Looking for anyone from the Ardmore, Oklahoma area.

by sooner7nc 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• horrible life
    horrible life

That WAS ME.

Do you remember when they covered the mirrors with paper, so you wouldn't primp?

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

You're right HL..bet there are lots of diversions downtown now. Hell, just about anything was a diversion to me at that time! About the only real entertainment at the whole damn convention was the dramas. I'm talkin about the ones where they had the full-on dress up action. Hated those "modern day" dramas, what a rip-off! Sometimes they would scare you into thinking it was a modern day drama by starting it up with the modern dress...then they would always have a "flash back" to biblical times. The dramas that were crap were the ones that never gave you the "flash back" payoff! I would wait through the whole thing for some dude in a beard and toga to come out...but alas. AHhhhh memories! You guys are great!

• erynw
    erynw
    Do you remember when they covered the mirrors with paper, so you wouldn't primp?

Yeah, and 14 sisters were crowded around a compact mirror. I got dunked at the myriad, wheeeeeeeee

• horrible life
    horrible life

I can't remember if you could make a complete circle at the myriad. You couldn't at the Civic Center in Tulsa. You reached a point, where you had to turn around, So close, and yet so far. LOL

• erynw
    erynw

The last drama I remember at the Myriad was the 10 plagues. They flashed the lights off and on to simulate lightening. I thought that part was pretty cool.

• erynw
    erynw

I think you could make a complete circle, but they had it roped off. Damn, it's been 24 years, I hope I'm remembering this right.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Do you all remember a beautiful young teenager, who used to walk home from school, at the age of about 12, Using her time wisely, and witnessing to her friend. She was able to start 2 bible studies. The mother of one of the girls. investigated further, when a Witness called at her door. She had read, and helped her daughter prepare for her bible study.

WELL, The whole family came on the stage, all 6 children, and mother. AND, of course, mom had brought a couple of others into the "TRUTH".

All because of this wonderful 12 year old. THAT was ME!!!! OK, throw stones at me. It is my fault. I'm sorry. I don't know how many lives I ruined. The mom pioneered for years and years. I think I am going to be sick. Please don't hate me.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I was always a fat kid. When I turned 15, I turned from a grubby worm, to a butterfly. I stayed that way for several years. Had a lapse, then my wings perked up again. But alas,

I was flying around, got married again, and BAM. That butterfly, is back to the grubby worm stage.

• erynw
    erynw

My bible study teacher told our story at a circuit assembly of how I came to study with her and come into the troof, and how I was now full time pioneering.

This was at the civic center. Probably 1982 or 1983

• horrible life
    horrible life

You stayed in longer than I did. I kinda got "stumbled" haha, that is a nice way of putting it, and had to leave town, and do a fade. If not, I would probably still be in. Scary.

If I would have stayed another year or two, I would probably know you, or alot of your friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit