I received a package from my mother today

by ex-nj-jw 102 Replies latest jw friends

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I love you even though you don't love me.

Nothing like cheap emotional blackmail to help you come to your senses..please!!!! this is obviously a letter written up by a screwed up JW...I'm sorry, but my mother would never send me a letter like that....I'm so sorry for you..but isn't this the woman who told your son his father wasn't your husband??? i would expect nothing from this woman. in fact, next time she sends you something, don't even bother to open it..She does not deserve your time, hun.......many many hugs!!!!!!

• bluebell
    bluebell

That letter is so outrageous the only response is to laugh like you did, glad you are past being hurt by her. I think you ought to use Drews suggestions!

• journey-on
    journey-on

That is like the saddest thing I can imagine a mother saying to her own flesh and blood!

I would return the letter with a note attached: "having no natural affection, merciless." Look it up mom. It's in Romans.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Geez, that was a cruel letter! Mother guilt trip, par excellant!!

So sorry,

Lavendar

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think the most important thing to remember is that your mother needs to know that what she is doing only hurts and helps nothing at all

JWs have this idea that if they follow the society in everything they will always be the good guy and prevail. If you lash out in anger they simply see it as the persecution they should expect for having the 'truth'.

On the other hand you can just tell them that their techniques have failed and will never work. Tell them that it's not about what they believe as much as the way they say it. Let them know that the method she has chosen to express herself shows how very little she has learned of compassion and love from her religion. She feels that by guilt she can make you become a JW again. Tell her that such cheap arguments only show how shallow her religion must be. Always bring it back to 'by doing things like this you prove to me that the WTS is wrong'.

At the end of the day you are not criticizing her, but instead the methods she uses. These methods are what the WTS encourages their members to use, buy criticizing them and saying that they never will work is a way to tell them indirectly that the Watchtowers methods fail.

Does that make any sense, or did I just ramble?

• carla
    carla

Journey on has the right idea!

Is this for real???!! unfreakinbelievable!

Send her the Barbara Anderson disc and explain that you cannot be part of an org that has no standards of decency and encourages such unbiblical behavior from its members. God must be cringing that this org associates themselves with Him.

Her letter is worthy of something, to show nonmembers just how this org really is.

• BFD
    BFD

nj,

Just call her and tell her you posted her letter on an apostate discussion forum. Then give her the link. She really lit this board on fire.

BFD

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Dear Mom,

Thanks for the bible. As soon as I got it I dropped to my knees and prayed that God reveal the true religion to me. Imagine my surprise when I heard a knock at the door moments later. When I opened the door, there were two smartly dressed individuals and I think you know where I'm going with this.

They were Scientologists! I would have never given them the time of day if it wasn't for your gift moving me to prayer.

I have only gone through 3 audits so far, but it's making alot of sense. I found out I was an important thetan in my previous life and will continue to audit my behavior until the refinement is complete. My only regret is that you remain hinged to your carbon-oxygen machine, destined to be devoured when Xenu returns to earth to shatter humanity. You cannot attain enlightenment through the witnesses, they only seek to cloud your mind with foolish hopes of a paradise.

Dianetics is the only way to purify your mind and the Scientologists are the only ones trained in this art.

While I feel sorrow for your body, destined to a life of meaningless reincarnations, I have you to thank for helping me break the cycle. I will be watching over you in your next lives and hope to guide your ethics as you unknowingly helped me.

Peace,

Ex-NJ-JW

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Your mom's letter sounds like many letters I have read before, first starts off with guilt, then trys for the heart strings, stirr in a little momento to the good old days, add a little bit of "you turned your back on Jemima" mix in a bit of your with satan, finish with you don't love jemima so you don't love me. Damn do ever JW goes to the same writting school? I would say send the bible back to your mom with a picture showing how happy you and your family are just the way you are!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a typical letter to ex JW children that any JW parent could have sent. There is all the mourning about them having left jehovah which to them is something so terrible to do and the great anxiety about the coming of armageddon soon and the execution of all ex JW children(how long have they been waiting in vain?) and the illusion that the dub organisation is a safe place to be. It's the FDS that is behind this clever mental manipulation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit