Jehovah's Witness here.

by nimzo 177 Replies latest jw friends

• fifi40
    fifi40

Nimzo............how can we account for the actions and writings of the authors of the new testament books..........the only reasonable answer I can give is that JC closest followers his disciples did not feel it necessary to use it........what is the relevance of your question in relation to whether the JW teachings are correct or not?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The Catholic Church canonized the bible, they decided which books to keep and which to reject, does this mean that your bible is wrong based on the supposed false religious church that put it together?

• nimzo
    nimzo

fifi40 Was not necessary to use it? Gods personal name? How can this be so if where suppose to treat Gods name as sacred John 12:28 "Father, glorify Your NAME. Jesus said "NAME" Is the mistranslated "I Am" a name? No. Is Lord/LORD a name? No. Your opinions are wrong, and they do not go long with the bibles teachings.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hey Nimzo. I like your skepticism. I would recommend reading Crisis of Conscience. I think you'll enjoy that book.

I'd love to chat more, but I'm off to class. Have a great day!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Unbelievable...

• *summer*
    *summer*

nimzo...

you are obviously very set in your beliefs.

why did you choose this forum?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I'm asking questions but you guys keep ignoring them. TYPICAL APOSTATE TACTIC! I'll ask again! Why was the Tetragrammaton not used when the New Testament quoted the Old Testament?

Because it was considered disrespectful to use the Father's first name. A custom that holds true to this day. I didn't start calling my Daddy "David" until he arranged for a Judicial Committee to be convened. He's the PO in my former congregation, the congregation I disassociated myself from.

But then, since you are such a scholar, surely you know that YHWH is the divine name ... NOT the Anglicanized slurring of Jod He Vau He (Hebrew Tetragram as it appeared in the Germanic languages). Since you know for sure that Jehovah is not the divine name (and never has been) my questions for you would be: Why did the NWT translators insert the name "Jehovah" selectively where there was no OT quote in nearly half the occurences of "Jehovah" in the NT of the NWT when they knew for sure that "Jehovah" is NOT the divine name? If your name is George would it bring your name honor to call you Geoffrey and laud all of Geoffrey's accomplishments?

I bet you won't answer mine. Like a typical JW.

I liked your artful dodge of the simple doctrinal flaw that JWs are disallowed from speaking to Jesus. I saw how you tried to weave Jehovah and Jesus together. If they are separate, like you claim to believe, please keep them separate and explain why you cannot speak to Jesus. Stephen, Saul of Tarsus, several women, and all Jesus' apostles spoke to Jesus after his death. Some of them spoke to Jesus after his ascension. Why can't you? It is easy to pass it off as an inane question when you have no Scriptural reason for your Organizationally imposed doctrine, isn't it.

You follow an organization of men, not the Bible and not Jesus. You have sworn fealty to that organization believing it represents God. They have created an image of God for you to worship and you do so gladly, thinking salvation is the outcome. You abdicate your personal responsibility to a group of men who claim to be your priests but who have never presented you with any proof of their claims. Tsk. Blind following the blind.

I don't follow the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't follow apostates. I follow Jesus. To whom do you belong? (1 Corinthians 3:18-23) Do you make a distinction between "Jehovah's Witnesses" and Jesus, or do you have them inextricably blended in your head? I did, for a very long time; now they are untwisted. The truth set me free from enslavement.

—AuldSoul

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Ok Nimzo, God’s name used in the bible or not. How does this debate prove that you have the truth as a JW. How do you answer all of your false prophesies over the years which are still changing to this day? Please answer.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Look at the facts Nizmo...............did you look up wikipedia? To quote 'The Tetragrammaton does not appear in any known original-language manuscripts of the New Testament, despite the discovery of papyrus fragments of the New Testament dating back to the middle of the second century............of all 5000 manuscripts, none contains either the Hebrew (YHWH) or Greek (labe) transliterations of the divine name.

• mathilde
    mathilde

Nimzo, are you counting this as FS time?

Nice and comfortable at the computer in your own home,a cold drink,popcorn ...tick tick tick goes the taximeter -that will help on your FS report,won´t it? It´s almost the end of the month so you have work to do.

Boy am I glad I´m free of all that.

Ah, by the way:I was a JW for more than 30 years-won´t go into details why I left, but I´m still a christian,don´t believe in trinity.

I think you should stick around and read,look things up and see if not you could learn something.There are a lot of wise,sincere people on this board.

Mathilde

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit