October~Breast Cancer Awareness Month~~ I challenge the posters here!

by purplesofa 138 Replies latest watchtower medical

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm a 1 year Breast Cancer Survivor as of Last month!!! Early detection is the key!!

Thanks Purps for donating & being a sponser!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    mmmm, liver and bacon.

I'm not sure which is worse!

Congrats babygirl we can't see your pic but there's not much difference between a red x and a pink ribbon anyway lol!

• purplesofa
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

I get mine every January. :{ Squish-stretch-splat.

• erynw
    erynw

bump

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Ok, I'm an idiot! Everytime I try to post a pink ribbon I get a weird picture and have to edit my post!

So......

Pink Ribbon

Pink Ribbon

Pink Ribbon

Thanks for the suggestion Emo, some of us computer dummies need a little help sometimes

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Everytime I try to post a pink ribbon I get a weird picture and have to edit my post!

Hmmmm .... weird pictures eh?

Inquiring minds need to know ...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Purps I am going to BTT this for you.

Sixys friend (as was mentioned on another thread) chose to go home. No more chemo. I wanted to share this photo I took of Her and Six. She really is a beautiful woman. The truth is I felt honored to get to meet her and take her photo. Several times I watched her face as she looked at him and it was as if she were trying to comfort him. She was lovely. So I thought with all the other things going on tonight I would bring something true and good back to the top.

Here is to a strong, ever so strong woman! A fighter and someone honorable. I guess I should have made it a bit clearer that she does not have this fight for much longer. This truly will be a great loss. Yes a cure needs to be found to something that takes away such beautiful people long before we are ready to have them gone. She, I believe, has so much to give stll.

~Betsy~ A true Warrior Woman~

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I posted this so late last night I did not know if Purps got a chance to see it.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey Sparky,

I did see this pic, but there was just so much going on. Thank you so much for sharing, you really have a way of capturing people and emotion.

Its a beautiful picture. She is a beautful person.

This story was local, just thought I would share it.

purps

A Walk to Remember Reported by: Jonathan Wilson, KARK 4 News

Saturday, Oct 20, 2007 @04:36pm CST

Forty-one-year-old Kelly Cordts knew she wanted to take part in Little Rock's Race for the Cure when she moved here less than a year ago.

But Saturday's big event took on a new significance just a few months ago -- when Cordts found out she had a rare and aggressive form of breast cancer known as IBC, or Inflammatory Breast Cancer.

But Cordts considers herself lucky for many reasons -- she felt well enough to walk today, despite enduring her third round of chemo therapy just two weeks ago. Her doctors have told her she's responding well to her chemotherapy.

On top of that, she says she never would have known about her sickness if it weren't for a random mass email sent from a friend containing a newsclip about IBC. That's because Inflammatory Breast Cancer can spread without it's victims ever developing a lump, the most common sign of breast cancer.

Cordts thinks her story can save lives.

"I woke up on August 2 of this year and my right breast was twice the size of my left breast," she said. "A lot of people die from this type of breast cancer because they just don't think it's breast cancer, they think it's mastitis like I did."

Perhaps the scariest thing about IBC is that mammograms often don't pick up the problem areas.

Many doctors may treat it as a simple infection, because it has the same symptoms, but experts say if your symptoms don't go away a week after starting antibiotics, ask for a biopsy.

Officials at the National Cancer Institute say IBC accounts for less than 5 percent of all breast cancer cases in the U.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit