Why, exactly, are you here?

by animal 81 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Among others, helping ruin the Watchtower Society by exposing their false doctrines and abuses is my major purpose here. Hopefully, anyone looking up the religion will see my posts and be dissuaded from joining. And active Witlesses who do a curiosity search might be "stumbled" and realize that the truth is nothing more than a series of lies.

• BCberean
    BCberean

I'm here because...

I feel like I'm living in 'nowhere land'

Transition time for me....

Actually I'm neither 'here nor there'...but...

I'm more 'here' than 'there'

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is scriptural - I keep testing wether I am in the faith

• Mincan
    Mincan

I am here for understanding.

I tell a random person "I was mind-f***ed in a cult for 20 years" it doesn't really mean anything for them and they don't understand what the big deal is.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

*smiles and waves to animal*

I'm here to keep up with the people I've met in real live and people that I've gotten to know via internet.

to hear of other experiences.

keep up on the JW gossip

and I'm still waiting to meet someone that I knew when I was in or for family to come to their senses and come out.

I think that's it.

lisa

• greendawn
    greendawn

To bash the WTS, they are a sick and destructive animal that deserves to be destroyed and I enjoy contributing something towards that end and of course helping people to get over the mordid spell of the cult.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Terry, that was some of your most beautiful and insightful work.

Animal, I like the people I've met here. That's what keeps me coming back.

It's always about people.

No man is an island. You know the deal.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Too much time on my hands. Trying to get 5,000 post. Something to do. Interactive, entertaining.

• IMHO
    IMHO

Animal to deviate from the main topic and pick up on one of your comments, you are wrong. You say; "I firmly believe that a person controls what offends them... thus nothing I say could be offensive." That is only true of the emotionally strong and they are few and far between these days. For example if a punch the average joe in the stomach it will hurt, whereas if I punch a trained boxer in the stomach he will not even feel it. So it goes for emotional strength.

• JH
    JH

Why, exactly, are you here on JWD?

I was happy to find this place back in 2002 and I became addicted.

Are you out of the JW's and still needing association with like people?

I'm inactive since many years and still like to talk about JW beliefs and changes that's going on there

Do you lack the skills to have real friends in real life?

I'm a loner and I love having online friends

Do you prefer people with the same experiences you had?

I like anybody that accepts who I am, JW or not

Can you not let go of the past, thus reliving it thru others posts?

The whole JW ordeal is something that's hard to let go, because it meant life or death not so long ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit