly communicated in an effort to inflict harm upon others? It's a matter of priorities, I guess.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Do people simply overlook the lies of posters who aren't popular? For example, just last week, "XJW4EVR" lied to this forum in a lame effort to attack my character. He claimed that I sent him a pm, and in that pm, challenged him to fight. I posted my own pm, which was my words only, in an effort to refute his lies, only to have my post edited because I posted a pm, albeit a pm that was authored by me. See http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/148209/2691005/post.ashx#2691005 for further details. I never at any time, implicitly, or explicitly, challenged "XJW4EVR" to a fight. His claims to the contrary are lies. Pure and simple. And his lies were communicated on this forum as part of a malicious effort to damage my reputation.

I think the difference is that everyone knows that XJW4EVR is a dolt, but most people accept that Richie can tie his laces without help from his cat.

I have been regularly lied about on this Board for years and have no issue with it all all. Who cares.

HS

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Restrangled:

I haven't read all the posts here but Avishai said:

OK, my turn to gripe. IT"S THE INTERNET!!! Not everyone is real, or honest,

I'm afraid he's right! Just look at how Trevor conned the majority of us re 'Linda'.

I, too, wear my heart on my sleeve here and may have given away more information than I should have. As this is a great, understanding place, that's easy to do - but there's lots about me out there on the internet in any case, so I'm not too bothered. I get more irritated by junk e-mails, but my spam filter gets rid of over 90%.

First thing to remember, people are people and while some are as lovingly steadfast as (some) family a number will err - and others will just be downright awful. Thankfully, the latter are in the minority here but one still has to be careful. I get my uplift because of the genuine posters.

Ian

• mouthy
    mouthy

I get my uplift because of the genuine posters.

Ian

Of which I consider your top of the list in my book(((((((HUG)))

• PEC
    PEC

I refuse to let a few bad apples (if they are) change my view of everyone.

Philip

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have been coming to these forums for many years..there have always been a few that aren't who they say they are...

They are very few in comparison to the truthful ones I have found.

I don't know how to handle ones who lie on the board..I guess I just have a hard time trusting them anymore.

I wouldn't condemn them tho..everyone makes a mistake now and then. Ritchie just wants to fit in and I guess that was his way of doing it. That must be why he became a tatoo groupie. He wanted to belong...like in the JW's..

I feel different towards someone that makes a persona up and that person doesn't exist..that to me is a deliberate hoax...using the people on the boards feelings for their own amusement...that makes me angry .

Snoozy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit