I received a package from my mother today

by ex-nj-jw 102 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

lol@Scully's comment

Wow nj, I have gotten lettlers like that from my mom over the years. I have a friend that usually reads them before I do to make sure I wont have a meltdown.

I can even let my moms letters go unopened for a months, does not bother me anymore.

Its really sad though, a letter like this.

I could pick it apart, but mostly, I am proud you did not take any of it personally.

purps

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mom,

Usually when I talk to other people about my children, I talk about their good points, their talents, their abilities, their aspirations, their dreams, their views of the world, their college courses, their life experiences, their friends, their interests...etc...If someone asks about my kids, I can talk for hours.

I'm so ashamed to even tell friends that I have a daughter that has turned her back on Jehovah and us. That my flesh and blood is nothing more than a worthless sinner. How is it possible that I could have given birth to something so awefull?

Mom, what I noticed about the above sentences is that they are all about you. There are a lot of I's me's and my's being expressed there. What that tells me is that this is not so much about me, as it is about you. In the same way that some parents come to grips with the fact that all of their children didn't graduate from Harvard and go on to run Fortune 500 companies, you need to come to grips with the fact that not all of your children share your particular views on religion.

I know that maybe in your particular social circle, your "friends" may look down on you for your childrens choices, but maybe that is an indication that you either need to make some better friends or make a decision to not discuss your children in such a singular manner.

Love,

Your AWESOME daughter!

R's hubby

• Just as I am
    Just as I am

OMG...

I thought I was reading a letter from my own mother. I hated reading all of that and I really felt sad for you. I've received letters almost exactly word for word from mom and from my sisters. I know they are nut cases but it still hurts, especially when they later call on me for rides here and there, babysit, take mom to get groceries, etc, etc, etc. The scariest part is that in their twisted, deluded way of thinking feel that they are right in doing this kind of thing. Sheesh.

I'm sending love and (((((hugs)))))

And Drew, thanks for the excellent come-back ideas!

Just

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your mom is nuts!..How nice of her to send you a bible and tell you how worthless you are..Very thoughtfull..Tell her you no longer worship "Satan".You`ve moved on to the "Evil Banana!"..Evil Banana ..My mom is nuts too..I`ve often wondered what would happen,if I pulled her head out of her ass??..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Just as I am
    Just as I am

And another thing, mom always did the guilt thing where she'd cry and cry, asking where she went wrong in raising us, blah, blah, blah. They did a wonderful job of betraying their children's love and trust every time they'd run us in to the elders over some trivial thing that teens just do as a normal part of life. What did she expect?

I left at 18 also and now 25 years later I'm just learning the truth about JW land. It's taking a while to let go of the anger. Sorry for the rant...

Just

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

That letter is so over the top it doesn't even sound authentic,

it's like a parody of everything dub.

I think you should reply with this statement,

her words only validate how I feel about this religion and her.
  • journey-on
    journey-on

Outlaw...you crack me up, man.

I`ve often wondered what would happen,if I pulled her head out of her ass??..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Tell her you know where she can get an Optirectomy free---(then give her the JWD web address) When she asks you what that is, tell her it's for people whose head is so far up their ass they can't see for sh*t!

• Scully
    Scully

Dear mom

I received your package today. Thanks for the photo, it reminded me just how miserable it was going to assemblies even as a small child. How you could subject an innocent child to that kind of torture is beyond me.

Since you're being completely honest about your feelings in your letter, I thought I would take this opportunity to be completely honest with you. In case you've forgotten, I am a grown woman now, with a life, a husband and children of my own. I am not required to behave in a manner that makes you happy, and it's really rather manipulative for you to put the onus on me for making you happy. If you aren't happy, then perhaps you should examine your life and figure out what you need to do in order to be happy all on your own, without putting unrealistic expectations on other people, and attempting to emotionally blackmail them to keep you appeased. For what it's worth, I am happy with my life just the way it is, as "worthless" and "immoral" as you judge it to be; I do not need to feel superior to others the way you seem to do.

I'm returning the New World Translation to you. I consider it to be a fraudulent counterfeit of the Bible, and I do not keep cult propaganda in my home where it can poison the minds of the unwary, the way it has yours.

Since you've obviously chosen loyalty to the Watchtower Society over unconditional love for your children, please do not list my name as an emergency contact should you become ill or incapacitated. Let the Watchtower Society look after you in return for your loyalty. They can pay for your funeral too.

• Es
    Es

So sorry you received such a letter....dont you just love the line I love you even tho you dont love me.

Its so selfish that parents think that we dont love them just because we dont choose the same path in life as them.

Big hugs

es

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Outlaw - you are one funny person, I love it!!

Just as i am -sorry you have to deal with a crazy mom too. I find it more and more easy to push her to the side every time she pulls a stunt like this. ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

Scully - I like your letter, I might just use everyone's letter and send her a nice little package of my own. It's funny that she will accept money from such a immoral, sinfull piece of crap like the daughter that has caused her so much pain. I hope she doesn't need any financial help from me, cause now she's cut off, let the Jdub siblings carry the load!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit