Jehovah's Witness here.

by nimzo 177 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    When I say weird, I mean delusional.

I have notice the same with people who still believe the JW have the truth and that the bible is the word of god

• nimzo
    nimzo

WAIT! How do you quote!?

• brinjen
    brinjen
    WAIT! How do you quote!?

The icon that looks like a speech bubble next to the smiley face

• eclipse
    eclipse

I was raised a JW too.

I don't believe in the Trinity.

But, I can see why some can believe that Jesus is God.

Considering that the WATCHTOWER MISTRANSLATED the New World Translation ON purpose to support their doctrines.

So, those who know original Greek, and if you go look up your Greek interlinear, you will find that they insert God's name,. JEHOVAH where there originallwas no such name written.

Funny isn't it that they chose to insert god's name where it didn't even originally appear??? And then translating the same word, (LORD) they put Jesus's name where it suits them.

I am not a christian, but I do believe that Jesus was most likely a real life human being, even though there is debate over whether or not there is any hsitorical evidence other than the Bible to support his existance.

You would think that the rulers of his time wrote about him....why don't you do your own research and see if they did? Don't take us apostate's word for anything.

You think you know everything? Prove it. Do your own research and see what information you can come up with to support your beliefs.

Start with the greek scriptures, NewWorldTranslation, and grab your interlinear, you will see what I mean.

If you really want to learn something, look up Narkissos and Leolaia's posts. Just click on their name. Click post history.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They turn back to false teachings and their bible knowledge even proves that.

Hi nimzo.

That is exactly what the Society said they will do:

August 15, 1981 Watchtower magazine

Pages 28-29 paragraph 14

They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Nimzo

I am currently an elder and visit here regularly.... Why??? Because something is major wrong with the WTBTS.

All of the changes - flashes of light recently and just about to be published are going to make many question there faith. I was brought up in the truth and this is the first time I have ever started to question it - it all falls to pieces when you start your own research.

The fact you are here means you have questions or doubts. Its hard, oh so hard to question life long beliefs. Can I make a recommendation - Wikipedia Jehovahs WItnesses. The society post info on there, but so do others. very factual, honest look at the org. Give it a look.

The Scotsman

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Nimzo,

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses deny so much that the Bible plainly teaches?

For instance: Jesus is the mediator for all mankind, yet Jehovah's Witnesses teach that he is only the mediator for 144,000.

For instance: Jesus said his disciples would be persecuted for his name's sake, yet Jehovah's Witnesses have never been persecuted for the sake of Jesus' name. Ever.

For instance: Every Christian has a responsibility to use their own powers of discernment and to reach their own conclusions in order to mature spiritually, yet Jehovah's Witnesses claim that a "mature christian" will not "harbor private ideas" about Bible understanding. (Hebrews 5:11-6:3)

And you stand at the sidelines of spirituality asking after the nature of God, as if the nature of God is more important than a relationship. You have a King, High Priest, ransomer, redeemer, savior, and yoke-bearer with whom you are doctrinally forbidden to speak. Exactly what kind of personal relationship can you possibly have with Jesus, given that you can't speak to him?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• nimzo
    nimzo

I don't see no happy face. :| Anyway, I'll just use the persons name. eclipse How can you say that they inserted Jehovah's name? Do you know the NT quoted the OT where Tetragrammaton is used? I guess you think they pronounced it Lord and not YHWH. Riiight ;). The proof we have today is the oldest manuscripts of the book of Matthew, where the Tetragrammaton is used.

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome Nimzo.

You are but one grain of sand on the beach. You can look out and call those around you weird and delusional if you wish. I forgive you.

You believe, and I don't, there is a supreme being that will destroy the earth, resurrect the dead, and give them everlasting life in paradise. One day you will see this as a fantasy and rethink about who is delusional. Happy dreaming until then.

DJK

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I don't see no happy face. :| Anyway, I'll just use the persons name. eclipse How can you say that they inserted Jehovah's name? Do you know the NT quoted the OT where Tetragrammaton is used? I guess you think they pronounced it Lord and not YHWH. Riiight ;). The proof we have today is the oldest manuscripts of the book of Matthew, where the Tetragrammaton is used.

No, they did not pronounce it LORD. My bad for not remembering the original greek pronounciation. Just saying, many have done their homework and research and have foung discrepancies with the New World Translation. Hang on while I get the link to the posts in regard to that discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit