REALLY Think about it before you post

by avidbiblereader 106 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Actually after thinking about it long and hard...... I'd say "God, you sure are a drama queen"!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

That is what Paul said we should do if we were wrong in 1 Cor 15

abr

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

You are who you are. I am what I am. If my life hasn't been good enough to this point, 7 days won't make it any better. Don't try and shut the door after the dog gets out. I would take it as it comes and see what shakes out. If I make it, great. If I don't, how am I gonna know?

CCS

• RAF
    RAF

Sorry didn't really want to take the time to think or to read answers before to post mine (but will read yours afterward)

7 days well that's 7 days it wouldn't change who I am ...

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

For those who say they will not change or say and do whatever, I respect that, however in my life I have had three guns pointed at me, one to my head and the others by shaking people who could have shot me by accident, You act different when it is right in front of you.

It is always to talk about dying and until we are faced with it or have given it some long hard thought and die for a purpose no matter what it may be, it is always easier said then done.

Saddam spoke boldly about it, but the man had a look of fear on his face. Hitler, Himmler and others who spoke and acted on death, when confronted with themselves took the cowardly way out. Dying isn't easy, talking is.

Respectfully,

abr

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

On a more serious note: if it turned out most of the killing by God in the Bible somehow were just stories, parables, illustrations, and we had totally failed to translate and interpret the Bible or even put it together correctly, so that the God who spoke to me and others around me was in fact a loving, fair and just God - basically the good guy only wanting what's best for us - - - - then perhaps I would want to follow Him. But I have real problems with the whole "Do as I say or you die" thing. I realize believers consider God to have the right to take life, since He's the originator of life. I just don't agree. Discipline people so they can learn from their mistakes? Sure. Kill them? Not so much. I just can't marry an all loving, fair and just God with one who at the same time will kill millions of people. Even if the mass killings described in the Bible were misunderstood, this massive capitol punishment at Armageddon would kinda make that point moot.

I get the point that it's hard to know how one would react, and that to save one's life one would agree. But is that the point of this thread? What does that say about God in that case? I'm not sure I understand where you're going with this.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    says in just 7 more days I will wipe the earth clean of all those who have or are revolting/disagree against me.

Any god who says 'obey me or die', is tyrannical by any stretch of the imagination.

I really thought I would thumb my nose at god, but in reality I want to live even if it means living under god.

At least he has finally shown himself, so therefore, I cannot say, he doesn't exist, so I do not have to worship it.

But since he has shown himself, perchance he is the loving god that some claim he is,

then perhaps living under his rule will not be not so bad, but if it is, well I know of many creative ways to die.

• RAF
    RAF

Was about to edit my post to add something when I saw that you've posted :

ABR :Which fear are you talking about? the fear of God intervention? I don't understand? Biblically talking (since it's was the imperative in the quetions) Against what is it supposed to be? The end of what is it supposed to be? Why the fear?

What I was about to add : is exactly that I wouldn't change whatever ...
    I've been close to think I was about to die too ... It just leaded me to feel very, very, very lucky to still being alive ... (appreaciate and think about life more deeply maybe)

• PEC
    PEC

I would give he/she/it the middle finger and continue with what I was doing. I will not submit to blackmail; because, the next time he/she/it will just ask for more. Greed is human nature and according to the bible we were made in gods image; so, God is greedy.

Philip

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Any god who says 'obey me or die', is tyrannical by any stretch of the imagination

As a person who earns money or has children and pays for everything do you have the right or any parent to tell their children to act a certain way. Does not God have the right as well to tell us on how to act? Everything belongs to Him, including our breath, our energy,

If rulers, goverments, dictators, military men of higher rank, all have the right to tell someone how to act or there are consequences, does not God reserve that same right?

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit