Would You date a black man or black woman?

by Save My Soul 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

My sister-in-law is recently divorced and went to a witness online dating site. She mentioned that many of the witnesses specified that they wanted a white or latino ONLY. Of course there is nothing wrong with this (personal preference), but I found it interesting. Last week while at work, were were watching "The Tyra Banks Show". She had a group of teenagers interact in a community setting. An overweight girl from Iowa mentioned her family would disown her if she dated a black man. Again, an interesting observation.

I work in the Los Angeles area. Typical Diverse American city. I am a diversity advocate at my place of employment. (That just means I travel to conferences around the US a few times a year and help instill the virtues in my workplace)

So just curious, would you date a black man or woman? Please explain your answer as to the Why or why not. Your race does not matter because I know blacks that would not date within their race in Los Angeles.

Prior to marriage, I dated women from several races, witness and worldly. I took a trip to Louisiana just to find a creole / cajun woman.

I thought love was bigger than a religion (some pioneer I was).

I thought happiness was bigger than the WTBTS. My wife is a beautiful woman of mixed heritage. German, American Indian and black are the most dominant features from her heritage.

I was surprised that on the witness site, race was a dominant pre-requisite. I would think financial stability or even having a position in the org would be rated higher.

I am aware of the brother shortage in the org as well. I remember many women actually flirting with me when my wife would stay at home. I felt as if I was auditioning concubines at times. YES, it was that bad. (A black pioneer in South LA, with a great career job was very rare in the 80's)

Please be honest, there is no wrong answer. Your opinion and point of view and perspective are appreciated.

The WHY is the key!!!

• inkling
    inkling

Sure I would date a black woman, but only with my wife's permission.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

If I was single I would date anyone that had a beautiful heart regardless of appearance.\

The outside of somebody counts for very little in the real world .

Ability's , talents , passions , these make a person desirable. Attractiveness just gets our attention

http://www.soulconnection.net/index.html

• avishai
    avishai

Heck yeah!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Race, language, age, height, weight, income, etc. are limitations that keep wonderful connections from taking place.

Sure there must be attraction, chemistry.

But it's either there or not, regardless of one's "likes" and/or "dislikes".

Those that place alot of superficial limitations on their friendships and even romantic relationships are missing out.

IMO.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, absolutely, if the person was attractive to me and there was a connection. I personally think black folks are far more sexy than white folks in general.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I'm an equal opportunity dater. I've dated white, black, hispanic, mixed. I married a black man. Now I'm trying to find an Asian man. Skin color does not matter in the least to me.

Edited to add I haven't dated a black woman yet, but anything is possible.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

If I was single, I would prefer a woman of colour(any colour), except a Somali person. Muslims in full cover do nothing for me except want to avoid while driving. They have 0 periferal vision and have cut me off too many times. Could be the small amount of Spanish blood in me, but women of colour are very attractive and for the most part carry on an excellent conversation-better than most caucasians.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Those that place alot of superficial limitations on their friendships and even romantic relationships are missing out.

IMO.

Yes.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im attracted to white women and asian women, my biggest concern would not be their race, but if they are a christian.

So in that sense I could date a black woman, granted there could be a lot of flack from some of my family.

My stepgrandpa from Tennessee hates both blacks and gays. So if I were to date a black woman it would really cause a dilemma, I think the black woman would win out in the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit