I hate Walmart!

by Elsewhere 137 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I just bought a 13" colour TV at Walmart !..I got a great deal..It`s for the "Penguins"..They`re short and their heads are small..So..They will all be able to watch it!..That should keep them out of my cigar box and sober..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• PEC
    PEC

You can shop at walmart online.

Philip

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I just bought a 13" colour TV at Walmart !..I got a great deal..It`s for the "Penguins"..They`re short and their heads are small..So..They will all be able to watch it!..That should keep them out of my cigar box and sober..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

I sometimes eject from the lineup. In a canadian tire store, recently, two cashiers were fiddling around w a price list and making the customers wait. After a bit, i put my armfull of stuff down on the floor in front of me and walked out. It's surprising how much you don't need stuff that you thought you did.

S

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Nice that they have security back in some places. This happened at least once a day where I worked.

http://www.local6.com/news/13754189/detail.html

33-Year-Old Mother Banned From Walmart For Life

Meet Anenide Cherry. Walmart banned her from entering their Palm Bay, FL store after she was caught using her three kids to steal merchandise worth over $300. Loss prevention officers observed Cherry's tikes, ages 6, 12, and 15, bagging unscanned items at the self-checkout counter. From Local6:

Cherry paid $113 in goods but had a total of $400 worth of stolen merchandise sitting in her cart, police said. Cherry was stopped while a male companion accompanying her bolted out the door, according to reports.

Cherry was charged with retail grand theft and asked to sign an affidavit stating that she will never return to the Palm Bay Walmart. She will not be ordered to wear a sign saying: "I Stole From Walmart."

Never buy electronics at Walmart. I believe they sell refurbished items as new, because every electronic item I've bought has broken way too soon and it's the same story with quite a few other people I know.
    They are refurbished. Believe me, I know.
  • smellsgood
    smellsgood

You know, when you wrote about long lines, I had visions of the Iraqis in miles long lines waiting for....soup? crackers? toasters? NO! Gasoline! I feel bad for them, but you can't help but shake your head when the residents of one of the most oil rich countries in the world have to wait and wait and wait to fill up their tank! I mean, what else? They have to camp out to aquire a bag of sand in the desert?

But yeah, Wal-Mart. Lines, inconvenience.

I admit, I like Wal-Mart, and I shop there often. The thing I don't do is shop for their "wares" that are made in China. I shop in their grocery section, pretttty much all made in the U.S.A. and substantially cheaper. I also will get shampoo, face lotion, candy, whatever.

I don't like the idea of Wal-Mart whatsoever, and I always think of that Frontline or Wideangle documentary of the young Chinese woman sewing away at those jeans. You look at the rows and rows of largely poorly designed and hastily produced textiles, in ONE store, and it blows your mind. I have a sewing machine, I once tried to sew pants and I never finished it's so dang tricky. The girls were getting paid $1 per pair of pants, if that. It's really epidemic though, and certainly not exclusive to Wal-Mart at this point, though they certainly take advantage of the countries where the government only looks at its people as commodities.

Wal-Mart has so many drawbacks in so many ways. It's difficult for even a middle class family to make it work sometimes, and the fact that they can save money is one of the few good things about the WM.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

smellsgood...watch the documentary, and see if you still feel the same way.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I'm with you. I hate Walmart. I would rather do without than be treated like a piece of $hit. I have the same love for banks. I will never stand in line at a bank. I have used the ATM for all of may banking for almost 12 years now. I refuse to line up for 30 minutes to get MY money out of the bank.

Wow, I feel much better now. Thanks.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

What way is that Tatiana? I said I don't like the idea of Wal-Mart, I probably just like it because I like to shop, especially for food and cake, and I get excited when I see green onions 3/$1. So sue me! I think pretty much all the food is made in U.S.A. Of course WalMart is a huge, corporate powerful juggernaut that is ridiculous. I can't help but shop there though!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Elsewhere:

The best thing to do if you hate Walmart is not to shop there. If enough people do that, then they won't have a market. Clearly, that's not happening - or the lines wouldn't be so long. Do you just hate them because their shops are always busy, or is there more to it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit