REALLY Think about it before you post

by avidbiblereader 106 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I think that I would say goodbye to all the people that meant everything to me - well would I have to say goodbye if I were able to get on the Ark?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

CORRECTION: I'd go to the ocean and laugh at all the people trying to use nautical activities to save them. And I'd probably moon them too. Hey, the end is right around the corner, might as well have some fun.

• White Dove
    White Dove

For me, it's the case of the god of the Bible saying to worship him or die and all of those innocent babies, old people, and non-military personel he killed by the Israelites hands. For non-Israelites, it was die or become their slaves. Not much of a choice or life. Free will is a joke in the Bible. God also said that before him there was no other god. He was in effect saying that their was a time before his existence meaning that he did in fact have a beginning and there was a time that he didn't exist. I'm with the person who was going to go camping and bid nature farewell. I think I will go camping, too. Bringin's dirt nap idea just took the sting out of death for me. I accept it and it's ok.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

For those who say they will not change, I truly repect that, I dont agree with it, but if you say you want to go out with a bang and burning Bright, I repect your honesty.

Bizzy Bee, before we go on the other way type thread and perhaps you may want to start one, it may be good to see the other thought process self examination if the Bible is wrong idea but to answer your other hypothetical,

Are we still being hypothetical? We'd have to interpret for ourselves what is meant by 'wipe the earth clean' - another flood? The earth swallowing up Buicks? Volcanoes? Soap and an almighty good scrub brush?

We'd also have to define what is meant by 'those who have or are revolting/disagree against me.' What would it take to 'agree' with God? What are His terms? The Bible is unclear about that, so therefore it is impossible to know how to avoid disagreeing with Him.

Remember, He is God and He can do whatever wants and no feat is to big, Remember, as God, He can get in direct contact with your mind and let you know personally what you/we would need to change.

respectfully,abr

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ok then. I do believe that God has been misrepresented, his Bible has been altered or never was His word. If He said to do it - I would. If I knew it was God actually speaking.

I would not consider that kissing God's ass. Some would. I would not put my own philosophy and ideas ahead of a diety that showed himself and spoke and demonstrated that he had power and really wanted to fix this earth/humans/society. I would be humble enough to do as He told me. I always thought I was before, as a Jdub, and that part of my character has not changed. IF HE WAS CREATOR AND COULD SHOW ME THAT, I WOULD BE SUBJECT TO HIM. It's a big if - but....

Jeff

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Thanks Jeff for your honesty, very well put

abr

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

But the opening premise was that the Bible turns out to be Right - just that no one had interpreted it correctly.

Seeker4 has posted for me.

By the way - is this a "What if you're wrong" -thread?

'Cause those can be fun...

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    By the way - is this a "What if you're wrong" -thread?

According Roms 3, none of us are right, I said the Bible is right, it is an honesty and truthful thought provoking thread

abr

• Blindbutnowisee
    Blindbutnowisee

I would eat and drink every thing I wanted, since I would not have to worry about the weight gained.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Remember, He is God and He can do whatever wants and no feat is to big, Remember, as God, He can get in direct contact with your mind and let you know personally what you/we would need to change.

If I believed that God was getting in contact with my mind to let me know what He wanted - of course I would do it! Lots of people act on that belief and many of them kill themselves or kill other people or become the leader of the the free world, believing that God told them to do it.

But that first 'if' is a big one...

By the same token, if a gun was being held to my head, I would likewise do exactly as I was told.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit