Would You date a black man or black woman?

by Save My Soul 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Thanks for the answers. It is sad when people who are NOT witnesses answer this way and God's chosen people appear to have a stronger preference. I have noticed in many white halls that I have had attended, many had very little exposure with people of other races.

I must admit it is cool when my wife tells me all of the racist things some of the elder's wives say about other races.

My stepgrandpa from Tennessee hates both blacks and gays. So if I were to date a black woman it would really cause a dilemma, I think the black woman would win out in the end.

Just curious on the WHY the hate. He hates blacks because _______________

• zeroday
    zeroday

I like my women the way I like my coffee strong and black...I was pretty well prejudiced as a JW go figure but I would have no problem dating a black woman...

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have no clue why. To be fair he is not even a Christian and has a distaste for organized religion too. He is a strong democrat and hates Bush and Reagan.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I must tell you, S M S, in the interest of fairness, that in some areas mixed-couples are very common amongst JW's.

For some reason, Baltimore, MD always had a high incidence.

I think you'd find the same in NYC and other metropolitan centers in the Northeast and Middle-Atlantic US.

Though JW's aren't as blind to color and race as they'd like to seem, I think they're no worse than any other cross-section of society.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    Though JW's aren't as blind to color and race as they'd like to seem, I think they're no worse than any other cross-section of society.

I agree. As a witness we were taught the wonderful pie in the sky, joy love peace goody goody..................

In GOD's Organization we are better!!!!

As a thinking adult we can see the wizard behind the cloak is a tiny man with little feet.

It is funny to really know the truth. The real truth. I just like to understand and analyze the WHY???

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

True. I remember when I was about 12 and our KH first integrated. I had no clue at all there were even Black bros and sisters in our small, southern town. We (white people) merged into "their" cong, because it was bigger and prettier. There were quite a few white bros and sisters who refused to sit beside their fellow "black bros." I thought it was ignorant, and I was happy as hell to have new friends. They would sit alone in the back of the hall...looking pretty damned stupid, as I recall.

The elders had to give several "talks" about it.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

It is amusing when I attended the College Board Diversity Conference in NYC one year. Talking to everyone there, I felt as if there are no race problems anywhere in corporate America. Everything is GREAT. Later that night, I could not get a cab. I had to have my wife get one alone, then run into the back seat.

Ahpuh (that was really his name, honest) was very upset.

I do not encounter these types of problems regularly, so it is surprising when I do.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I briefly dated a black man. He is a lawyer from Washington DC, stayed in the ritziest place Downtown, working on a case at a hospitol here. Co-workers hooked us up.

He would tell me how is parents would die if he ever brought a white woman home and I said I was sure mine would too.

We only went out about 5 times, and now I cant remember how we drifted away, but we did. We did not have Chemistry romantically, but I enjoyed his company very much.

My daughter has dated Black men. She is very attractd to them. What's difficult is when the rest of the family and friends is not accepting. My own sons are very prejudiced.

Not everyone has the same acceptance racially as the witnesses do.(something I liked about being a Witness btw) Not everyone are the characters played by Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburne in Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.

purps

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

absolutely

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

try www.bla

edited because I got some common sense

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit