October~Breast Cancer Awareness Month~~ I challenge the posters here!

by purplesofa 138 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zeroday
    zeroday

Hi friends... I just wanted to say, that I believe it was the MAMMOGRAM as well as the needle BIOPSIES, along with a lot of XRAYS, that gave me my breast cancer.. The xray tech, put my breast in a vice..and squeezed it like a pancake.. I will NEVER get a mammogram again..

Also, the money that people are giving to the Breast cancer charities go to making more Chemo.. and radiation and drugs... which I also don't believe in... The Chemo, weakens you to the point, that your body can't fight anymore...

My Uncle was diagnoised with prostate cancer and refused all modern medical advice chosing rather a natural and healthy alternative which is his right. He died from a cancer which most men outlive and die from other causes. Again that was his right and respect him for that. As well you and your views on mamograms and other treatments. But when you cloak it in medical FACT which Tula was doing you do a disservice to others who may read these comments. IF you do not proscribe to modern treatments thats fine we all have do decide the medical course we take. I have 2 sisters and a cousin survive breast cancer would they have survived without modern treatment who knows I'm not a doctor but my family has a history of cancer and my female family members get their mamograms yearly and I get the finger up the YINGYANG every year. It's a personal decision...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Only 20? Hmmm, where's the ribbons folks? I don't mind eating cat food for a month if you send me in the poor house.

And over 1,000 views Maybe some don't know how to post pics, or can't. If that's the case, maybe just type 'PINK RIBBON' in bold caps?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    THE BREAST CANCER

It doesn't cause lumps, so it's not usually spotted by mammograms or ultrasounds. Yet inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) is even deadlier than other types, and it's easily detectable by YOU.

The lifesaving secret: Please, once a week, just look in the mirror. A swollen, red, warm or unusually tender breast can indicate inflammatory breast cancer. See your doctor! It may be a simple infection, but if it doesn't heal after 7 days of treatment, arrange for a skin biopsy to check for IBC.

Beyond Mammograms ARE MAMMOGRAMS
    worth the misery? We asked mainstream and alternative experts,
    what really works? The answer...

Everyone knows mammograms aren't perfect. But did you know how imperfect they are? In dense tissue, they spot only half of all tumors!

But what does work? There are so many new options. But is anything really better? Just open your FREE Gift Book, The Greatest Secrets of BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS, and see our team's unbiased guide to all your new alternatives, including...

The truth about thermography. Touted by some alternative gurus, this technique uses an infrared camera to reveal "hot spots" in your breasts. Some cancers do show up, but this is not more reliable than mammography. It fails to detect many existing cancers, and often finds "false positives" that aren't actually malignant.

. Two times better. This easy technique was vetted in a new study of 11,220 women. Just adding an ultrasound test to your mammogram can raise the cancer detection rate to a near-perfect 97%—even for women with the densest breast tissue. That's nearly two times better than standard mammography.

The superior self-exam. Use both hands on each breast—and move your fingers up and down, instead of in a circle. That way you'll cover the entire breast.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

'The Pink Ribbon' by James Christensen

'When James C. Christensen paints a portrait of a woman, the beauty of his subject never ceases to lose the viewer in thought. Inspirational and confident, sensitive and ambiguous, The Pink Ribbon is Christensen's positive statement on prevention and survival.'

http://www.lawrencegallery.com/art/detail.asp?id=2762&cat=hotprint

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks for the reminder......I've got to go get mine done. I go for my cancer check up next month. If all goes well, that means I graduate to the '5 year mark', which means I'll only have to go once a year now.

• purplesofa
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

bttt

we can do better to meet the matching challenges on this thread...

Snakes ()

• BlackSwan of Memphis
  • BlackSwan of Memphis
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

bttt...at the one third mark of the month...

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit