I received a package from my mother today

by ex-nj-jw 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear ex..,

(((HUGS)))!! I am so sorry!! I cannot believe a mother would say what she said to you, and then have the nerve to say," I love you even though you don't love me"?!?

This sounds exactly like something my mother in law would say to my husband!! She is just as sick and twisted!! Obviously she is desperatly grasping at straws!! What a freaking guilt trip!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

I am so sorry, hang in there!! People say and do the most hurtful things when they are under cult influence!! These people are so warpped!!

Again ((HUGS)))!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I took the liberty of rewriting this letter in the way I would if I had received it from my parents. I think I probably would send it just so she can see how she sounds from another persons perspective and so she can perhaps actually FEEL what it would be like to have those cruel words she threw out so carelessly returned to her. The goal is not to return tit for tat, but to hopefully make her think and reflect on her brand of "love". It's your judgement call, though, of course.

Cog

Dear Mom:

I'm writing to you in hopes that you will leave Jehovah's Witnesses before it's too late. The new system of things has been just around the corner for 100 years now and there is not much time left for the Society and their evil followers to have a life before it is too late.

It broke my heart when you turned your back on your children. You took all the love I gave you and simply flushed it down the toilet. With everything you know, how could you possibly turn away from your family? I know that deep down inside you know that the love of your children is the only hope you have for a happy future. Even though you have chosen to follow a strange cult, you can still return to the world of reality and we will accept you with open arms. Don't you want to live in the bosom of your loving family, in sickness and health, no conditions - just peace and security? Who would not want that? I know I sure do and I want my children to be there with me.

You are the only parents I know who have turned their back and refused to be apart of their children's lives and it just makes me sick to my heart to know that soon you will be dead. Think about your grandchildren, even though they are of age to decide for themselves you still are responsible and will be the cause of their dying without knowing their grandparents! You have not taken on your responsibility to be a good christian mother and grandmother and raise your children the way children want to be raised.

Don't you think that they deserve to be happy, why make them pay for your selfish, judgemental ways? What will you say to them when your death comes, I'm sorry?? Well it will be too late then. I'm so ashamed to even tell friends that I have a mother that has turned her back on us. That my flesh and blood is nothing more than a worthless religious fanatic. How is it possible that I could have been born to something so awful?

I'm enclosing a Mother's Day card for you along with a picture of you when you were still a mother, when you still had love in your heart, before you turned to an evil, family destroying cult. Please call me when you receive this so that we can talk about your feelings.

I love you even though you don't love me.

nj

• Heather
    Heather

WOW.. Cog that was great!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Cog,

(((HUGS)))!!! That deserved a big hug!!! HOLY COW you did a fantastic job on rewriting that letter!!! I SO hope ex sends it to her mother!!

Can you imagine her reaction to recieving this turned around on her?? How FITTING!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The very few times that my mother either emailed me or spoke many of those same things to me, and tried to lay guilt trips on me, I ended up getting very depressed and cried for hours on end. I have even called and begged her to be my mother again, and just speak to me. She refuses, and I have not heard anything at all from her, yet still make it a point to check the social security death records every month to see if she is still alive. Weird, but I only wish I would get a letter, even if it is a letter as nasty as that one was. It may hurt and depress the heck out of me, and I may feel like poo on the bottom of a shoe, but it would also make me feel that she still thinks of me, albeit in a megalomaniacal, twisted, cultish way.

I know that sounds strange, but that is just how I would feel.

I am glad some people have healed past those nasty letters, and hope that someday I may be able to do the same if I were again in that predicament.

Kudos to you for not letting it bother you!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Weird, but I only wish I would get a letter, even if it is a letter as nasty as that one was. It may hurt and depress the heck out of me, and I may feel like poo on the bottom of a shoe, but it would also make me feel that she still thinks of me, albeit in a megalomaniacal, twisted, cultish way.

Dear OhioCowboy,

(((HUGS)))!!Don't give up on her. You never know what may happen in her life to change her thinking. Hang in there!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lotus65
    Lotus65

wow sorry about ur mom and the organization although she is being so horrible to u try to remember that this is a brainwashed member of a cult speaking these are just the destructive effects of the watchtower society and the governing body

• vitty
    vitty

I would make it public

Send it to your local newspaper, you could keep the names anonymous . The public should be made aware of how the JWs really treat people.

If it got published , id then send it to her..............

In fact i think I will send a copy of this to my JW daughter it may wake her up a bit

• vitty
    vitty

I would make it public

Send it to your local newspaper, you could keep the names anonymous . The public should be made aware of how the JWs really treat people.

If it got published , id then send it to her..............

In fact i think I will send a copy of this to my JW daughter it may wake her up a bit

• moshe
    moshe

I would make it public

I was thinking the same thing. I wish a reporter could call the KH elders up and ask them why they shun people this way. I wonder , if the WT Society would reply in a letter that this woman is following the rules of the F&DS or would they deny this is how they treat people who quit the KH?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit