I hate Walmart!

by Elsewhere 137 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I rarely ever set foot in the place and will go out of my way to avoid shopping there. Tonight I made the mistake of giving Walmart the benefit of the doubt and walked in the door.

They didn't have the main item I was looking for, but they did have one other small item. I headed to the front to check out only to find they had only a few check-outs open and all of the lines were far too long.

One thing I absolutely will NOT tolerate at a store is a long line at the check-out. I refuse to be treated like damn cattle.

I walked over to a few people who were closing out some check-out stands and asked if they would open a new line but the response was: "There are no open lines at this end of the store, you have to go to the other end."

Hello!!! That isn't what I asked!

I told them that the lines were too long and again asked if they would open a new line. They responded by telling me that the checkers had all gone home, so they could not open any lines.

Fck that! I dropped the item I had on a stand next to me and walked out.

The management must think customers will tolerate a long wait to check-out and will only hire enough people for it. If they want my business they will have to do a hell of a lot better!

This isn't the first time I've done that at a walmart. More than once I've left a full basket at the front because the lines were so damn long.

Have I mentioned how much I hate Walmart?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Ironically, they are the number one retailer in the world and your complaint stems from them being popular enough to elicit long check out lines. Seems like a silly thing to bitch about. Perhaps you should listen to you dislike and not make more work for the workers by getting things out you're not going to pay for.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Me, too, Elsewhere. I boycotted them for 11 mos. I tried to make it a year, but needed something one night late and they were the only ones open. I avoid them for many reasons, but customer service is the main one.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I'm a frequent customer of Wal-Mart. Heck, there's not much else to choose from around here. Sometimes it can suck to shop there, or get in and out when you're in a hurry, but oh well, could be worse.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I never shop at Walmart, although it's for a pointless reason. Someone said that Henry Ford created the middle class in America and Walmart is single-handedly destroying it. Like my not shopping there will make a difference. I mostly shop online anyway.

• lavendar
    lavendar
    Heck, there's not much else to choose from around here.

That's because they put everyone else out of business!

I'm also a member of the "Hate Wal-Mart" club.....even though I'm surrounded by them! Their customer service is a joke; employee wages are pathetic; they've brainwashed everyone in this state against Unions; they put other stores out of business;.....to name a few reasons.

Well, that was a nice rant. Thanks.

Lavendar

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Just heard of yet another reason - WTS style - teens in Mexico working at Wal Mart are classed as "volunteers" and are unpaid workers!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20056614/site/newsweek/

• monophonic
    monophonic

i have never been to a walmart thanks to the city i live in not allowing them to open one w/in city limits.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

If you haven't watched this yet, "Walmart: High Cost of Low Prices," please do. You will never shop at Walmart again.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3836296181471292925

I made the mistake of working there for almost 4 years. It was hell. It's not the cashiers fault on the front. They cut everyone's hours, and short-staff to save money. They got rid of ALL security for an entire year, claimed a loss of $650,000 in MY store alone, then tried to blame it all on the employees.

I only worked self-check out, which should have been called "thief alley." Working self-check means you have to watch 4 lanes of customers, catch thieves, repair the computer system when it freezes in the middle of a credit card transaction, or fix it when the customer breaks it....clean up after customers who let their kids throw soda/yogurt/spit/diapers... all over the belts, and then just walk off and leave it for YOU!

I watched customers walk out with carts of merchandise, flat screen TV's, etc., and we were told we couldn't touch them. I got cursed at, called all kinds of names, almost hit twice. A 75 year old sweet lady and me were all the security the store had. No one was watching the cameras.

I quit. I'd had enough. They do not pay you enough to go through what I went through. It started as a part-time job when I broke up with my fiance. I needed a second job fast. I then got laid off from my GOOD, full-time job, and ended up @ Walmart full-time.

This company is the worst company I have ever worked for in my life, and I will never shop there again.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Never buy electronics at Walmart. I believe they sell refurbished items as new, because every electronic item I've bought has broken way too soon and it's the same story with quite a few other people I know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit