I received a package from my mother today

by ex-nj-jw 102 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

My dub mother sent me a package today, inside was a NWT bible, a picture of me around age 5 at an assembly - I looked miserable and my dad was holding a battery operated fan in front of me, and a letter, here is the letter. I ask that you remember that I was 18 when I left and I'm now 42, that there is a total of 8 children in my family and there are only 2 that are still JW's, oh and that my mother is a complete nutcase!

Dear nj:

I'm writing to you in hopes that you will return to Jehovah before it's too late. The new system of things is just around the corner and there is not much time left for Satan and his demons and all their evil followers.

It broke my heart when you turned you back and Jehovah. You took everything your father and I gave you and simply flushed it down the toilet. With everything you know, how could you possibly turn away from the truth? I know that deep down inside you know that Jehovah is the only hope you have for a happy future. Even though you have chosen to follow Satan's way, you can still return to jehovah's love and he will accept you with open arms. Don't you want to live forever in a paradise earth, no sickness and death, no crime - just peace and security? Who would not want that? I know I sure do and I want my children to be there with me.

You are the only one of my children who has turned their back and refused to be apart of Jehovah's earthly organization and it just makes me sick to my heart to know that soon you will be dead. Think about your children, even though they are of age to decide for themselves you still are responsible and will be the cause of their death at armegedon! You have not taken on your responsibility to be a good christian mother and raise your children the way Jehovah want's children to be raised.

Don't you think that they deserve to be happy, why make them pay for your selfish, immoral ways? What will you say to them when Armegedon comes, I'm sorry?? Well it will be too late then. I'm so ashamed to even tell friends that I have a daughter that has turned her back on Jehovah and us. That my flesh and blood is nothing more than a worthless sinner. How is it possible that I could have given birth to something so awefull? (, I no longer am human, just an aweful something).

I'm enclosing a bible for you along with a picture of you when you were the happiest little thing around, when you still had love in your heart, before you turned to Satan the Devil. Please call me when you receive this so that we can talk about your feelings.

I love you even though you don't love me.

Mom

WTF???? My first impulse was to call her and go off!, then I read it again and could do nothing but laugh, she is outrageous. She also must have forgotten that she has 6 other children who are no longer JW's. I read the letter to my brother and he said I should burn the bible and the letter then mail her the ashes!

What do you guys think, and I already know she's a nut!

• unique1
    unique1

Give me 12 years. I feel sure I will be on here bitching about the same kind of letter. So do you think the crazy JW mom is just a given or what?

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) I am so glad you were able to laugh at that. Doesnt' she see, you do want your children to be happy, that is why you don't make them go to meetings and out in service.

• mavie
    mavie

First of all, sorry to hear/read this.

Secondly, do you still want a relationship with your mother? Laughing at this is a great way to cope.

• BFD
    BFD

(((nj)))

I like the way your brother thinks.

That letter would send me over the top. Maybe if you called her and read it back to her she would realize how unkind and warped her train of thought is I'd prolly just ignore her.

BFD

PS- How's your dad doing?

• changeling
    changeling

You poor baby! That was awful. You own mother just called you are sinner and a Satan follower. She condemed you to death. She admits to being ashamed of you.

How, how, can a mother ever say such things???

My heart hurts for you.

changeling

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    do you think the crazy JW mom is just a given or what?

Yes, I think all those years out in the hot sun, walking d2d fried her brain! She is absolutley nuts!!! I think I'll do what my brother suggested and burn the bible and send her the ashes. I'm gonna keep the picture cause I was a cute little kid

nj

• Open mind
    Open mind
    my mother is a complete nutcase!

Pretty well sums it up.

It sounds like you've moved on and I hope that's true. If she still has any emotional hooks in you that could really be hard to take.

How is it possible that I could have given birth to something so awefull?

I could really fell the love while reading that gem. I would wager that 99 out of 100 active JWs would think that this remark was over the top. Just my unsubstantiated opinion.

Aren't you glad you left at 18?

Open Mind

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Oh nj honey! I felt guilty as hell for laughing all the way through that letter until I got to your last few lines where you said you had the same reaction!

Don't you think that they deserve to be happy, why make them pay for your selfish, immoral ways? What will you say to them when Armegedon comes, I'm sorry?? Well it will be too late then. I'm so ashamed to even tell friends that I have a daughter that has turned her back on Jehovah and us. That my flesh and blood is nothing more than a worthless sinner. How is it possible that I could have given birth to something so awefull? (, I no longer am human, just an aweful something).

You deserve a spanking young lady - selfish and immoral mutha that you are and not forgetting worthless sinner. Its the melodrama that makes it all so ridiculous. And I can just about remember when I believed all that crap.

You are the same worthless sinner that goes out of her way to email me support sometimes and have offered me help well beyond the realms of my faintest hopes. I'm glad you can treat this with the regard it deserves - you wonderful person!

• Serg
    Serg

I would send her the ashes, your brother is right. Its not worth wasting your positive energy on calling her and going off. My moms also a head case and going off on her never seemed to work. She would just turn around and try to accomplish her agenda her own way instead of following my words and instructions. Or you could turn around and send her a REAL bible. ha!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

BFD - Dad is doing well, he came home from hospital on Friday. Seems like he's been there forever!

Nothing my mom says hurts my feelings any more. I stopped caring a long time ago. I love her because she is my mother, and I do wish we could have had a relationship. But at this point in my life, what she says, does or thinks of me doesn't matter.

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit