REALLY Think about it before you post

by avidbiblereader 106 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Welllllll I hate to do this

a) Who did he tell?

b) How do we know the person he told is not insane?

c) How do I know that it's God talking and not a demon?

d) Since you say the bible is right but religion is wrong, then which interpretation is right? I.e. some people believe that the Bible is not meant to say that God hates homosexuality, so, should I believe it's wrong or perfectly ok?

e) What would be considered a revolt?

f) What if I'm For God, but am not a Bible believer? Does that count?

g) How did we find out? I.e the guy that God told, how did he tell the rest of us?

h) Am I going to hell or am I just getting annhilated?

ok that's it for now...

Now assuming that the person who told us is reliable (ya know not some grocery store aisle mag)(or Watchtower ) and that the idea is just to Believe ...I'm good to go...

However, I need a better idea of what I have to do.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Avid, I think you are still moving within the JW framework for the issue

No, this was a hypothetical to get minds thinking, no one knows what the next 7 days will bring or even the next 7 minutes. It was a matter, when the END or OUR END comes, which could be any second. Are we content with our relationship God, or would we really blaspheme God and curse Him out?

My thinking is so far from JW's, no one in my entire area is hated more by the Witnesses than me, after 6 1/2 years out, I am still the constant subject of gossip, slander and used as meeting parts of the former elder who it the worst apostate and even out right lies. Trust me, I dont know how you can be hated more by the witnesses, I have people literally run out of stores at just my presense in stores/restrurants, this is not an isolated or one time event.

Funny thing is, I dont curse, never been in a fight, I am totally non confrontational, say hi to them in kindness, have tried to just talk to them without being rude. Funny how people can allow slander and lies to mold their thinking. Oh, well I pray that God forgives them.

abr

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

BSM, I will get back to you but have recieved a phone call about my aging father of 87and have to leave.

abr

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I pray that God forgives them

Please don't pray for me.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think it's far more likely that there will be a global chipmunk revolution.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Avid, I think you are still moving within the JW framework for the issue

No, this was a hypothetical to get minds thinking, no one knows what the next 7 days will bring or even the next 7 minutes. It was a matter, when the END or OUR END comes, which could be any second. Are we content with our relationship God, or would we really blaspheme God and curse Him out?

Avid...I'm not a JW and could never get my mind around why people put all their energy into an adventist type of theology. For the life of me, I could never nor do I now understand the appeal. I don't think anyone other than an Adventist thinker would put this scenario out there. If God is as shallow as you describe in your scenario, then to hell with him.

Adventist religions obsess about tomorrow....for what reason.....so not only do you get to live this life as a neurotic, but your great reward is that you get to live eternally as a neurotic, only their will be less fellow neurotics to share the world with ?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

(((((abr))))

I hope that he's ok

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I reckon that if that announcement was made and proven to be true - ie god says it Himself, the world's population would destroy itself before the 7 days were up. Everyone who wanted to get even with someone else would just go do it, folks would do or take whatever they'd always wanted, the religious fundies would be ignoring everything and instead rejoicing at the coming destruction of all the evil non-believers (in their opinion, not mine!).

And those who survived would serve the chipmunk race for eternity because they are the true 144,000.

----------------------------------------------------------------

ps ((abr)) - praying everything's ok there.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hope all is well with your father, abr.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I do not condone bullying by someone who calls himself god. Bullying and Murder do not constitute godlike qualities to me. So therefore he is only in charge or god so long as people allow him to be. If we all turned our backs he could throw as many toys out of his petty lonely pram and it wouldnt make the slightest bit of difference and his pathetic ego would never be appeased. Boo hoo.

But on the premise that he can swoosh me off in a big flood and I have seven days left I'd be on the first plane to Dallas to be with the people I love. I'd make love generously, drink greedily, and listen to lots of live music.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit