I received a package from my mother today

by ex-nj-jw 102 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

That is terrible.

I think it would be appropriate to simply send that bible back with that letter along with a note saying something like "it is because of cold, heartless and unloving attitudes like this that I shall never return to a Kingdom Hall. You broke my heart the day you decided to love a book publishing company more than your own child. Actions like this only affirm in my own mind how wrong the JWs really are".

What she wrote you is just so over the top, I can't imagine anything other than an over the top response back.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

(((hugs))) I know how you feel. My mother once told me (before I got reinstated) that if she knew how I was going to turn out tha she wish she would've never had me. When your mother said how could she have given birth to someone so awful it made me think of what my mom had said to me. Don't let her get to you, just laugh it off. You know the "truth" and that's all that matters!

• mavie
    mavie

I'm no expert, but it seems your mother is lashing out at you because she feels that she failed in raising you. She hates herself because she wasn't able to keep you in the religion. I've experienced similar emotions from my parents.
    <br><br>The letter is way over the top, insulting, rude, and disgusting. It's a reflection of a lifetime of JW-ness.
    <br><br>I'm afraid to say that if you want a relationship, you will have to come to terms and accept the fact your mother feels that you are unhappy and will die at the Big-A. However, insulting you by calling you an awful something is going to far. Set your boundary.
    <br><br>If you don't want a relationship you can cut ties yourself. There is nothing wrong with cutting off a relationship when it becomes toxic. If I ever choose to have children, I do not plan on leaving them alone with my parents...at all. I don't want to expose my kids to that toxicity. I don't want to be exposed to it myself.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Dear mom,

I am returning the bible to you. Upon receiving it, I started to sleep through the night. Small animals were being raised from the dead and the bread in my cupboard kept multiplying.

I have come to the conclusion that the bible is possessed by angels. I tried to burn it but it just wouldn't light on fire.

I regretfully must return it and hope that my demons haven't left me permanently.

Love,

Ex-JW

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    "it is because of cold, heartless and unloving attitudes like this that I shall never return to a Kingdom Hall. You broke my heart the day you decided to love a book publishing company more than your own child. Actions like this only affirm in my own mind how wrong the JWs really are".

Drew,

I like that Any other suggestions?

nj

• jaredg
    jaredg

oh god that sounds like my parents. this latest assembly had them all in an uproar. i'm sorry you have to go through that. seeing a letter like that really makes me angry. god they are so delusional it's sickening!!

• dobbie
    dobbie

Sorry you received such a cruel letter hun, but as you say she is obviously a bit madits just not a normal letter to send your child! I'm glad you can see the funny side of it as well though, otherwise it'll just eat you up. When i see things like this it makes me so glad i've got out and the kiddies too so their minds can't be filled with the jw toxic waste!Hugs xxx

• Sassy
    Sassy

oh god.. that is a horrible letter. not only is she brainwashed but she is treated you horribly.. Even if the dubs had it right, that sure would not entice me to return... the comment

How is it possible that I could have given birth to something so awefull?

what kind of loving thing is that to say?

((((HUG))))

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Dear mom,

I am returning the bible to you. Upon receiving it, I started to sleep through the night. Small animals were being raised from the dead and the bread in my cupboard kept multiplying.

I have come to the conclusion that the bible is possessed by angels. I tried to burn it but it just would light on fire.

I regretfully must return it and hope that my demons haven't left me permanently.

Love,

Ex-JW

I knew you guys would come though with some good alternatives!! Keep'em coming, I'll let you know which one I decided to do.

PS, I gave up on our relationship 18 years ago (probably even longer)! She never ceases to amaze me. So no hurt feeling here, just thought you guys would get a chuckle out of my crazy mom and give me som ideas of how to respond.

nj

• snowbird
    snowbird

So sorry for your having to deal with stuff like that.

Thank you for all your PM's and encouragement in my journey.

I don't know what else to say. Love you,

Snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit