are we inactive or what?

by inactive? 252 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inactive?
    inactive?

John Doe, when i said if she is a witness what is she doing here, i was merely repeating back the indication she made towards me and why i would be here if i was a witness,, as for being quick to attack those who did not believe my story, i was not quick to attack, as a matter of fact i was quiet upset over their attacks and tried to talk to them and find out why only to get hit with what they are calling Trevor-gate. If I have been attacking,, and i know i made some nasty remarks, once again i apologize.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    (by the way, i think it was OnTheWayOut that told me to bring this up in its own thread,, if i am wrong, i am sure i will be corrected sternly)

Not sternly, but wrong nonetheless.

It wasn't me.

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

hahaha @ rosalee.
    But it seems inactive you have been posting for the past 12 hours? go out and play tomorrow.
    this is a good place for advice but you need to take a breather and metabolize everything.

but really why would you stay?
    why does your husband CARE that if y'all left the elders WOULD POSSIBLY THINK in their little heads that you were giving up privileges!! Who cares?

This is going to sound straight out of a 90s R&B video but do they pay your bills?NO.(right?)
    so stand up for youself especially your husband!

this thread is addictive.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Inactive -- I know my name isn't "Snakes", but a lockdown is when a forum moderator disables further replies on a particular thread, because it is getting too personal and off-topic, or if it is beginning to violate the posting guidelines.

The moderators cannot monitor every thread. But sometimes when they see a thread spinning out of control, they'll pull the plug. It might happen once or twice a week. They do try to keep the forum somewhat safe and friendly, to the extent they are able.

• inactive?
    inactive?

I do appreciate you 4digitcode, you seem to have felt some of the same fear i feel now... yes i turned in my daughter like a good little JW (there is that phrase again) yes, it is said a lot in this circuit. and a lot of younger ones are what you call on here,, 'faders' and maybe that is what we are too. I do not know why young adults are 'fading out' but they are, including a lot of my daughters friends,, but like good little JW's (yeah, i know) they still do not talk to her.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I refrained for several pages, only coming back to clarify and apologize to Inactive? but
    I cannot hold my tongue (well, keyboard) anymore. I listed 6 possible reasons that this
    story could be true. I didn't judge Inactive? but said that the elders might feel that
    Inactive is crazy. Here was number one on my possible reasons, again.

1. Inactive is viewed as Crazy by the congregation elders.
    - they might be afraid to tell you things.
    - they act weird hoping you will go away and bother another congregation.
    - they allow you to clean the hall so you don't go "postal" on them.

I have to address that again.
    I could see a group of bi-polar, jealous insecure, inbred (cheap shot) elders
    being afraid to tell this woman anything. We try to say stuff and she fights back with
    vigor. That leads to them being afraid she will go "postal" on them.

If she and her family promised to always clean the hall, and refused to stop doing so,
    the elders that are afraid of Inactive? came to expect it.

I promised Inactive? I wouldn't try to call her out as a troll anymore, but I did not say I
    wouldn't point out that one of my hypothesis must be true, so I will stick with THE ELDERS
    THINK SHE'S CRAZY, they are afraid of her, hope that their weird treatment makes her go
    away, but allow her that one privilege to keep themselves safe.

How else do you explain how Inactive? gets inflamed at our theories and suggestions, but
    lets a whole congregation walk all over her like a doormatt? Honestly, folks- pay attention.

So I didn't stay away, why should Inactive? have all the fun?

• inactive?
    inactive?

Okay, thanks gopher, so if they 'pull the plug' do not take it personally right?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Honestly, folks- pay attention.

• inactive?
    inactive?

by the way, if they 'pull the plug' will i still be able to read this or will all be lost? i want to review the posts and think about things

• ChelseaScott
    ChelseaScott

Inactive,

What you have written here makes me very sad, angry and so very thankful I am no-longer associated with that religion. You and your husband have done nothing wrong. You sound like great, caring people. What baffles me is how they have treated you, shunned you and basically called you guys theives and you still believe in the religion. To me these people don't sound like faithful servents of any sort. If these are the types of people representing this religion, it makes me question how they can say they are the truth. They teach so much about being kind and forgiving and yet they have kicked you folks to the dirt and discarded you, when you have no reason to be ashamed, and have done nothing wrong. Your daughter has no reason to be ashamed, for she has done nothing wrong. She has chosen to live her life the way she wants, as we all do.

My adivce to you is to get out. If I were you, I would be questioning what sort of orgainzation I was in. You can lead a happy, faithful life without the religion (that goes for all religions) and certainly without being shunned and critizied! Whatever you do, don't stop talking to your daughter. I think that is probably the biggest mistake anyone can do. My dad has done that with my brother and myself and I know he will regret it one day. We have done nothing wrong, nor has your daughter.

So keep the faith, keep being a good person, I am sure whatever higher power is up there, they won't be upset with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit