Looking for anyone from the Ardmore, Oklahoma area.

by sooner7nc 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

honestly it dosent take much to beat olive garden......... its kinda like the fast food version of good italian...... i prefer carabbas..............mmmmmmmmmm damn now im hungry

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

How's everybody doing this evening? From what I gather, you folks are trying to get a real-life "aposta-fest" going on in OK. I am a newbie here, aposta-fest, I LOVE it!

• seawolf
    seawolf

man o man do I remember those assemblies at the Myriad! We'd always stay across the street at the Sheraton and I would have a *blast* there. I'd ride the elevators all evening and go through the underground concourses. I had a blast going there. First time was in 1988 then several times in the early and mid 1990s with the last time being 1998. 1998 SUCKED there so we left town early. But the early times there were a blast. The Sheraton was NEVER on the approved list but we stayed there anyway. I remember one year someone pulled the fire handle and we all had to evacuate the building down 14 flights of stairs. At night after the assembly we'd go all over town to the malls (Quail Springs Mall was really nice) and all the restaurants. I miss those fun times.

My only experience with Ardmore was we went there after the 1990 assembly and went to that Arbuckle Wilderness and enjoyed it. They rape you for the feed though. I could have had a whole KFC feast catered in for half the price of what they charged for a bucketfull of crap feed that looked drier than the Sahara during a 100-year drought. We were staying at a Holiday Inn there in Ardmore near 35 and Janet Jackson was staying there so that was cool.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Wow, this thread brings back memories.

I used to take my ex-wife to the Myriad (early to mid-90's). I was the un-believing mate, so I would do pretty much what I wanted. I walked round and round through the halls, went outside, anything to beat the boredom. It was great though to go to OKC for the weekend, but the assemblies were pretty much un-bearable.

The last time I went, an elderly Witness lady tripped and fell while walking down the steps on the upper level. She hit her head really hard on one of the concrete landings. I remember feeling really sorry for her and couldn't help thinking if she would have only stayed at home instead of coming to the stupid assembly, she would have been much better off.

pseudo

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

anyone ever eat at molly murphys in okc..... was by all the approved hotels.... always had those fools standing outside in costume?

they get you inside and try their darndest to make an ass out of you?

fortunately for me i went with a group of fools................. i think they embarassed the employees lol.

it closed down at least 8 years ago................. but i think there were other branches around

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos
    anyone ever eat at molly murphys in okc

Yeah, I took the family there once. It was entertaining. They really did try to embarrass us. We had never been there and didn't know what to expect.

The most shocking thing was the bill for a family of four. It's not the place to go when you're on a tight budget.

pseudo

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

anyone ever eat at molly murphys in okc..... was by all the approved hotels.... always had those fools standing outside in costume?

they get you inside and try their darndest to make an ass out of you?

Me: (tap, tap, tap on the waiter's arm) Um, where's the bathroom?

Waiter: You have to go to the bathroom?

Me: Yes

Waiter: Okay. (screaming) DOES ANYONE ELSE NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM? THIS GUY"S GOTTA GO - did you need to go number 1 or number 2?

Me: Number 1

Waiter: THIS GUY"S GOTTA GO PEE-PEE, DOES ANYONE ELSE IN THE RESTAURANT GOTTA TAKE A PEE LIKE THIS GUY? I KNOW LET'S MAKE A POTTY TRAIN! POTTY TRAIN, POTTY TRAIN (waiter makes a circuit of the whole restaurant) WE"RE TAKING THESE PEOPLE TO THE BATHROOM, DOES ANYONE ELSE NEED TO PEE?

You finally get to the bathroom and there was about 5 gallons of ice in the urinal.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

for sure........... i got a damn appetizer......... 7 bucks for a huge a$$ plate of nachoes lol. glad there were free refills......... i drank prolly 2 gallons of iced tea

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

You're complaining about $7 for a plate of nachos? With all the "gay, high drama" that Molly's had to offer as a floor show? It was a bargain.

The best place for Italian in OKC right now, hands down, is Primo's. Don't go to the one in Yukon:as Yogi Berra once said, "No one goes there because it's always crowded." Or you can go, just expect a wait. There are two others: one on I-240 and Western, and one on I-40 near Tinker AFB.

Get the Chicken Piccatta. Also get the Spinach Dip with the bread sticks. The cognac steak medallions are good too.

Gawd, now I am getting SOOOOOO hungry!

• horrible life
    horrible life

CaptainSchmideo and Seawolf, Are either of you still here in OK? PM me if you like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit