Why, exactly, are you here?

by animal 81 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good to see you, AO!

• outnfree
    outnfree

I am here because, from time to time, it's nice to run into the "old JWDers," like you ((((((Animal)))))!
    How are ya?!

out

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

I come for the stimulating textual intercourse with the religious taste about it...

with the vague hope for an orgasmic eppiphany or to give one

• Tara
    Tara

So we come here, where we all sniff each other's butts and smell something familiar.

changeling, changeling, changeling! That really sounds like something a wolf would do. Die werewolf!

ROFLMAO!

BFD

OMG, yes! Too funny! Interesting choice of words, Changeling.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I come for the stimulating textual intercourse with the religious taste about it...

with the vague hope for an orgasmic eppiphany or to give one

I'm suddenly feeling rather stimulated myself.

• animal
    animal

I guess I should answer my own questions, eh? Then I will sum it all up.

Why, exactly, are you here on JWD?

I found this place many years ago by accident, and all my reading showed me that I wasnt the only freak in the world.... there were plenty of us, and we werent freaks! I made many friends on here and came back after a vacation from JWD to see how they were. I find boards both entertaining and educational. I do not try to get into the "getting people out of the JWs" thing, but I wouldnt dare stop anyone else from doing it. It just isnt my thing. I am more into helping make people think and respond without reacting emotionally. That, to me, is part of the learning process we all need.

Are you out of the JW's and still needing association with like people?

I was born and abused into the JWs.... aint been near one since 1972, I am disfellowshipped. They dont exsist to me and I chase them physically off my property if they dare show up. I do the same to the Mormons. Being with people with the same or similar background makes things more interesting, it never gets boring in here.

Do you lack the skills to have real friends in real life?

Nope.. I am an extravert, and sometimes an aggresive one. I sometimes scare the shy, but mostly I am cool with everyone. Old survival techniques let me size someone up quickly, so I can adjust my actions around new people to fit the situation. I am neither judgemental nor do I like being judged. Being in the biker world, I have friends across this country and enjoy it. We all have differing levels of ability to make and keep friends, no doubt. Being here could help us all learn more on the "how-to's".

Do you prefer people with the same experiences you had?

On this board, sure.... wouldnt want a bunch of "never-were-JW-Catholics" here interacting.... they wouldnt get it. We have varying experiences here, from the ugliest upbringings to the calmest. Some of use just faded, some had hellish trials-by-elder, many of us are being shunned by hypocrites. We all learn from each other.

Can you not let go of the past, thus reliving it thru others posts?

Letting go is almost the final break needed to get on with life. The final break, for me, was to wash all the JW bullshit out of my head, to include many of the memories.... they are there, but I dont dwell on them if a problem comes up. Life is in my hands now, not my past. Many of you are there also, and more will as time goes on and you learn and grow. I do relive some things thru posts, ones that are similar to mine.... and many times I read and think "hell, I had no problems compared to so-and-so". It is all subjective and I accept that.

Now for the summary....

You all replied great and honestly. No ill will was intended, rather we all should be able to read the replies and digest them.... get whatever we can from them, and grow. That was the intent.

The post disagreeing with my opinion about being offended.... you see it one way, I see it another. I cannot relate it to boxing and getting hit, how hard you are hit could vary. Speech and thought, or opinions, are just that and carry no hurt, intentional or not. People have different thicknesses of skin, of course, but should any of us limit our speach to the lowest common denominator? I doubt that and would disagree with that. I wont attack anyone on here or hurt them on purpose, but I wouldnt walk on eggshells either. As I tell people.... always assume humor if something said is in question.

If any of you want or need ideas on how to handle some situation I mentioned, feel free to ask for help. If I can, I will... if not, we will find someone who can. Ask privately or publically.

Thank you all for the answers.

Animal

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm glad you're back here, animal.

We all could use a little sanity.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I am here because for the most part I feel like a square peg in a round world. People here understand what it feels like to be a square peg.

Leslie

• animal
    animal

Thank you.

I have been able to shake any and all of the oddities brainwashed or beat into me by the prior life. Doing that was a learning experience, and was tougher than you may think at times. It is wierd how powerful your mind/fears/dreams can be. Learn to control them and you are your own GOD!!

Understand, I do not say any of this in a bragging way, far from it. I do it to show that you too can have the peace I have inside and out, and totally control my life.

Animal

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

for a lot of reasons that others gave - folks with similar experiences, folks with a background in the WTBTS, folks who are funny, smart, learned, interesting, smartasses, it's all better than television. However, I emphatically state that I do NOT come on this forum to sniff anyone's butt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit