Jehovah's Witness here.

by nimzo 177 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    Nah, my religion is fine. I done a lot of research on my religion, long with looking up old WatchTower articles. I find nothing wrong with it, and I know how many times those apostate websites misquoted the WatchTower articles.. So if anyone is misleading, its them. So like I said, Don't anyone tell me what I need to know, because I know it all already

these so called "apostate" websites you speak of often resort to useing DIRECT SCANS of the publications in question so that IDIOTS are forced to consider............ if this is a picture of the actual publications....... then it HAS TO BE WHAT THE SOCIETY PUBLISHED.

your religion is built upon the blood of thousands of innocents. its easy to look at how they do things and see what their true goals are.

those goals are not to help people come to worship god. all you have to do is look at the flock book and how the instructions there are designed for them NOT TO BE SUED. then they give updates to be written by hand so they can be denied as comeing from them

they take pedophiles and remove them from service in their congregations for a while and do not allow the person who was molested to go to the police........... but later on........... if that molester moves from cong to cong and the elders want to use him............... they write to his old cong and make them DESTROY HIS RECORDS........ why would they do that? because WHEN he does it again the courts could serve papers and take those records to prove that the religon knew about his being a molester and thus get SUED.

a religion should be concerned about helping people........... not about their finacials.

unfortunately your entirely to brainwashed to comprehend that. you probably think that since your cult materials are given out freely for a donation in this country that shows they are not out for the money.......... do you know that in other third world countries theys till SELL the publications. the only reason they arent doing that here is the fact they have to pretend to be a noprofit religous org.

you jump on people for avoiding answering your questions........ yet your doing the same thing when asked questions.

just shows your a TYPICAL JW HYPOCRIT

its ok tho....... we welcome people like you...... because at one time or another we were all people like you.

in fact some of us are a hell of alot smarter and did a hell of a lot more than you are doing. some of us were dfed for doing something "wrong" according to jw doctrine but by and far most of us see the hypocracy and leave her before we have to share in her sins.

all you can do is quote the wt.......... problem with that is....... crap in equals crap out

• startingover
    startingover

So this JW comes to an apostate site and starts a thread, being very antagonistic the whole time. And yet, he/she is dealt with, time is taken to in an attempt to answer questions by these evil apostates.

What do you think would happen if an apostate started a thread on a JW site with that attitude? If nothing else, threads like this make me so happy I am no longer involved with a mind control cult.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Startingover, the difference is the "apostates" care about helping others to see truth on their own volition.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

What do you think would happen if an apostate started a thread on a JW site with that attitude? If nothing else, threads like this make me so happy I am no longer involved with a mind control cult.

Agreed. We'd be tossed out on our ears with the first posting, which is why I feel no need to try to answer questions posed by OP's such as this one. I just like to get their goat, weeeeeeeeee.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Wow, if only if I could show you my collection of WTs articles and all the misquoted information I found. Yikes! :D

So he knows?

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Hey Nizmo,

Sorry I missed out on the lively discussion, I was having sex (outside of marriage, oh the horror), celebrating the Red Sox victory!!!

Debate this one for me, tuff guy. I don't believe the Bible is more inspired than any other book, including Mary Poppins or any other children's book. Prove to me WITHOUT using the Bible, or any "religious scholar's opinion" that the Bible came from "God" or some "divine being"...

I'll be living life again now, and waiting for you to prove that one. After you answer that... I recommend you go read the book "Millions Now Living Will Never Die", that sure was a doozy. Or perhaps go back and read some of the Studies in the Scriptures of your founder, "Crazy" Russell? Or better yet, just go take some measurements of an old local building, then apply those measurements towards events in the Bible. Or perhaps you'd like to speculate on how to apply the number 144,000 or 1914 or certain number of days in the Bible???

Also why is it that some of the Bible you are told to read and follow LITERALLY, yet the other part is "open for interpretation and man made rules"??? If so, again I will tell you that the book of Revelation was inspired by writer's doing hallucenagenic drugs, much like the hippies of the 60's, and early Chinese opium dens.

Why don't you go study for the meeting, using your new Watchtower. Or perhaps you should catch up on your reading, have you read your 2 chapters of the Bible today??? Have you prayed enough to your great sky god? Or perhaps, since you follow the Bible, have you made any burnt offerings? Perhaps stoned a person? Have you prostrated yourself today? Have you washed to the elbows? If you eat meat, do you ensure it is properly bled? Meaning no "juices"???

Well, I'm off to have some BBQ and enjoy my day, and I'll say a little thank you to myself, for not believing in crazy claims of religion anymore.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

How much ya wanna bet he is busy right now turning someone into the elder's for an infraction of some sort to ease his guilty little mind for being on this site? Yet, not telling them he was here, LMAO!

• delilah
    delilah
    I'm about to leave, so I'll just say this. You guys should try to do research on your own, without the help of anti-jws website or information. Theres two sites of the story, and you cannot believe one side without hearing the other side.

Sadly, Nimrod only sees, his/her side of the JW story, and refuses to take off the blinders. He/she cannot take their own advice, but in typical J-dub fashion, can sure dish it out.

Our friend Nimrod comes here to stir the pot, make fun of us, talk down at us, with his/her condescending talk, and self righteous attitudes, all characteristic of the JW personality.

I sure don't miss the atmosphere at the kindumb hell....their so-called, "AGAPE" love....they don't have a clue.

• changeling
    changeling

My, my, my...If this thread does not prove that religion is a divisive, destructive influence on mankind, I don't know what does!

If we all put aside this nonsence and not worried about who's god or who's teachings were the best we could all get to know each other on a deeper more significant level. We might even be friends. How sad that religion divides us like this.

changeling

• feenx
    feenx

Nizmo: I can understand how it may appear that "apostate's" are "weird." Regardless of whether who's right and who's wrong, JW look at everything throughout everyday life and the future through a certain view. Essentially they look at life through a pair of sunglasses. When anyone sees another person take that pair off sunglasses off, hence displaying different behavior, it would seem weird. That in and of itself has nothing to do with doctrine, the bible, beliefs or what's right and what's not. JW's are a very tight knit, inclusive organization. So when anyone breaks from that their head is spinning. Tomorrow marks 5 years since I've been out and I still have certain mental reflexes when presented with something. Also, I find it inaccurate to group all such "apostates" into a single grouping like that. Keep in mind that ALL one has to do within the organization to be labeled to an apostate is to think against what the WTBS teaches. This does not mean that they are automatically spreading "false teachings" or trying to sway anyone. Simply put, if they stop and ask "is this right?" they can be labeled as an apostate. This is a direct mandate from the WTBS, as stated in various Watchtowers: "As mentioned in paragraph two, page 17 of the August 1, 1980, Watchtower, "The word 'apostasy' comes from a Greek term that means "a standing away from,' 'a falling away, defection,' 'rebellion, abandonement.' Therefore, if a baptized Christian abandons the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave [the 144,000, as represented by the Govening Body of Jehovah's Witnesses][20], and persists in believing other doctrines despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostatizing. Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking. However, if, after such extended efforts have been put forth to readjust his thinking, he continues to believe the apostate ideas and rejects what he has been provided through the 'slave class' then appropriate judicial action should be taken. [21]." Notice that it says if they abandon the teachings as shown through the GB. So essentially if someone comes across a teaching, doctrine or practice say perhaps through their own personal study that does not make sense with what is provided through the WTBS and questions it, they are technically an apostate. That is quite a broad definition to label apostates in general as "weird." In fact technically the billions of other people in the world who are not baptized JW's technically are apostates. So again, I don't automatically think what you are characterizing as "weird" or "dillusional" has anything to do with being an "apostate." It simply means they have taken off their JW sunglasses and you are still looking at the world through those glasses. ALSO, Scotsmen: Curious as to what changes you know about that are coming down the pipe??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit