I received a package from my mother today

by ex-nj-jw 102 Replies latest jw friends

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

As a mother I am completely outraged. She is no mother, she was a oven...nothing more then that. I am glad she can no longer hurt you, I have to say it hurt me to read what she wrote.

Thank goodness you got away from her insanity. Just reading that crap I am so thankful that I got my kids out of that hateful way of thinking. I think at this point I would tell her to shove that NWT where the light don't shine.

If she is that ashamed to give birth to something so awful, then this something so awful's money, time, care, love will be no longer given to her.

Just know that we are here for you.

Leslie

• moshe
    moshe

You were 5 years old when the picture was taken - about 1970, right? I would write your mother back and remind her about the hope all the JW's had for 1975 back then. It is not you who failed, but the leaders of the WT Society. I am sure your mother thought you would never, ever graduate from highschool in this old system. The ones who could use a reality check never get one at the KH. Had all the promises of the F&DS for 1975 came true then you would have already been in the new system of things for over 30+ years. Your Mom needs you to come back to validate her hope in a new order as taught by JW's. I would volunteer to go back to the Truth, except it has to be the one taught in 1970. See what she says about that! If the truth of 1970 was good enough for you back then, and supposedly approved by Jehovah, then why not now?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    You were 5 years old when the picture was taken - about 1970, right? I would write your mother back and remind her about the hope all the JW's had for 1975 back then.

Moshe - you are right, It was 1975 and I remember my parents saying that I would never have to bring children into this "old system", I would never even get to high school. Well my youngest is get'n ready to start his senior year in high school, so much for that, huh.

Your responses have given me so much amunition to through back at her, suggestions that I would have never even thought of.

nj

• loosie
    loosie
    Don't you think that they deserve to be happy, why make them pay for your selfish, immoral ways?

I thought God didn't hold the son responsible for the sins of the father?!?!?!

• moshe
    moshe

Have at it! and be sure to remind her had you been the loyal JW that the WT Society wanted you to be back in 1975, you would have had no children and grandchildren for her, either. Does that make those children worthless, too?- Good Luck.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Here's what I might would write back but maybe not:

Dear Mother,

I am writing to you in hopes that you can possibly be a happy person now before it is too late. The good life is now and I am so happy not to live in fear of God, Satan, and demons anymore.

It breaks my heart how you have turned your back on your children, including your grandchildren because of your conditional love (?). With everything you know about true motherhood, how could you just flush my youth down the toilet? I have turned toward unconditional love now, and am thankful for the daily joy I find now and am thankful for better "inner peace and security" now instead of always waiting for such good things, like the apple always dangling before the horse. It's too bad you can't enjoy your children and grandchildren now fully because of your negative, critical, conditional love.

You are the only mother I know who would turn your back on your children unless they believe just like you. It truly makes me sick to my heart that you will only grow old and die unfulfilled. I think of my children and assure them always of my unconditional love and to enjoy being young and having plenty of fun and be educated in principles of goodness and reality.

You deserve to be happy, Mother. Why remain bitter and hateful? I, too, am saddened when I tell my friends how my mother is so judgmental and critical of the majority of mankind, including her own flesh and blood. How is it possible that I could have been born from someone like this?

I am returning your negative and critical book as I desire to be a much better, real person.

Love,

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

name the behavior: mom, that was just emotional blackmail and it won't work. name the consequences: I don't allow anyone to speak to me that way, so until you change your attitude toward me, there's no point in communicating. Don't send me any more letters like that. And don't expect me to help you out financially after reading a statement like this: that you are sorry I was born.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

very similar to the letter i got from my mom.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

I'm so sorry for such a mean, hurtful letter sent from your "mom." This is just plain terrible. I wouldn't say that to my worst enemy, let alone my child. wow. This is on par, in my book, with burning a child with an iron or locking them in a room for days on end. Just as sick, evil, and twisted. I liked Scully's response.

Dear mom

I received your package today. Thanks for the photo, it reminded me just how miserable it was going to assemblies even as a small child. How you could subject an innocent child to that kind of torture is beyond me.

Since you're being completely honest about your feelings in your letter, I thought I would take this opportunity to be completely honest with you. In case you've forgotten, I am a grown woman now, with a life, a husband and children of my own. I am not required to behave in a manner that makes you happy, and it's really rather manipulative for you to put the onus on me for making you happy. If you aren't happy, then perhaps you should examine your life and figure out what you need to do in order to be happy all on your own, without putting unrealistic expectations on other people, and attempting to emotionally blackmail them to keep you appeased. For what it's worth, I am happy with my life just the way it is, as "worthless" and "immoral" as you judge it to be; I do not need to feel superior to others the way you seem to do.

I'm returning the New World Translation to you. I consider it to be a fraudulent counterfeit of the Bible, and I do not keep cult propaganda in my home where it can poison the minds of the unwary, the way it has yours.

That is a perfect response.

Yet another reminder on how how important unconditional love is toward your children. You love your chid because they EXIST and that is it in my book.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you went back there would be many things JW`s used to preach,but no longer believe..You would`nt be able to bring back your old JW beliefs with you.You would be DisfellowShipped if you pursued those ideas..LOL!!..Fry your mom`s brain with that fact!.....Lets start with :"1914 the generation that would not pass Away"..The buggers are all dieing just to make WBT$ look bad..And..JW`s no longer believe that..LOL!!.....The list is endless with these people...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit