I received a package from my mother today

by ex-nj-jw 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Heather
    Heather

OMG your mom and mine belong in the nuthouse togther!

• Emma
    Emma

Even though I've been away from the cult for more than ten years now, that email from your mom kind of grabbed me in the solar plexis! It would be impossible to answer it; there are so many outright lies there, misinformation, insults and insinuations and outright refusal to look at the truth from any angle! That's the kind of circular argument they've perfected! I'm glad you're beyond it. Even if my mom was still alive I don't know how I'd react to something like that. Of course, my mom and sisters never did try, pearls before swine or something!

I envy your healthy attitude.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Tell your Mom she is wrong....you still love her deep down in your heart but you have no love for and organization that covers up for pedopliles, and send her Barbara Anderson's CD.

• Mum
    Mum

What everyone has said is wonderful. You should print all of this out and mail it to her.

Para has me in stitches, and I'm at work! Okay, back to pretending to look dignified.

Regards,

SandraC

• south african beef
    south african beef

I am dreading a letter like that from my mum - it's always mums isn't it, not dads?!

As has been mentioned, the emotional blackmail is in there but because they believe they are soooooo right they can't understand how awful the letter actually reads.

My heart goes out to you and your response and that of some others on here have been hilarious!

Evern though my mum has not sent me a letter like that since I was d'fed 5 years ago, I know that she is thinking that way inside and that she is just waiting for me to walk back in to the Kingdom Hell - never gonna happen!

Regards

SAB

• PEC
    PEC

NJ,

Tell your mother that the dubs kill my mother 20 years ago; so, I won't be receiving and of these lovely, encouraging, heartfelt, letters from my mother.

Philip

• choosing life
    choosing life

What Drew said. The response about scientology might help her see how ridiculous she sounds? Probably not?

I really hate org. and people who tear families apart for the purpose of silly beliefs. I mean, think about it, what are beliefs anyway? Just stories of the mind. They have no bearing on what is real and pure in life.

• Scully
    Scully

Wow, nj, did you have your bags packed before that guilt trip??

Seriously, that was just oozing with triggers designed to send you into a guilt spiral. Send her a care package back, and include some Immodium and Preparation H for her verbal diarrhea. Find a picture of someone in a hazmat suit and include it with a caption like "Good grief, I had to put one of these on to wade through all the bull$h!t in that letter of yours."

• journey-on
    journey-on

Reading all these replies of encouragement, sympathY, outrage, and hilarity, I started thinking just how wonderful this board really is for people that receive these emails and letters from their JW family members. If ex-nj-jw didn't have us on JWD to turn to, she would be sitting with that letter in her hand dealing with all kinds of heartache and emotional turmoil. JWD ROCKS...DON'T YOU ALL AGREE!

In the 80's, I received such a letter from my sister. I cried so hard and got so sick over it, that I went to bed and couldn't get motivated for a couple of days. I had to deal with it without support of any kind and work through the pain and heartache of abandonment alone. It doesn't have to be that way now. You've heard of Kitchen Psychology where two friends sit at the kitchen table and talk about their problems and help each other work them out. How about a new one....Forum Psychology.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I would just like to point out that my Mother is not crazy. Just the other night we got in a very heated debate on bible matters. We were both able to the end the phone call laughing and saying we love each other. I couldn't imagine what you guys go through with parents who are willing to send letters so hurtfull and totally non-Christian. It's just mind blowing. My Mom is a very to the book JW but she would never do such a thing. Her STEP SON is DF'd and she speaks to him on a regular basis, she just doesn't discuss spiritual things with thim. Crazyness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit