Jehovah's Witness here.

by nimzo 177 Replies latest jw friends

• nimzo
    nimzo

I have a question about my religion. When people turn apostate, why do they seem kinda... weird. They turn back to false teachings and their bible knowledge even proves that.

• nimzo
    nimzo

I always try to discuss the trinity with people (like apostates) but they always lose! Don't show me your apostate misquotes because I know all of what you guys know, and what you guys misquote!

• Jourles
    Jourles

I'm an apostate and I don't believe in the Trinity. Maybe you have the wrong definition of "apostacy" in mind...

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Hi, welcome to the board. What do you mean by weird? One more thing, I have notice that the ones who "turn apostate" and still believe in the bible ( I don't any more ) do not know much about it, most of what they know is filtered trough their religion, the WT is one of the best to filter information. BTW I was raised in the JW.

• nimzo
    nimzo

When I say weird, I mean delusional.

• nimzo
    nimzo

I don't Jourles.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Welcome to the board nimzo

I'm apostate and I don't believe in the trinity either, many of us don't.

May I ask what led you here? Just curious...

• penny2
    penny2

Hi nimzo, welcome to JWD. Have you grown up as a Jehovah's Witness? Usually what we've grown up with sounds normal to us. Anything else will sound unfamiliar or strange. That's why people usually stay with the religion of their family.

Many of us who leave don't take on the beliefs of any other religion.

I am one of those - and I agree, most "religious" arguments sound ridiculous (to me at least, but I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion).

• Jourles
    Jourles
    When people turn apostate, why do they seem kinda... weird.

You mean, normal? No religious crazy eyed look? Maybe it's just due to the fact that you're used to seeing fake smiles and feeling conditional love at the kh. Once people leave that situation, they are free to be themselves. I know that's a hard concept for you to wrap your head around, but that's just the way it is. Did you ever think that people looking in from the "world" feel that you're the weird ones?

• nimzo
    nimzo

Internet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit