October~Breast Cancer Awareness Month~~ I challenge the posters here!

by purplesofa 138 Replies latest watchtower medical

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

bttt

I'll match Purps' challenge $1 for $1 up to the first $100 to the Komen Foundation (http://cms.komen.org/komen/Donations/index.htm) no need to wait to donate..

I'd donate more, but I've already blown my September and October budgets on upcoming vacations...

and I'll leave it to Leslie to keep track (remember 1 ribbon per poster, or we'd go broke)

Snakes() keep the thread going....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

edited to add...less than 20 different posters posted a ribbon wit 925 views? ...

we have another poster ernyw...who is matching Leslie's challenge with a grant of their own...

Tell you what, I will MATCH whatever purps calculates for the pink ribbon posting donations. I believe the fight is this important.

that's what Leslie needs...SUPPORT....

That doubles the money... I threw down a matching grant up to $100....that triples some of it... so in addition to posting ribbons, post a matching grant...even if its only a nickle or a dime per ribbon....

SnakesInTheTower (of the "trying to get the damn ribbon posted finally got it to work " Sheep Class)

Matching Challenge Grants to Date

Purplesofa (original challenge) ernyw, Snakes, ..... matching challenge

sad emo...sorry i missed that match earlier.

• SnakesInTheTower
  • erynw
    erynw

I think we've (purps and I) have posted more than one ribbon. Oh well, it's only money right.

• erynw
    erynw

I had my last mammogram in July. It went well, no return of cancer.

But a funny thing happened afterwards. I left the exam room to get dressed and left the clinic. I went back to work for the rest of the day, went out and had a couple of drinks with friends, stopped at a friend's house to chat and finally made it home later in the evening. I went in to take my shower and felt something strange on my breast. I was about to get nervous when I realized that I had been walking around all day with that little dot stuck to my nipple. You know the one I'm talking about. Boy oh boy, I must have looked funny. Excited on the left side, apathy on the right. What a hoot.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks snakes........you did good!!!!!

this is from sad emos earlier post .......of Frannies thread from '05..... so easy to click.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Purps remembered a photo I posted some time ago, and asked me to repost it. It is a portrait I did of a friend who was going thru breast cancer treatment and the two other women who made up her support group. The photo later ran in Cure magazine.

I don't think this is the pic you saw, Purps (this was just us playing around), but it is what I have online from the same photo-shoot:

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey six!!!!

Thanks, I just love that pic..........there was one also with you in it that was great!

I may have it on my external hard drive.........I will look for it.

Thank you very much for posting the pic. I appreciate it very much.

purps

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I like prostrate cancer better

• erynw
    erynw

Only 20? Hmmm, where's the ribbons folks? I don't mind eating cat food for a month if you send me in the poor house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit