Why, exactly, are you here?

by animal 81 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

Hi Animal,

I come here mostly to read about others experiences with leaving the JWs. I have been out a long time and as someone else already mentioned, if you haven't experienced exiting it is impossible to understand. I found this site just recently and was blown away to find out that I am not alone. So in a sense, yes, it is associating with like people.

I don't really have trouble making friends outside, I just have no one to share my JW experience with. I do not know any ex-JWs outside this forum. (Other than family members and the subject for some reason is taboo.)

The reason I had trouble letting go of the past is because I am being shunned by my mother. The past is haunting the present so to speak. At first, I thought that JWD could help me find a way to get through to her, help her exit, but, I am no longer interested in doing that. She will prolly go to her grave thinking what she is doing is the right thing. And, now that's OK for me. Before I found JWD the anger was eating up my soul. I have no interest in re-living the past, anymore.

I never told my whole story on this forum and I prolly never will. If I feel I can help someone because of my experience, I will share bits and pieces here and there.

My journey is just beginning. I don't know what I believe anymore but I am certain what I do not believe.

Thanks,

BFD

• fedorE
    fedorE

cause i was F**Ked at birth

• changeling
    changeling

I like Terry's reason: we all smell alike. We stink to JW's but smell good to each other.

Like seeks like. We are all very differnt people with a strong common denominator - we know the truth about "the truth".

We can't discuss these things with JW's, they would run away screaming.

We can't discuss these things with those who've never been witnesses because they can't possibly understand.

So we come here, where we all sniff each other's butts and smell something familiar.

changeling

• BFD
    BFD

So we come here, where we all sniff each other's butts and smell something familiar.

changeling, changeling, changeling! That really sounds like something a wolf would do. Die werewolf!

ROFLMAO!

BFD

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Oh Changeling...toooooooo funny! BFD....good catch! She is thinkin like a DOG!

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

First I came here out of curiosity ( curiosity killed the cat) then I started to find out a lot of things I didn't know. Soon I realised that they had a lot of different ex-jw, some believed in the bible, other not, some atheist some believers, etc.. Now I stay because of the people and opinions that I like a lot, so many opinions. I find it liberating to be able to "talk" about so many things.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

because of my background (born in, raised by jw parents) and I like it here

Josie

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Why, exactly, are you here on JWD?

I was born and raised in, all my family is still in. I have no association with them so coming here and reading as well as some of the interaction is therapeutic for me.

Are you out of the JW's and still needing association with like people?

Not necessarily but it's helpful to know there are others out there in a similar situation or ones dealing with the same things.

Do you lack the skills to have real friends in real life?

No, it's just my friends in the real world don't understand when things with my family happen or if I feel the need to talk about something JW related- they just don't get it a all.

Do you prefer people with the same experiences you had?

No not in general, but it's nice to be able to exchange thoughts and talk about things with people who've been through what you have.

Can you not let go of the past, thus reliving it thru others posts?

No, instead it's more like a support group of people here who've all been through the JW thing- all in different stages and I've found it to be very helpful to me personally to be able to read others thoughts and feelings- to take from it what I can and give back when I can. I've taken a break a time or two and thought I wouldn't return but when you have family still in it makes it very difficult to stay away. If something happens and I'm having a hard time dealing with it just coming here and reading others posts has been helpful to me in so many ways.

• changeling
    changeling

BFD, being in your company put me in canine mode. 1 Co 3:15.

changeling

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

To stop me from going back - the mind control of the past 36 years is very strong and so is the pull of all my many friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit