REALLY Think about it before you post

by avidbiblereader 106 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yeah, well if god answers me out of a windstorm then perhaps I'll show him some respect but untill then he's nothing but ridiculous nonsense.

• eclipse
    eclipse

abr, do you believe then that only people like yourself will be saved?

I ask this humbly, and sincerely.

It is too bad that god created man to never be able to live up to his standards. I guess that is one way to keep all the power and control for himself.

Oh right, I remember he did not want mankind to have knowledge and be like god,

he would not want to have them be able to rule themselves, now would he

Making imperfect humans try to live up to perfect rules, and killing them for not being able to is pure LUNACY.

Why you do not see that, I will never understand.

He could of created us perfectly obedient. He didn't. Freewill to make mistakes? NOT when you get killed for it!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Then we could excersize our freewill to worship him or not.

And he could greatly bless the ones that do...sure, it's bribery, but it's a site better than using fear of death as an incentive to worship.

I think this has been a fundemental feature that has been lacking in religion, they have taught fear of God and not Love of God, Love will always act as a stronger motivation then fear. Fear will work for so long, but love will last.

I guess it all comes down to whether we love God or not, do we actually know Him well enough to love Him. Religion has failed to reveal the accuracy of God, instead they have painted a heartless, tyrannical God, Religion has done more damage than good. This is why I did my own personal examination and continue to do so and have found the real Person behind the curtain. Love believes all things, hope all things, lovenever fails.

abr

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

abr, do you believe then that only people like yourself will be saved?

No, I dont think I am saved, I dont judge people and realize that Christ is the appointed Judge, not me, as Paul said, I am not worthy to judge even myself and it doesn't matter what I think, only what Christ thinks as the appointed judge. 1 Cor 4:1-6

As Paul said, he kept reaching for it, but realized it was not a gaurantee until he finished his life faithfully for what he was called and still then it is a free gift, nothing earned, no amount of meetings, door knocking, Bible reading, praying, no amount of doing good. It a free gift based on grace and faith, not works.

I have resolved myself, I know that this is a better life following the scriptures, it is safer, healthier, more "peaceful" but even if there is not life at the end for me. I cannot disagree with God's judgements anyway, but as a sinner if I get death, I only get what I deserve. I for my part, pray for the strenght to do what is right with His patience for as Paul said, "the good I want to do, I dont, the bad I do not wish is what I do". Life is a struggle and a journey, I hope to make God's face smile, make some friends along the way and treat ALL my fellow man with respect and love, if they dont reciprecate, no one can change another, I only pray and hope the best for them and wish whatever it is that has hardened them, they get peace from it and enjoy life to it fullest.

abr

• eclipse
    eclipse

abr, to be honest, religion had nothing to do with painting god to me that way, I just had to read the Bible to see that for myself.

As for love, well perhaps if god was not so easily offended and angered, it would be easier to love him.

If he was not such a blood thirsty jealous god, it would be easy to see his good qualities.

Abr, all the best with your post-armegeddon life, while the rest of us are bird-food.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Yeah, well if god answers me out of a windstorm then perhaps I'll show him some respect but untill then he's nothing but ridiculous nonsense.

I pray it is windy where you live tonight, not being smart, just wishing you the best. Nic.

Respectfully, abr

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I would enjoy myself for those last 7 days doing things that make me happy.

I think a lot of times when faced with such a question people get overwhelmed and want to cram a lifetime of activities into a few days. The way I look at it, take the same approach you would when you go on vacation. As far as the god thing goes, if he wasn't pleased with what you did before pronouncing judgement, what good would trying to please him for a mere 7 days do? If he could be persuaded to let you off the hook for 7 days of kissing his a$$, what does that say about him?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Awakened

If it does, and God then reveals Himself on top of that, I feel I have not done enough wrong in my life that He should take my life. Abraham reasoned with God - maybe I'll do the same if this comes to pass.

I really hope and pray that when all the dust settles, as the scriptures says below, God will be prove true, and we are all there with a gapping mouth hanging wide open as He is merciful with all as none of us are right, only He is. No one is better than anyone else!!!! NO ONE!!!!!!!

Romans 3:4, 9-18

4 Of course not! Even if everyone else is a liar, God is true. As the Scriptures say about him,

“You will be proved right in what you say,
    and you will win your case in court.

9 Well then, should we conclude that we Jews are better than others? No, not at all, for we have already shown that all people, whether Jews or Gentiles, [ c ] are under the power of sin. 10 As the Scriptures say,

No one is righteous—
    not even one
    11 No one is truly wise;
    no one is seeking God.
    12 All have turned away;
    all have become useless.
    No one does good,
    not a single one
    .” [ d ]
    13 “Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave.
    Their tongues are filled with lies.”
    “Snake venom drips from their lips.” [ e ]
    14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.” [ f ]
    15 “They rush to commit murder.
    16 Destruction and misery always follow them.
    17 They don’t know where to find peace.” [ g ]
    18 “They have no fear of God at all.

abr

• greendawn
    greendawn

Avid, I think you are still moving within the JW framework for the issue, God would not bring down condemnation or at least a finalised eternal condemnation as the JWs believe the armageddon judgement to be, before a full and proper education of the world on the merits of spiritual culture. The civilised institution that will do this is certainly not the WTS as the JWs claim and it has yet to appear in this world.

And the JWs could never explain why the armageddon dead wouldn't be resurrected on the day of resurrection as the people of Sodom will.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Abr, all the best with your post-armegeddon life, while the rest of us are bird-food

This thread was never meant to come off that way, it was a matter of to get the thinking process moving not to come off judgmental, besides as 1 Corinthians 2:16 says

16 For,

Who can know the L ord ’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?” [h]

But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ

Who knows what His judgements will be? Certainly not me.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit