are we inactive or what?

by inactive? 252 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eclipse
    eclipse

I was raised in it.

Was a witness for 27 years.

I am not disfellowshipped or dissasociated.

Just stopped going. Something felt very wrong.

I have learned that the things I used to believe were not true....

You will gradually see that this religion does not have the truth. Does not have the love that Jesus talked about.

The people are only interested in appearances and the organization is run by men, not God.

I have never read an account of such absolute animosity and prejudice from a body of elders towards non-sinning loyal members of the cong like yourselves, but your story of how you are treated is all too common.

Keep reading here and you will see that there are many many who have been treated with disdain and contempt.

Many are broken hearted and abandoned by their elders and their families. Treated like common criminals.

That has to tell you something!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I don't know what to say - it all seems very odd.

we continued cleaning the hall every Sunday after the 4 congregations finish meetings ( we do that to this day, and they are purposeley extra messy, but it is the only priveledge we have left)

I don't call cleaning up after a load of ignorant, unChristian idiots a ''PRIVELEDGE''? You are struggling to remain dedicated to the WATCHTOWER Society, and you probably believe (as you've been taught) that the Watchtower is GOD'S Society and your only Hope. Now think...would God condone this treatment?

I'd advise you to find out a little more about this man-made Organisation and here is a good place to start. Best Wishes, Midwich.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This is what I see.

I see a beautiful couple who have always lived by their principles. It is true that there's and inner beauty that no-one can steal from us. Principled, honorable people have that beauty. So I understand in a way why you cling to the activities that show you to be fine, upstanding people. Here's a few changes I would suggest, that would honor your choices but bring more happiness in to your life. No-one should tolerate the cruelty you have endured, no-one. The local elders will only get worse the nicer you are. They are embarrassed, and refuse to be proven wrong.

1. Change halls. Who cares if you live with a stain at the receiving hall? The new elders will watch your behavior and in the end make up their own minds about you. It might take a couple years, but I predict some of your priveledges will be restored. This is what happened with my Witness husband when he switched halls.

2. In the meantime, study and pray at home. If you must, use the bible alone. The two of you have proven your faith; don't let anyone take that from you.

3. Rebuild your relationship with your daughter regardless of what anyone might say. Ask her to come over for no other reason than to be with her mom and dad for a while. Love her and accept her. After all, what "reputation" do you have to lose? Release your mother's heart that Jehovah gave you, and just love her.

• DJK
    DJK
    In the meantime, slowly but surely, the shunning began. No one called, no one came over, no one would work in service with us, we were asked to sit in the back of the hall, my husbands priviledges were removed, then the 7th month, we were told our time would no longer be accepted, the next month they stopped giving us publications, and the next month were told we should go elsewhere.

This is extreme, I have never heard of this before. This may be the way they do it in this one KH. If I wanted to remain a JW I may move to another KH.

• inactive?
    inactive?

My daughter's story is long and complicated too. But the bottom line is she decided to move in with a guy. He is 15 years older than her. She was extremely distraught over my Dad dying. She was also getting some pressure from all her friends who were married and they had taken to taunting that she would never get a man. And, well it is difficult,,, dang, I do not want to open this can of worms... but my daughter is mentally challenged... and not exactly a 'barbie doll'. And, even tho there are a lot of nice brothers available, well there are a lot of mighty fine looking sisters to choose from. Yes we told her hold out for one who is interested in her not her 'barbiness' (personally i think she is really pretty, just a little awkward) See, i did not want to start this it sounds like i am putting down my daughter. I think the elders disfellowshipped her very quick. One judicial committe and 7 days later it is announced ( the night of her meeting with the elders we 'stepped down' as pioneer, also not by choice) She said she knew what she was doing. I feel this guy she is with is taking advantage of her. Her self esteem is shot. It varies on how often we see her. The guy will not let us over to his house ( no JW's) so we see her when she shows up. I have not seen her for a month. I convinced her to call every few days just to tell us she is alive. I know our story sounds off the wall, no one here believes it either. I just need some feedback and input.. by the way this is hapening in North America,, and I might as well tell you we live in Colorado Springs.

• oompa
    oompa
    Sweetstuff: First of all, what part of the world is this in? Cause this does not sound remotely like something you would see happen in North America at least,

As crazy as this is it can't be America......Canada?...maybe!........oompa

Edit...sorry, I posted this right after Sweetstuffs post

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think you are being punished for having an imperfect daughter. My heart goes to you, because I too, have a difficult child. Our children, they need us to be their biggest champions. Stand up for her make sure she knows she is loved and valued even if she makes poor choices sometimes.

Jhn 9:1-3 KJV And as [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man which was blind from [his] birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Sad to say, the Elders have been shown up for their true heart motive. The Holy Spirit has revealed their cruelty for everyone to see. Your daughter is a gift, because people's hearts are revealed by how they treat her.

• vitty
    vitty

I have heard of many sad cases where people have been let down by the organization, but this story really must be the strangest and hurtful. You really need to start researching the background and history of the Watchtower society. You may then see how and why this is happening.

There are many sites that are informative but I really liked listening to the taped stories of experiences on this site www.jwinfoline.com ( just click on this link )

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    As crazy as this is it can't be America......Canada?...maybe!........oompa

LOL, Oompa, don't think so, after all, we won't let you in right?

Inactive...please read thru the experiences on this board and ask yourself, who do you have more in common with, the brothers and sisters in your hall or the people here who have horrific stories like your own? Keep reading, hopefully your eyes will be opened.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Usually, this will not happen unless you are apostates. Disfellowshipped people are still encouraged to go to the meetings; in fact, that is one of the major steps toward reinstatement.

The suggestion is that, if they are going to treat you like an apostate, then maybe it's time to start acting like an apostate. Analyze the cost of staying, or attempting to stay, active in that religion versus the total benefit. Are you going to get any benefit, or are they going to keep leading you on in an attempt to get ever more out of you without letting you back? Once you answer that question honestly, you may well find yourself not wanting any further part of them. From there, this forum will help you to act like the apostate that they are treating you like.

As a bonus, they will be left with a filthy dirty Kingdumb Hell next time because you won't show up to clean it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit