October~Breast Cancer Awareness Month~~ I challenge the posters here!

by purplesofa 138 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

ps, I bumped one of Frannie's threads:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/100436/1.ashx

There's a link one of those sites where all you have to do is click!! The site donates free mammograms for those who can't afford, but they're donating extra if they hit a certain number of clicks during October.

Get clicking - costs nothing - could save someone's life!

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I'm helping my community by sponsoring a "how to" clinic on breast examination.

It will be an all month long event.

Examiner: me

BA- j/k!!!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Here is one!

Jeff

• BFD
    BFD

Just let me know your hours, BA, and I'll be there.

BFD

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Something else worth a mention here too

Guys, remember to check your man-boobs, you can get breast cancer as well.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This is one for Male Breast Cancer Awareness.

Yes, men do get breast cancer!

Just as women are encouraged to be observant of changes in their breasts, men must also know the changes in their chest area that may need further evaluation. Although men don't think of themselves as having breasts, the fact is that men have breast tissue. Signs to bring to your doctor's attention are a lump, a hard knot or swelling in your chest area, the skin on your chest dimples or puckers, your nipple pulls in toward your chest wall, you see any redness or scaling on your nipple, or there is a discharge coming from your nipple. Don't ignore these signs. Awareness is key!

Just as the pink breast cancer awareness ribbon reaches women about the life-saving message of early detection, this pink and blue breast cancer pin helps educate men and women about male breast cancer.

I personally had such a scare not long back. It resulted in quite a few embarrassing tests [for a man], tons of doctor's visits and eventually surgery to remove suspect tissue. I did not have cancer. But it was scary. Even now I have to swallow to admit such a thing - male ego and stereotypical thinking I suppose. A very high percentage of men who contract breast cancer die. That is because of the same embarrassment and ignorance that I mention here.

Men - check those breasts. Hers first - then your own.

Jeff

• zeroday
    zeroday

Guys, remember to check your man-boobs, you can get breast cancer as well.

My sister told me about a year ago I should get a mammo that men can also get breast cancer. I told her "but there's nothing to squish" she just looked at me and said "Your an idiot"...

• tula
  • zeroday
    zeroday

There are too many people riding that gravy train.

Well, until you or someone you love utters that C word they can ride that train as long as they like...

• juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit