are we inactive or what?

by inactive? 252 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

"I do not know why young adults are 'fading out' but they are,"

hmmm.
    i do feel you are pulling our leg inactive.
    sorry if you aren't but your reasoning is a bit strange to me or you're just putting those statements out there so we can all jump on them and say AHA! or be gullible and say pooryou boohoo...

i haven't called out troll but could this simply be a sad person's plea for attention...and repeating the good little witness comment ad nauseam for which you've been criticized.

there was a sister who was almost marked at the hall because she thought gossip was the way to make friends.That's how she kept the attention on her. May the people in your cong just see you as a dangerous person to be around..;a bit calculating and manipulative.(??)

Since we are putting out scenarios for your present situation, i don't think we should rule out the ones where you are the one being the cause of your own fate. That just would not be objective.

You have the anonimity of the internet.Be honest with ways in which you may have contributed or totally created that situation for yourself at the hall if that is the case. if help is what you truly want you may as well be honest.

i repeat:if that is the case.(just covering myself)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Even if someone (like Inactive) allowed an organization to walk all over them for a while, they could still reach a point where they say "that's it, no more!" I think the fact that she came here today could indicate that she's mentally reached that point.

So she comes to the Internet to gain some more information / ammo to help her escape from serving those men? If that's the case, more power to her!

• ChelseaScott
    ChelseaScott

I agree Gopher.

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

i'm with you NVRGNBK

those finishing statements are quite odd!as if in one day she goes from desperately wanting back IN but within a 24 hour period we will see a miraculous rebirth...a totally recovered EXJW when for the most of us it takes months if not years coming to terms with what we think, feel, say and how we act with regards to the religion.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    How does "a back-bone growing" throw you off?

It's not what she says.

It's how she says it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't understand all of Inactive's story, but I don't read from her early posts today that she "desperately wanted back in" to the organization.

Instead I read this from her (on the first page):

We want to remain servants of Jehovah, but I am afraid that is beginning to not nessasarily mean being a Jehovah Witness

Which I take to mean she's still a believer in the Bible's Jehovah, but not in the organization.

• inactive?
    inactive?

ChelseaScott,, the reason for the backbone remark, is many brought up 'why was i being a doormat' and ' used' and i was beginning to feel that way too, but could not say it,, we are not supposed to say that, and i began to think, maybe they are right.

4digitcode the reason i bring the 'faders' up now is i never noticed before, but now that things are happening to me, i began to notice things i did not before, the 'faders' was not really part of my thread, so i was trying to stick to the subject,, then thought well, i am 'fading' too,, and yes i am a sad little person pleading for attention and want someone to talk to me because i am having serious doubts and thought here i would find ones who have 'been there done that' so to speak and understand how hard this is for me to even think about walking away from something that is my whole life.. like my daughter did, oh and she is aware of what is happening to us and blames herself,, i know you gonna say maybe i helped that blame along a little... one pain at a time please.

• inactive?
    inactive?

That is true Gopher, I have been struggling with these feelings for a while, and no i did not miraculously go in one day from desperately wanting to be back in the organization to an ex JW.. what i said is I want to serve Jehovah, but am afraid it does not mean as a witness,, that is scaring me,, and from what i have read everyone is afraid and hurt when this starts, even those that stay in the organization. I am just trying to describe my feelings, and now that they are somewhat 'out' i guess that is a start one way or the other

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

inactive? .... the more you post the more I'm understanding the elders in your congregation.

• inactive?
    inactive?

Rosalee you have been nothing but argumentative with nothing constructive,, who died and made you elder?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit