I received a package from my mother today

by ex-nj-jw 102 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

What a sad testament to what that "loving organization" does to families.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I know this letter must have hurt deep, ex-nj-jw, but I'm glad you could laugh at it. It merits only derision. I thought this part was hilarious:

I'm enclosing a bible for you along with a picture of you when you were the happiest little thing around, when you still had love in your heart, before you turned to Satan the Devil. Please call me when you receive this so that we can talk about your feelings.

After telling you that you follow Satan, that you are an irresponsible mother, an awful offspring and going to die soon, she says (embellishing a tad) 'Call me. Let's talk about your feelings. Let's do lunch and discuss you and your children's impending execution. Big hug'!!! She's precious!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh my goodness, it's a cruel heartless letter, but the whole thing is really funny too. How on earth would someone in her right mind think that kind of the most blatant emotional blackmail would make you drop everything and run to the kingdom hall? Give me a break. You might ask her if she stopped taking her meds?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey everyone,

I just got home from a work related dinner meeting (I'm so full I could bust).

Anyway, thanks for all the responses. My mother is a sick person, always has been. Any mother that can play favorites with her children has to be mentally ill. I'm not hurt by her letter, suprised yes, hurt no. I got over that many years ago.

I though it was funny because after 24 years she's still trying and her words only validate how I feel about this religion and her. So don't worry about me, I just wanted to share with you some of the crazyness called my mother!

I think I'll send her the bible back, with the letter. I'm gonna keep the picture! She'll probably thow darts at it anyway.

Thanks for all the support, and JWD is an awesome place to be and I'm glad I found you!

nj

• Sassy
    Sassy

well I am so glad she lost the ability to hurt you.. I hated some of the things she said to you

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

That letter made me physically ill. But thank you for sharing it! This is a perfect example of why so many of us have left.

I like Drews first suggestion as far as a return letter. Turn it right back on her. Although the Scientology letter had me choking on my coffee!!!!!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

PEC:

I'm sorry you lost you mom. I wish there was a way to heal the wounds JW children have suffered because of this religion!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((PEC))))))))))))))))))))))

Thanks crumpet - laugh away at her letter I sure did!

I've read all of your responses but can't remember them all long enough to respond back. Just know that I appreciate all the support and funnies that you guys come up with!

nj

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Dear mom,

You said in your letter that I don't love you. Do you really presume to know what is really in my heart? Truth be told, I love you very much, more than you apparently realize. I love you enough to know that I would not resort to guilt and manipulation to get you to see things from my point of view. And yes, there is another point of view than the one expressed in your letter. But I will save your letter, in the hopes that one day in the future you will come to have another point of view and realize that things are not always how they now seem. Then we will read over this letter together, and learn how to learn from our mistakes.

Thank you again for the wonderful baby picture,

Love,

Your daughter.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    My mother is a sick person, always has been. Any mother that can play favorites with her children has to be mentally ill. I'm not hurt by her letter, suprised yes, hurt no. I got over that many years ago.

That you're no longer hurt by this is reassuring to know. And it is pretty clear that your mom is a few French Fries short of a Happy Meal, bless her heart.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wow!

No wonder you said she's like Satan. LOL!

We love ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit