Why Men Cannot Love

by freydi 185 Replies latest jw friends

• freydi
    freydi

Or the car they think they're going to get. I've got a Cadillac. How bout you?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

There isn't a car in the world that will make me think better of any man.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why Men Cannot Love

I can. I choose not to any more. I love my birds, they love me, and I'm content with that.

W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Or the car they think they're going to get.

Maybe you've been running into too many materialistic beautiful women who need more flash than you can supply? Look for a more down to earth woman...they're out there. I've never been impressed with a car or the thought of getting that big flashy car cuz either it's an extention of something that ain't long enough, or it's a rental, or the fool really can't afford it. If I want the car I'll pay for it myself.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Right on Mrs Jones !!

Too many men have flashed their cars in front of me, for which they needed to get a loan ... or even worse : they get their identity from it. Blech. I like my man to have a sensible cheap Volkswagen or something.

• freydi
    freydi

Mine is paid for. I told you this was going to be a long thread.

• moshe
    moshe

A man will marry a woman who has little means of support and he will even raise and support her children, maybe even adopt them. I think that because of this that men are more noble minded than women- of course it has to do with character and many men are lacking in that. So yes, men can love.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    I told you this was going to be a long thread.

And you are so enjoying this, lol.

• DJK
    DJK
    Why do men say they love women?

"You're beautiful." And why do women love men? "I love your car."

Diagnosis; It's not about the car as much as it's about being used. I think mrsjones got it.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Hi Freyd,

So back to that age old question...

do you really think all women are so shallow so as not be able to love you unless they are getting something in return?

Well, in all relationships there is a give and take.

The only one where that giving and taking of love is slightly unbalanced, and is the relationship between child and parent.

Child needs more love, and parent's job is to provide lots of love and nurishment and comfort and education.

The joy is getting love in return from your child.

The ''payoff'' is seeing your child grow up into a well adjusted succesful adult.

In all romantic relationships, hetero and homosexual alike, there is a balance. A give and take.

When BOTH are giving 100% of themselves - their time, their emotional support, sharing of chores and open communication,

being considerate of one another's sexual and physical needs, - there is happiness and joy for both.

This is how relationships work. It's not about a payoff, it's about a sharing of thoughts, feelings and time, and resources.

I, myself, prefer to be in an equal relationship where we both contribute financially and we both share in the household chores.

That way, there is no ''bread-winner'' and there is no ''house-wife/house-husband''.

Some couples prefer those roles, and that's what makes them happy, more power to them.

The payoff is coming home and being with the person that makes your day, and gives you joy -

and knowing you do that for them too.

Hope that answers your question, my freyd friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit