REALLY Think about it before you post

by avidbiblereader 106 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

""Avid, I think you are still moving within the JW framework for the issue" No, this was a hypothetical to get minds thinking, no one knows what the next 7 days will bring or even the next 7 minutes. It was a matter, when the END or OUR END comes, which could be any second. Are we content with our relationship God, or would we really blaspheme God and curse Him out? My thinking is so far from JW's, no one in my entire area is hated more by the Witnesses than me, after 6 1/2 years out, I am still the constant subject of gossip, slander and used as meeting parts of the former elder who it the worst apostate and even out right lies. Trust me, I dont know how you can be hated more by the witnesses, I have people literally run out of stores at just my presense in stores/restrurants, this is not an isolated or one time event. Funny thing is, I dont curse, never been in a fight, I am totally non confrontational, say hi to them in kindness, have tried to just talk to them without being rude. Funny how people can allow slander and lies to mold their thinking. Oh, well I pray that God forgives them. abr"" You say you hate them in one breath, and then say you pray forgiveness for them in the next. If God is so all-loving and all-knowing and all-powerful, then why does he allow you to hate those you claim to pray for?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If there REALLY IS a God who came down to earth, set things straight entirely etc. and said what was required, I would want to please him. I don't have objections to their being a creator, just a massive doubt. And if he did create, I guess I could live with him making the rules as HE sees fit. Then again, if he was in actuality truly obnoxious, and he is as nasty as various religions seem to portray him, I would party like it's 1999-within the context of what my conscience is comfortable with. I kinda think it would be interesting if he came down, portrayed himself as obnoxious, and took all the toady jerks who did what HE said was good (but which is really bad) and got rid of the jerks of the world. But if God was just, I guess he wouldn't play games with us. The thing is though, the God of the Bible does seem to have some ego issues and is into game playing and messing with minds (Issac! Job, etc)and I wouldn't want to be in the kind of world he seems to think is ideal. So if there is a God(Godess or creator), I imagine there will be some significant differences to the one we see portrayed in the Bible. I hope!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Rocci,

Ask for forgiveness.

I am only prepared to ask forgiveness of God if he/she/it promises to get some much needed therapy and stops threatening to murder those who will not do things in his/her/its way.

When his/her/its therapist encourages him/her/it to see that though this level of control is common among the insane, with medication and emotional support he/she/it may make it through the next ten thousand years without a psychic break. HS
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

HS

as those brits say Brilliant!!!!

RICCO and a few other newcomers today need some therapy as well

purps

• ringo5
    ringo5

"Stumbled" on this, thought it was pretty funny....

http://wordgasm.com/blog/the-afterlife

Me: Shiver me timbers! So the fairy tales are true after all!
    God: In a sense. And you have doubted all your life.
    Me: Does that mean I'm going to hell?
    God: For being an atheist? Of course! Why wouldn't you be thrown in hell? That's where you belong! You know how we deal with rebels like you.
    Me: Then why am I here? In heaven? White clouds all over? Isn't there anything else in here but clouds and those annoyingly happy people behind the golden gates?
    God: Actually, you're in the border between heaven and hell. Five steps away is the gate to heaven and behind you is the precipice towards the infernal cesspit of hell.
    Me: And I thought it was all fiction!
    God: Go on. Take a peek at hell and see if you want to live there for all eternity.
    Me: Oh my f#$^ing God! It is hell! Lookit! I even burned my eyebrows!
    Satan: Don't listen to that conceited scumbag! Join me! Take all the pleasure as you please—booze, sex, drugs, literature, poetry, the internet—everything is in here!
    God: What a pathological liar. Don't listen to him! Just look at all the souls around him! Ninety-nine percent are philosophers, atheists, and scientists, all moaning in pain; nothing of those pleasure-seeking promises whatsoever!
    Me: So just why am I in the border between heaven and hell? Is this the final judgment or something?
    God: Something like that. You shall have to choose between the two with one condition to consider.
    Me: What condition? Of course I want to go to heaven! We're talking about eternity here! Not just millions and trillions and zillions of years but FOREVER!
    God: But you already are doomed to perpetual hellfire. I am just giving you this opportunity to repent and finally believe in me.
    Me: But you are God! You must know my answer!
    God: Of course, I know everything! I know the next word you're going to say and the actions and gestures you're about to commit but I too am doomed to anticipate them and watch them unfurl as expected.
    Me: So you know that my first word is "so"? And what about my answer? If you knew my answer before hand then you should've just placed me straight way to my destination.
    God: Well, this is still bound to happen. You chose to check me out for yourself if I really do exist. So now that you're here and have known the truth, I might as well grant you repentance as long as you acknowledge my existence.
    Me: So you mean I should just believe in you and I will then forever stay in heaven?
    God: You're damn right all right!
    Me: But what kind of a sick vainglorious God requires man to believe in Him just to be acknowledged of His existence? I mean, you really must have some serious low self-esteem issues and you probably just cover it all up with a veneer of omnipotent authority.
    God: I knew you would say that!
    Me: And you didn't even have the power to stop me.
    God: Of course I had! I just didn't want to ruin your free will!
    Me: And you don't have the free will yourself to stop me?
    God: What can I say? I was paralyzed from overanalyzing the situation. Off to hell you go then!
    Me: I'll leap to hell myself!
    God: Wait!
    Me: What now?
    God: Does that mean you still don't believe in me?
    Me: What are you, stupid? I thought you know everything? And f@!k no, even if I've seen you, smelled you, heard you, touched you, and counted all the lines on your wrinkled face, I'd rather believe in myself and in everybody else than in some attention-deprived anal-expulsive Entity seeking to justify His existence!
    Satan: Ah, the benefits of eating the apple of knowledge! Come midear, I beckon you to feast with me and all these freethinkers alike. Welcome to Hell! You just made the greatest decision in your life, I mean death, I mean afterlife, you get the drift.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

"God" is not nice. He kills people and babys. He tells someone, that is loyal to him, to kill his child and then tells him he is testing him. What kind of joke is that? Religious people that are in the church. Writes the Bible and says God told me what to say. To find false reasons for irrational or worthy behavior, to keep in line. That is what the Bible is about. People pick out there favorte parts in the Bible to live by and some like the Power to control people, by belittling them, so they well submit to them, it makes them feel good. They well use the Bible and pick out there favorte words, to make you feel not good enough. ITS BS. I don't want this God. He Is not nice. I dont think there is a God. I think its a way for people to control you.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I think there is no God and no Hell. Its just people with power, Wanting you to think there is hellfire and torment, so they can keep you in line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit