October~Breast Cancer Awareness Month~~ I challenge the posters here!

by purplesofa 138 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

First I would like to point out that I am not trying to derail this thread with meanness or bad spirit. Everyone was posting pink ribbons and well that doesn't really do much. Obviously we know about Breast Cancer since we are looking at this thread. What does help, is giving to local charities that are trying to help women in need of check ups and medical expenses. Often people get so caught up in buying these products where 1% of your money goes to breast cancer survivors and research. If you really care why not just give the 100% of what you were going to spend? That's all I wanted to point out.

• erynw
    erynw
    First I would like to point out that I am not trying to derail this thread with meanness or bad spirit. Everyone was posting pink ribbons and well that doesn't really do much. Obviously we know about Breast Cancer since we are looking at this thread. What does help, is giving to local charities that are trying to help women in need of check ups and medical expenses. Often people get so caught up in buying these products where 1% of your money goes to breast cancer survivors and research. If you really care why not just give the 100% of what you were going to spend? That's all I wanted to point out.

I don't think you read the initial intent of this thread, so here it is:

Just a reminder to get your mammo, at least by the end of the year.

The Komen Foundation has done so much for breast cancer awareness..........Is anyone doing The Race for the Cure in their area? I am only a sponser .........I may be a late entry, not sure yet.

and Guys, tell your ladies to get their boobs pinched.............you have a interest in it as well!!!! ( . )( . )

Get a mammogram...not go out and buy ribbons. Then it was added:

For every pink ribbon posted on this thread I will donate ONE DOLLAR to the Komen Foundation in the name of JWD!!!!!

so you better start posting............since it is the first of October.........and October is breast cancer awareness month, I will talley the replies up at the end of the month.

happy posting,

Leslie

Again, not to go out and buy ribbons, to post them in the thread. Peace.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

burgertime

with all due respect, noone is buying a ribbon on this thread........for every ribbon posted I am going to donate one dollar to the komen foundation.......I am not selling anything.

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thank-you erynw and sad emo

purps

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

New Truth, I won't say you're wrong, but are you prepared to say that every case of breast cancer is caused by mammography?

Further, wouldn't you give, even an inch, that mammography helps women to detect early on that they have breast cancer?

Also, in regards to chemo, wow, hun, there are walking, living, breathing examples of people who have survived cancer because of the treatments. The money that goes to help these women, has helped our friends on THIS board, survive and thrive.

If my $1 would go to help even the smallest percentage get treatment, that makes me happy.

And further, I think it is incredible that Purps cares enough to go through the trouble to do this.

New Truth, you chose to take the holistic route, and I think that is great if that is what you believe is best for you and will stand by your side for your right to choose that.

However, I do also believe that if it were me tomorrow to be diagnosed, I would have no problem using traditional therapy.

Now if I can just get my pic to work....

• erynw
    erynw

I have a pic of me with my hair just starting to grow back in after my latest round of chemo. No eyebrows and no eyelashes. I take it out every once in a while to remind me how lucky I am. If I hadn't had the stem cell transplant, I would be dead. Period.

• purplesofa
  • erynw
  • erynw
  • ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I already got mine pinched, sweetstuff I borrowed your ribbon!

nj

Edited: I tried to put the ribbon in but the picture was of something else, I'm not sure what but it didn't look good I'll try again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit