Why Men Cannot Love

by freydi 185 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

'Life is what you make it.' , said whom? - As the bombs dropped from the sky!

• freydi
    freydi

I think it comes down to trust. Men can be trusted and thus loved. Women can be loved because trust is materially related. Men's love is at a deeper level, not based on materialism. This had to do with the story of Job. Satan contended that the reason Job loved God was because of materialism. He was wrong. Job's wife, another issue.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Women can be loved because trust is materially related.

Huh? What does that mean?

Men's love is at a deeper level, not based on materialism.

Yeah, right

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Since I have been away a long time, I sincerely don't know you - but you're questions and responses seem very odd to me.

Love, materialism, lack of love etc - that can't be written to gender.

Some people know how to love, some don't.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Regarding stillanexelder's comment about women looking for love and give sex to get it, men want sex and will give love to get it.... what a gross oversimplification of human emotions. Men can and do love, without sex being involved and vice versa. And I as a woman can confirm that we can love, without giving sex to get the love in the first place.

How do we account then, if sex and love are inter-related as such that when a spouse has a car accident and can no longer sexually function, where a previous sexlife existed, that the other spouse will stay, and love them just as much? Or how do we account for those who are in sexually unfufilling/disfunctional relationships yet stay because they love the individual they are with? Sex and love are two completely different issues and we as humans are all looking for the same things, acceptance, love and understanding. Gender has nothing to do with that.

I certainly don't equate sex with love. Far from it. Sex can be just sex or it can be more, depends on the person, the situation and if other feelings, beyond physical attraction/chemistry are present on both ends. For those men who seem to think women give it "up" to get something in return, I got a newsflash for you, we like sex just as much as you do, ain't it isn't because we so desperately want your love that we are willing to "do it" to gain love in return.

• freydi
    freydi

Why do men say they love women?

"You're beautiful." And why do women love men? "I love your car."

• R.F.
    R.F.

LOL!!

*Grabs popcorn and a beer*
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well my husband does say I'm beautiful (he did just this morning) but that's not why I love him (hey I'm not that vain nor do I think I'm beautiful to every man on the planet) and when I met my husband he didn't have a car or that much money (I had the car and the money guess that makes my hubby a girl ). Even after we married I was the main breadwinner for our family for the first seven years of our marriage. What drew me to him was his personality and how we just clicked and still do even though he is ill and can't do all the things we used to do. The love is still there.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

No...I love MY car!! FYI, I have supported a few men in my time. I'd much rather have my own materialisitic shit. Damn...sucked in anyway........

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    I love your car

LMAO

Ok, I may have said that on occasion, but only because my car is way cooler and better and all those poor men seem to be totally childish when it comes to their cars ... so I pity them and say "ahhh I love your car".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit