Looking for anyone from the Ardmore, Oklahoma area.

by sooner7nc 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• horrible life
    horrible life

Are you who bem was digging up?

• horrible life
    horrible life

I haven't seen you post here in ages cowboy. I hope you are dorothys friend, and she knows how to get ahold of you. We got enough people to fill up a good sized table.

I'm getting hungry!! and tired. I'm turning in/

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Well, she dug me up, anyway

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

HL

Yes I am from the OKC area originally. Most of my family still lives there.

Just reading some of these posts really brings the memories back...I'll try to visit here often.

• okiesooner1966
    okiesooner1966

DublDipd,

I was at the Skirvin that night I showed up late to the party I was not implicated, people were puking in trash cans and so on. The myriad has underground tunnels that used to go over to resturaunts, used to hang out there for a few hours during assembly.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Holy Crap!

If I'd have known that there were this many crazy Sooners on this site before, I would have joined and posted sooner (pun intended).

Hi everybody! I was dunked at the 88' DC and I remember being mightily hung-over the next day, and dosing off and drooling all over my powder blue pimp suit, because me and all the rest of the young "Ardmoreites" sat in the nosebleeds with some hot pioneer sisters from OKC. I wasn't drooling because of the girls necessarily, but it was because I had been up till God knows when, and as you will remember, the temperature at the "cool" seats was anything but. Were any of you ever at the motels out around Meridian and Reno?

Does anyone know Big Lena from Midwest City?

sooner7nc

I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die I'm Sooner dead. Go Sooners!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Cowboy I'm glad Bem knows how to get a hold of you. Why don't you pop in a little bit more often?

Dbldipd I see you are in Oregon now. But I know, your heart still belongs in Oklahoma. Mine too. I was raised in Tulsa, went to college in OKC. Now I am in SE rural Oklahoma. I am stuck. At least I get to go the the home OU games. We have posters from Oregon also.

Dbldipd Okiesooner1966 sooner7nc

All around the world, the exJW's have get togethers, to not bash JW's, but get together, to be a family, of understanding comrades. I have been to a couple, and had a wonderful time. Not much is ever said about JW's. I asked this forum, one time, why we feel the need to meet up. My husband really wanted to know. JW's are such a part of our history. Unlike changing from one church to another. With the shunning policies etc,.. It is very personal. To be able to meet up, with others who have been through the same things, it is awesome.

The last get together I went to, had, "older", middle aged, young, kids galore, around a pool, boiling crawfish, and tators. There were tattoos, dread locks, business men, housewives. We were family. And Welcome

• horrible life
    horrible life

Okiesooner1966, I missed the Skirvin. You bad, bad boys!!! I do remember the tunnels. I got me some sugars in one of those tunnels. But they patrolled them pretty heavy. OKC has really changed. But as one poster said, don't think they have assembles there anymore. I was a good girl. Now, I can see me skipping. But I am alot more adventurous.

And Welcome to you also. GO SOONERS BOOMER SOONER #5 IN THE NATION

• horrible life
    horrible life

sooner7nc

If I'd have known that there were this many crazy Sooners on this site before, I would have joined and posted sooner (pun intended).

Hi everybody! I was dunked at the 88' DC and I remember being mightily hung-over the next day, and dosing off and drooling all over my powder blue pimp suit, because me and all the rest of the young "Ardmoreites" sat in the nosebleeds with some hot pioneer sisters from OKC. I wasn't drooling because of the girls necessarily, but it was because I had been up till God knows when, and as you will remember, the temperature at the "cool" seats was anything but. Were any of you ever at the motels out around Meridian and Reno?

WELCOME sooner7nc

I'm a girl. My parents, and friends parents, didn't allow us, to sit up there. But I watched in the binoculars. Also, I was usually in the press box, watching all you guys. It was air conditioned, and had comfy seats.

As, I was from Tulsa, family had to stay in motels around Reno area. But alas, again, I was with parents. I missed out on all of the fun!!!! All of those motels are old and run down now.

Welcome to JWD. You need to stay awhile. Learn, heal and come to a get together. There are lots of Texas exJW's. They have a get together about 2 times a year. I crash their parties. They are pretty cool. Even though they root for the "other" team. I have 3 season tickets to OU football. Had to find a buyer for this Saturday. We decided not to go. The game isn't until 7:00pm. I live in SE OK. now. Just too late of a game. I'm getting too old!! LOL Where in Texas do you live? PM me if you want answer there instead. Top left corner, click inbox, to send a PM (private message)

BOOMER SOONER

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I've been tryin' to find about my old Jw boss in OKC for the longest time. I suspect he left Jw's for good sometime back - but I can't locate him.

HInt: He ran the Trim-Line outfit in OKC for many years.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit