Looking for anyone from the Ardmore, Oklahoma area.

by sooner7nc 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• eclipse
    eclipse
    hitting us on the head with a houseshoe, and hollering false prophet

lmao! hahahaha, sorry to laugh at you kids getting hit, but that was funny!

• erynw
    erynw

We had Langston, Crescent (Where Karen Silkwood died), and Cashion in our territory. I loooooved rural territory.

I've been through Mustang.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

ahhh the myriad gardens................. cant say ill miss that place. ive spent so damn much time across the street watching the brothers and sisters cars i should have skin cancer for sure........... that hot july heat... damn

• erynw
    erynw
    ahhh the myriad gardens................. cant say ill miss that place. ive spent so damn much time across the street watching the brothers and sisters cars i should have skin cancer for sure........... that hot july heat... damn

I thought parking at the myriad was underground, or used to be way back when. Or am I thinking of the Civic Center for CAs?

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

anyone remember when, after the okc bombing, the rooms that we had reserved months in advance were not gonna be available since all those government investigators were now taking up virtually all the rooms there.

what are they gonna do......... check out so we can be indoctrinated?

i know so many people who were pissed because they had booked the best places early.......... then had to settle for a crappy place................ apparetly they didnt give a hoot about those who died in the bombing.

guess their thoughts were most of them were gonna die in armagedon anyways........ idiots

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

WTH? I leave the board for a couple of hours and the Okies start crawling out of the wood work. Where have you guys been? The question was asked if anyone was from Ardmore from the 70's to the 90's. My question back is why would anyone live in Ardmore for that long?

But to answer the question, no I am not from that area. I'm from Moore and now live in Okc, sadly.

Eagle

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

I'll bet that I know some of you folks! Okie here...first time at JWD, my cousin told me about this forum. I joined immediately kinda neat...I feel right at home here.

• BIG D
    BIG D

welcome dub.........big d

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

lol myriad DOES have underground parking.................. wanna guess who gets first dibbs on those rare parking tickets? people with parts and a few are saved for handicapped folks. back when i was there you had pinkish ones for above ground and brownish ones for under the facility........ so either you parked down the street in the parking garages or right there in the above ground lots.

one summer my dad was the assistant to the person over parking............ i got to drive around....... the underground part lol............ no sunburn that year.

anyone see the red light on the stage.................. child abuction alert....... run for the doors............ oops false alarm......... kid is sleeping from boredom or is running around the hallway.

ever carry one of those damn signs telling the people walking the hall.........

PLEASE BE SEATED

hell no its to boreing to subject yourself to that........ so walk around and look for hotties

or if you want to pretend your more spiritual and wouldnt resort to such things............ get a job in security and then they give you the nice attendant badges so you can stand there looking all offical............. and check out the hotties..................

end result........... your bored as hell same as everyone else

i belive it was at the myriad gardens that some old annointed bastard said a 10 minute prayer........... on sunday............ afternoon..................... if i had a gun with me........... id send him to heaven lol

EVERYONE was itching to leave......... but its a dfing offense if you leave whilst the annointed prayed right?

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

Thanks for the welcome BigD....I remember the Myriad well! Although I really wanted to stay seated to get the latest "meat" from the society...most of the time, I was out in the walkways chasing the "corridor cuties" lol.

At one convention, this must have been 87-88, we (meaning myself and other less than compliant JW associates) raised so much hell at the Skirvin Plaza Hotel, (anybody remember that?) they had a "special talk" the next day concerning our previous nights activities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit