are we inactive or what?

by inactive? 252 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hey, thank you Gopher, but I always prefer definitions that come from anyplace other than the WTS publications. If the pubs say black is 'dark' and white is 'light' - trust me - I'm going to look it up.

• inactive?
    inactive?

Well I really appreciate everyones input, and got some good insights, as well as just hard things to think about.. I am exhausted and must sleep, I feel better in some ways, but also have a horrible headache!!! Good night all, I appreciate.

• NanaR
    NanaR

inactive?

I seem to remember you saying something about not going to see your daughter but your daughter coming to see you. I also thought you said, about the man, "no Jehovah's Witnesses" or some such thing. I can't find the post and don't have any more time to look.

Anyway, this is what popped into my head this morning. If the man your daughter is living with is a known opposer of Jehovah's Witnesses or is a former JW (read apostate in their language), then perhaps the fact that you are maintaining any contact at all is the reason you are being treated in such a horrible fashion. It is even possible that what they know about him is something you DON'T know about him -- for example, if he was disfellowshipped in another congregation and then moved to where you are.

Guilt by association -- the Witnesses are famous for extending it WAY beyond its intended meaning.

Of course you must continue to help your daughter. God gave her to YOU and HE expects you to love her unconditionally.

And maybe I'm completely off base and out of the ball park, in which case ignore me.

Just my 2 cents and MHO,

Ruth

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    At first we tried to be good little JW's
    That's an interesting expression from a witness, hmm.

I don't find it strange that Inactive? used the word "JW." Or "good...JW." Perhaps the word "little" raised the red flag. I've personally used the term JW for decades.

• justhuman
    justhuman

NO WE ARE APOSTATES

• Xavier1
    Xavier1

I read your dramatic story. You need mercy from elders first, help and love. And they manifest only cotempt. They are only elder no shepherd, they dont like the God's flock. Pray God and do what He will and not what they will (JW).

Xavier

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, but here's my opinion:

As you've long been taught, "You will know you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves". Being a Witness has nothing to do with your love for God and serving him. But I understand that at this point in time, you just can't quit. You will have freedom to love God more and worship in the proper way once you have done some research and soul-searching. You will not lose favor with God for doing this (remember the Boreans?).

My suggestion would be that you read, "Crisis of Conscience", by Raymond Franz. Please come back and share your thoughts or questions with us on what you read.

• new boy
    new boy

Is it to late to post....did I miss the whole thing. To answer your question...

Yes! you are inactice.

NB

• Joker10
    Joker10

Hello.

I've been on this message board long enough to know that most people here want nothing more than for you to leave the Witnesses forever and lose all faith you may have for Jehovah. Never lose faith. Continue reading the Bible.

If you feel you have been falsly accused of doing something, you may be able to take legal action against these individuals for hurting you this way. Maybe the truth may come out this way?

Continue praying. And don't let anyone put your faith down. There's plenty of people outside this board who, i'm sure, would be on your side.

• vitty
    vitty

If you feel your daughter is being mistreated by her boyfriend, could you possibly have her live with you again ??

She may jump at the chance of getting away from him. As for her being DFed.........isnt her saftey more important than what the "loving" Elders will do ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit