Jehovah's Witness here.

by nimzo 177 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    You guys should try to do research on your own, without the help of anti-jws website or information.

I did that, using the bible and the watchtower's own literature. That alone is enough to expose the watchtower as a lying, whorish cult. The fact that they defend child molesters seals the deal. They are more disgusting than rancid vomit.

W

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I'm about to leave, so I'll just say this. You guys should try to do research on your own, without the help of anti-jws website or information. Theres two sites of the story, and you cannot believe one side without hearing the other side.

Hey nimzo,

Been there done that! You are preaching to the choir on this one pal, researching this religion is what lead all of us out of it. Most if not all of us here were either raised in this cult or were cult members for a long time before we woke up and saw the "truth" was really a lie! I don't think there is anything you could show any of us that would make us change our minds about the JW's.

It seems as though you are the one that is doubting his/her decision to be a JW.

nj

• Gerard
    Gerard
    You guys should try to do research on your own, without the help of anti-jws website or information. Theres two sites of the story, and you cannot believe one side without hearing the other side. Wow, if only if I could show you my collection of WTs articles and all the misquoted information I found. Yikes! :D

You will never achieve anything near 'research' if you rely only on Watchtower magazines:

*** Awake! October 22, 1973 p. 6 Examine the Evidence ***

Reasonable persons agree that the only fair method is to examine the evidence on both sides, both for and against a disputed theory. That is how one arrives at the truth.

*** Awake! November 22, 1984 p.3-4 An Open or a Closed Mind—Which Do You Have? ***

An Open or a Closed Mind—Which Do You Have?

[…]

What Is an Open Mind?

An open mind is free from the fetters of prejudice, which by one dictionary is defined as follows: "A judgment or opinion, favorable or unfavorable, formed beforehand or without due examination; a mental decision based on other grounds than reason or justice; especially, a premature or adversely biased opinion."

A necessary part of life is that we make decisions and reach judgments. But decisions made "without due examination" or judgments reached "on other grounds than reason or justice" are evidences of a closed mind.

Having an open mind, on the other hand, means to be receptive to new information and ideas. It means being willing to examine and to evaluate information without a biased attitude. By retaining what is worthwhile and rejecting what is worthless, we can reach definite conclusions on a solid basis and still leave our minds open to further revision should additional information become available at a future time. He who feels he has learned it all can be sure that this attitude will prevent him from ever learning more.

Why People Have Closed Minds

A closed mind may indicate lack of knowledge. We may know so little about a subject, or have information so distorted or incomplete, that the facts necessary to reach proper conclusions are missing.

But if you are still afraid of other sources here's a good start point:

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/category/watchtower_quotes

Stick around for some thinking and sharing.

• DJK
    DJK
    fifi40 I just watched the Red Sox win the world series.. I must release my anger on someone.

Now I understand why I feel ignored....I'm a Bostonian!!!! Yaaaa Red Sox...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Lest I be accused of editing, I will just post complete quotes. Okay, nimzo?

(Deuteronomy 18:20-22) — However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him."
    Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand! p. 120, par. 3There were, however, other associates of the anointed Christians who later became most zealous in the preaching work. They had no aspirations of going to heaven. Indeed, their hope was in line with the title of a public talk featured by Jehovah’s people from 1918 to 1922. Originally, this was “The World Has Ended—Millions Now Living Will Never Die.”

Acting as God's spokespeople—the people for his name, the ones supposedly chosen by Jesus himself in 1919—the movement that later became the religion known as Jehovah's Witnesses more than tripled in size due to a publicity campaign centered around an absurdly false hope. Millions living in 1918 did not have the hope of never dying. Almost all of them are dead. And, of course, the world had not ended.

False prophets don't become true ones, nimzo. You have been duped. (Matthew 7:15-20) According to Deuteronomy, the fruitage born by false prophets is messages delivered in God's name that do not come true. Or do you not believe the Bible?

—AuldSoul

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

i left jws when the internet was just a gleam in al gore's eye..i suspect this letter was started by a troll...

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I just wanted to point out an important point.

nimzo never replied to my post, and made a point to say that he wasn't going to.

If there is one common trait amongst those who are JWs that come on this board to debate and do apologetics for the Watchtower it is that they will never debate Watchtower policies. They stay totally clear from it.

Instead they will stir up some discussion about 607, the trinity, hellfire, or any theologicial discussion. They openly refuse to ever engage in discussion about the organizations policies. Policies that show that their organization is more concerned about keepings its power and influence rather than searching for "truth".

Usually they come onto sites like this just to prove to themselves 'yeah, those apostates are all confused'. They see everybody discussing different things in regards to theology and then make their own conclusions from there.

nimzo, if you are truly interested in talking about the Watchtower lets talk policy. Lets talk about the two witness rule, disfellowshipping, womens rights, the oligarchy at Bethel and more....

• fifi40
    fifi40

Nizmo..........just felt like wasting a couple of hours on here cus he was wound up by the Red Sox........I dont think he is really interested in what anyone has to say........happy to settle for his hand me down comfy blanket of false teaching......

But he cant be all that convinced either, otherwise you wouldnt catch him lurking around these apostate infested places......

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

There are Scriptures to support a Trinity doctrine ... that is, at least such Scriptures exist.

There are no Scriptures to support the barriers they make people climb over in order to become baptized as a Christian. And when they finally climb over all the barriers, they find out that they aren't baptized as Christians at all! They have to publicly acknowledge that they are baptized into a specific religion, the one last step before being baptized is to adopt a fleshly organization that stands in place of Christ. After that point, they can talk to the elders, to the CO, the DO, the Branch Overseer, any Governing Body members they meet, and to Jehovah ... but they are doctrinally forbidden from speaking to Jesus. Then they claim to walk in his footsteps and to be his disciples, they claim he is their King and High Priest, but they can't talk to him? Idiotic.

They surely aren't his friends if they can't even speak to him. They have no relationship with Jesus, they are doctrinally forbidden from it, and they only blend Jehovah and Jesus as one when someone points the fact out to them: as nimzo did in this thread.

—AuldSoul

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Knowing these people were lead by God and baptize with holy spirit, God could view their hearts and decide who is worthy enough to gain salvation. Also, this is something Jesus did too when he told the officer that he will be with him in paradise.. We cannot make these decisions today because God doesn't speak to us like he spoke to the prophets of old.. We have to make sure they are ready they are ready in their repentance and and so forth.

You're a deep thinker. I've got a question for you. Can God not view people's hearts and decide if they're fit for baptism now? Your post sounds as if we must be acceptable to men to be baptised rather than to God when you say "we can not make these decisions today." Is it man's place to decide who has a personal relationship with God?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit