are we inactive or what?

by inactive? 252 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inactive?
    inactive?

Thank you so much Ynot, your advice is quite helpful.. Sweet, no it is not unusual expression,, I am aware of what it is to be a good little JW.. it is an expression, heard others say it too, I mean it tho, we are trying to be good little JW's,, afraid we may have to find another way to be it,,

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    even if the answer is...oh I cannot even think it.

Sounds weird too.

Do you still think it's the "truth"?

Or have you had some doubts?

What about all the doctrines?

Ever seem hard to accept?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

inactive?

When you have asked the elders

why

• the shunning
    • no one called, no one came over, no one would work in service with us,
    • we were asked to sit in the back of the hall,
    • my husbands priviledges were removed
    • our time would no longer be accepted
    • they stopped giving us publications
    • we were told we should go elsewhere
    • they told us to stop writing out a time slip
    • they started locking up the literature so we would not 'steal' any
    • when they found out about a friend of mine 1200 miles away sending my literature, they wrote to her elders to stop it
    • are we in the way

and that

• we want to move away, but are afraid of what the elders may write to our new hall

WHAT DO THEY SAY?

• inactive?
    inactive?

ynot.. daughter moved in with a guy. we found out, turned her in. she did not want to repent, at the time we were all pioneers even tho daughter lived with another pioneer sister

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

inactive?: Others have posted good adivce (CO, then DO, then letter to headquarters; or, get out). Yet I am surprised that so many would find that the good advice - really the only things that can be done - will net a good result. If you really want to be "in", you will have to fight for it, and allow a little "righteous indignation" into your attitude.

You are being treated this way for one or both of two reasons: your daughter's behavior/situation (you are tainted because of her, and you are associating with her - certainly you know you must shun her now, she is DFed and actively pursuing an evil life - I'm sorry, but that's how they see it), and/or the elders dislike you.

Of course you are told not to try and remedy the situation by taking it over the elders' heads - this is how bureaucracies work. Of course most of your efforts will fall on deaf ears and you will be re-referred back down the chain of command back to the local congration - this is how bureaucracies work. Welcome to the land where the rubber meets the road, and the sweet theoretical light of God guiding his organization gets dim at this altitude.

Your story doesn't surprise me much, it matches in many ways watching my dad trying to stay and then get back in. He too was asked to voluntarily step down, he too was told not to take it to the higher-ups, he too spent a good five years (!) just trying to get an answer from someone other than "this has been referred back to the local congregation". Most of the interference he got was generated from an elder who personally did not like my dad.

What does sound ultra-fishy, even from my jaded viewpoint, is that you still have the priv of cleaning the hall? Without then encouraging your meeting attendance and without your attending that hall? That either doesn't add up, or your elders are truly the poster children for nuts.

Even with the various wierdness I have seen, the elders have always encouraged meeting attendance (not seeming from a desire to help people return to God, but rather as a way to dominate and control them, to "prove" you want to come back) - I have never seen, in my worst views of how DA and DF and others are treated, never seen anyone not being expected to crawl into meetings. Non-attendace always results in asking for keys, and removal of privs. Perhaps you are professional maintenance workers and they view your cleaning the hall as a business situation?

I also have never seen field slavery time rejected, not without charges of apostasy or other misconduct.

But, from what I have seen, I certainly can't say it hasn't happened to you. If you insist on this being the religion for you, then you must chalk it up to some serious personal grudges and keep working within the system (CO, DO, HQ) until you get resolution.

You will probably also have to choose between a relationship with your daughter and your membership in this organization.

Is it painful? Yes. My heart truly cries out at your pain and confusion.

Do you have the power to choose? Yes. Your own heart will tell you where your priorities should be. That's God's voice telling you what to do.

• marmot
    marmot

Sweetstuff, yeah that comment seemed a little off to me as well.

I've been fading for a good 5 months and I still have a mental hang-up over referring to the witnesses as "dubs" or "JWs" or other apostate-ese terminology.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt but something smells fishy.

• yknot
    yknot

Inactive?

My BOE hatred has been going on for nearly 30 years now. So, it can be done, though admittedly I am growing weary, hence my membership here. I take comfort in the fact that this and other things are not just a local problem.

On a larger scale, I am saddened to report that the WTS is becoming more and more friendly with the "world", this and other "corporate" behavior is on the rise. Even I am having to contemplate that they have rejected the one they claim to be serving.

Pray, sob, meditate on the Bible's counsel

God Bless

Y

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

dammmmmnnnnnn....

I know the whole trevving incident (aka Trevorgate) thing has put a chill on this board...but dammmmmnnnnn.

Can we take inactive? at face value unless proven otherwise? And dont go looking for a boogeyman (aka Trevor) where none existss.

What is the purpose of Jehovahs-Witness Discussion (JWD) Forum if not to help each other? NOTHING.

I realize that a lot of people...real people...were hurt by that fool in UK..presuming they really were there... but if we allow ourselves to become so callous that we cant at least extend an olive branch to the newbies until proven otherwise...then Simon may as well shut down the board... because all this place will become is a bunch of untrusting, uncaring, fluff filled, scaredy cats afraid to trust anyone .... I know, I know..... some of you got burned by the whole T-Gate thing.... other than a couple of posts of caring support, I did not have an emotional investment into the storyline. Some of you had a lot more invested...and though T was fake..yourfeelings were and are real.

Can we learn from Tgate but not be scarred for life? What happens if another poster turns out to be a scam? Do we turn tail and never help again? That is what some of you are doing...and quite frankly...its very JW of you! I dont give a rats ass if you like what I am saying or not. Look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if anyone should believe YOU...you who have been here a lot longer....what proof do we have that you are real? Who' is to say there are not a dozen posters all playing games with the rest of us?

I dont believe that to be the case. I believe that at least 95% of the regular posters here are for real. I have met some in person...very real..genuine people

Please take a more welcoming approach to the Newbies... and remember what Reagan said..."Trust...but verify." Be balanced...please

Snakes () ..or am I for real? peace out...

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Thank you snakes, i think that was needed.

Inactive, I sent you a PM.

BTW, I always tried to be a good little dub too, and I have heard that expression used by active JW's.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Maybe those of us that are asking additional questions are being sincere, snakes.

If something doesn't add up, it's ok to say so.

Has my advice been harsh?

I don't think so.

We're just pointing out phraseology being used that would be highly unusual coming from one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Please don't be so quick to be offended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit