I hate Walmart!

by Elsewhere 137 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    The purpose of leaving items at the front is to serve as a punishment to the company for dissatisfactory service. The only way to punish a corporation is by hitting their bottom line. The more people who leave a full basket at the front the more costly it will be for Walmart. Instead of making a profit Walmart will loose money by having to pay someone to restock the items. If anything I'm ensuring more work (and therefore more money) for more people. Eventually Walmart will realize that it is cheaper to provide satisfactory service than to make people wait in long lines like cattle.

Hmm, you really believe that? Trust me, Wal Mart didn't get to be the most profitable retailer in the world without studying exactly how many and what kind of employees are profitable. Your actions hurt no one but the minimum wage slob who has to go around cleaning up behind you. Wal Mart could not care less, and your actions won't even make a dent in their radar, even if you had a 1,000 people doing the same thing. You're simply being a self centered asshole looking for a petty cathartic release.

• 5go
    5go
    Cherry was charged with retail grand theft and asked to sign an affidavit stating that she will never return to the Palm Bay Walmart. She will not be ordered to wear a sign saying: "I Stole From Walmart."

Honestly wouldn't that encourage more people.

It's becoming a robin hood thing now.

• 5go
    5go

Elsewhere:

The best thing to do if you hate Walmart is not to shop there. If enough people do that, then they won't have a market. Clearly, that's not happening - or the lines wouldn't be so long. Do you just hate them because their shops are always busy, or is there more to it?

I shop there because it is the only thing in town other than a grocery store and home depot ( worse the walmart by the way ) which I go to the grocery store when ever possble. We are supposed to be getting a target soon and when we do I will be going there.

• Highlander
    Highlander

JD:

I see no problem with disagreeing with someone over a minor issue such as Walmart, but to go ahead and call that person an A'hole makes you an absolute jerk. I would think that someone who claims to have a major in English would have the ability to use more intelligent words than that.

While I don't like walmart as well, I also wouldn't leave my basket at the front counter. Even if I didn't agree with you on that point, I wouldn't lower myself your 'standards' over such a minor, insignificant issue.

• Descender
    Descender

I actually live within 30 miles of the Wal Mart home office, which means around this area Wal Mart is pretty much the only option. I'm actually surrounded by Wal Mart Super Centers, there is one less than two miles to the south of me, and there is one less than two miles to the north of me. There is a Sam's club right beside one of those Wal Marts and just down the road about a mile is a Wal Mart neighborhood market. They're building another Sam's club about 3 miles away and just a couple miles past that new Sam's club is another Super Center. If I wanted to make a drive-by I could visit a total of 12 Wal Mart Super Centers, Sams, and Wal Mart Neighborhood Markets in a span of about 35 minutes. Give me couple more minutes and I could visit the Wal Mart home offices and drive by the original Walton's 5 and dime where it all started.

So, although I'll agree that the customer service at Wal Mart is non-existant, that they don't pay their employees enough, that they sometimes don't care for their stores the way they should, and the fact that they employ overseas slave labor, people around this area don't have a lot of other choices as far as grocery items are concerned. Now for home improvement items, I'll always frequent Lowe's or Home Depot over Wal Mart even if they are a little more expensive.

• 5go
    5go
    The purpose of leaving items at the front is to serve as a punishment to the company for dissatisfactory service. The only way to punish a corporation is by hitting their bottom line. The more people who leave a full basket at the front the more costly it will be for Walmart. Instead of making a profit Walmart will loose money by having to pay someone to restock the items. If anything I'm ensuring more work (and therefore more money) for more people. Eventually Walmart will realize that it is cheaper to provide satisfactory service than to make people wait in long lines like cattle.
    Hmm, you really believe that? Trust me, Wal Mart didn't get to be the most profitable retailer in the world without studying exactly how many and what kind of employees are profitable. Your actions hurt no one but the minimum wage slob who has to go around cleaning up behind you. Wal Mart could not care less, and your actions won't even make a dent in their radar, even if you had a 1,000 people doing the same thing. You're simply being a self centered asshole looking for a petty cathartic release.

Believe me from my friend that have worked there it does. There are more things than just money walmart is having a tuff time finding people dumb enough to work there. They can't blame this on customers in their mind so they take it out on an employee that then quits or is fired. Hurting them alot more than just the cost restocking. It cost them to rehire in an eviroment than costing them more and more to hire not good for them.

I do this to if the lines are to long I dump and run.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Add me to the Walmart Haters Club. Like Hortensia said, my boycotting it isn't going to hurt them in any way. But by patronizing them I am showing support for their effort, which I refuse to do. I have only shopped there once in the last five years. Drew wanted to get a DVD player that he could only find there. I knew that he was going to get it no matter how much I said Wal mart is evil. I went with him and bought a few groceries. For shame.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Elsewhere:

The purpose of leaving items at the front is to serve as a punishment to the company for dissatisfactory service. The only way to punish a corporation is by hitting their bottom line. The more people who leave a full basket at the front the more costly it will be for Walmart. Instead of making a profit Walmart will loose money by having to pay someone to restock the items. If anything I'm ensuring more work (and therefore more money) for more people.

Sounds to me like you threw a hissy fit because you had to wait your turn. If you don't like waiting in line, go to a less popular shop. They may not have everything you want, but that will help ensure they remain less popular, so you can quickly and conveniently stock up on whatever they do happen to have.

Eventually Walmart will realize that it is cheaper to provide satisfactory service than to make people wait in long lines like cattle.

With a company like Walmart that works so hard on profit, it strikes me that if it really were cheaper (i.e. more profitable) to open more checkouts they'd do exactly that.

• SuzieQ
    SuzieQ

Yes, your scenario is correct. The line are long regardless if you buying a lot or a little. It's not worth the few measly dollars of savings on just a few items to constantly shop there. I guess Walmart is the same everwhere. We have 5 walmarts within 25 mile radius! They are inescapable! SQ Calif. USA

• greendawn
    greendawn

In other countries big supermarkets have express check out lines specifically for customers that have only up to 8 or 10 shopping items, for them it would be diffcult to wait in long lines with customers buying scores of items. I am surprised Walmart doesn't offer this facility.

Nowadays fruit sold in all wealthy countries often comes from abroad and are often out season where they are sold eg cherries at Christmas in the Northern hemisphere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit